Home | About | Donate

Media Can’t Quit 'Trump Supporters Support Trump' Stories

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2019/07/24/media-cant-quit-trump-supporters-support-trump-stories

In 2016 the media gave Trump billions in free publicity and it looks like they are fixing to do the same in 2020. This includes the “liberal” media. If they had truthfully covered Trump and his flaws, sins, and bankruptcies he could not have been elected dog catcher. Trump has been proven to be a corrupt, ignorant, president and Russian tool, but the media is giving him and his cult a free pass again. Liberals and progressives don’t get the same amount of adoring coverage.

1 Like

Why Trump doesn’t thank the MSM every single day for supporting him, I don’t understand (yes I understand on many levels). I mean, considering the fact that MSM actually does support his fucking Administration every single day and in fact the fascist himself kind of does make MSM in some aspect “the enemy of the People” for driving this country toward fascism, or rather deeper into it.

2 Likes

Remember: Trump’s good for business.

1 Like

I didn’t read that NYTimes piece but this much is clear:

Both of Michigan’s senators are Dems.
The governorship routinely ping pongs back and forth between R and D.
Obama won by big margins twice.
Bernie beat Hillary in the 2016 D primary.
Hillary lost 160,000 Obama voters – run another Hillary and Trump will win.
In the 2018 “blue wave,” Dems flipped two House seats – the count is now 7 Ds, 6 Rs, 1 I
Rashida Tlaib’s district sure as fuck won’t hand many votes to Trump.

2 Likes

None worse than “Morning Joe” and Mika. He called in and they talked to him on a near daily basis. Now they’re extremely anti-Trump and there are mutual hard feelings. Of course Trump has no conception of the debt he owes them, but Mika and Joe can NEVER go far enough in dissing him to make up for the huge platform they gave him to begin with. As far as his sins, flaws and bankruptsies go, it’s sad that the general public doesn’t pay as much attention to news that doesn’t affect them and theirs as do that smaller percentage of those of us who grew up as “news junkies.” You’d never know that from the current saturation of 24 hour news, much of it just boring repetition—which questions who is actually paying attention.