Home | About | Donate

Media Cover-up: Shielding Israel is a Matter of Policy

Media Cover-up: Shielding Israel is a Matter of Policy

Ramzy Baroud

The term 'media bias’ does not do justice to the western corporate media's relationship with Israel and Palestine. The relationship is, indeed, far more profound than mere partiality. It is not ignorance, either. It is a calculated and long-term campaign, aimed at guarding Israel and demonizing Palestinians.

The current disgraceful coverage of Gaza's popular protests indicates that the media's position aims at suppressing the truth on Palestine, at any cost and by any means.

The Word “Palestinian” is NOT Anti-Semitic. This View is Smeared around the Western Media and American Empire by Benjamin Netanyahu and Donald Trump; The Adolf Hitler of ZION and His Dr Goebbels Puppet in the White House. Trump is NOT the Most Powerful Man on Earth. He is Netanyahu`s Douche Bag.

If Jews as a whole support the State of Israel, then is not antisemitism (with exceptions for those Jews who oppose Israeli crimes) justified?

Not only justified, we need to stand against crimes, even if they are Jewish.

Any charge of antisemitism should be viewed with suspicion, particularly with regard to its frequent abuse.

Antisemitism is obviously wrong. it it wrong to hate any group because of their race, ethnicity, or religion. Probably the clearest example of antisemitism in the US is that exposed by the neo-Nazis. They believe in wild conspiracy theories such as Jews are behind all liberalism in the United States. They generally blame Jewish bankers for controlling nearly everything the neo-Nazis oppose. The neo-Nazis are strong supporters of Trump. Antisemitism in the US since the 1950s has been I would say a relatively minor problem but incidents have increased since Trump was elected. Certainly the hate against Jews in the US has not reached the level of hate against Muslims, blacks, and Hispanics. But with all the hate groups finding a common leader to support in Trump the situation has been a major concern. The events in Charlottesville were a culmination of what has occurred since Trump was elected. The neo-Nazis are planning a number of rallies including one this Saturday in a town in Georgia that has a number of confederate statues. These rallies are very much about antisemitism as well as white supremacy in general. The neo-Nazis don’t consider Jews to be white people but members of a separate race which goes along with the craziness of their conspiracy theories about Jews. Everyone on the left should be concerned about these white supremacist groups because they will go after people on the left even if they are white Christians like themselves. It is critical to combat hate against all groups in the US. These are dangerous times with a man in the White House who is basically the leader of a white nationalist movement.

I agree with everything you said.

I will add that a growing number of Jews in the U].S. are expressing opposition to the conduct of the Israeli State, so I’m not antisemitic.

Again Mr. Baroud, a heartfelt thanks for your consistent exposing the immorality of western mainstream media; but here’s a depressing observation: the fact that Israeli criminal violence against Palestinians and other Arab and Muslim people’s is “policy” which of course it is even before the 1948 Nakba, mirrors the CIA Phoenix Operation during the Vietnam War.
Lieberman’s “no innocent people in Gaza” could be a CIA propaganda
script, and mm media exalting the inhumanity of Israeli/U.S. criminality by placing the criminals as on a “moral pedestal,” besides being morally emetic, is also CIA Phoenix Op. ideology.
All this while the real journalist of western civilization rots in captivity in the Ecuadorian Embassy in London. Let Corbyn start here for authentic protest.
telos2

Yes, the US press ignores the genocidal murder of Palestinians, instead praising Israel, just as it ignores the increasingly brutal war on refugees in our own country

Self-defense is not genocide.

There would have been no Nakba if racist Palestinians had not tried to exterminate the Jews.

The day after the UN Partition Resolution in November 1947, some racist, xenophobic Palestinians started a genocidal war to exterminate the Jews. Haj Amin el-Husseini, Grand Mufti of Jerusalem – “I declare a holy war, my Muslim brothers! Murder the Jews! Murder them all!”
The war started with Palestinians attacking a Jewish bus driving on the Coastal Plain near Kfar Sirkin killing five and wounding others. Half an hour later they ambushed a second bus from Hadera, killing two more. Arab snipers attacked Jewish buses in Jerusalem and Haifa.

Wars create refugees!

Stop buying lies. Self defense is not relevant and a blatant lie on the part of Israel. Palestinians have a right to self defense as well, Meanwhile Israel is shooting unarmed civilians and protestors, stealing land, bulldozing homes and trying out new weapons on the open prisons of Gaza and the West bank.

The aggressor has no right of self-defense.
Palestinians are the aggressors.
They’ve been murdering innocent Jews since 1920.

If a mob is beating someone to death, is it wrong to shoot the mob even though they are unarmed?

If any other country takes private land to build a road, it’s called the right of eminent domain, but if Israel takes private land to build a road, it’s called stealing.

Racist Palestinians want to exterminate the Jews. The purpose of the blockade is to prevent racist Palestinians from getting more & better weapons to accomplish their goal.

It is the year 2018. The article is about the one-sided conversation about the relationship between Israelis and Palestinians in Western media.

I cannot think of anyone that would find these conditions acceptable. How can any form of justice prevail when the other side is not permitted to exist in public thought?

Eminent domain is supposed to be used to benefit the greater society. Israel is using eminent domain to build roads on the West Bank that only Israelis can use. Looks like stealing to me.

IDK if there is genocidal murder against Palestinians. I do know I read articles of the uprising of mosty young furious Palestinians. I saw photos of some of them throwing hand grenades. I don’t about you. That doesn’t seem like they were unarmed to me. Some threw rocks too Rocks are last I checked weapons I am not saying they shouldn’t be frustrated. However they weren’t as innocent as portrayed in the news media. Not saying shooting tthem is okay. Plus and to be honest uncertain if the following is true. That Hamas wants to not only destroy Israel but every Jew throughout the world. I am for a Palestinian homeland. I am for Israel too. Both sides to me are being rather obstinate. I would surely be Israel giving up land, ie back to the `967 borders if Palestinians would let Israel exist.

ipso facto: genocide is acceptable in case shape-shifters shape and shift as they desire, any way they want within a realm they wield tremendous influence.

Palestinians used to be able to use those roads, but then Palestinians began attacking Israelis on those roads so Palestinians were banned from some of them to save lives.

Genocide is never acceptable!

There are articles about the Israelis & Palestinians all the time in The New York Times & The Washington Post. Compare that to the number of articles about other countries of similar population size: Papua New Guinea, Switzerland, Austria, Serbia & Tajikistan.
Also, the great majority of Americans have access to the Internet.

Israel is the only country that has more trees now than it did 100 years ago.

Invaders and murderous thieves are not innocent. You are buying a line of lies that make you complicit in crimes against humanity and which foster and spread anti-Semitism. When people are denied basic rights, they resist and fight. The best solution is either for Jews to get out of Palestine or for Israel to end its brutal and shameful apartheid either recognizing an independent Palestinian state or granting all equal citizenship. There is no excuse for anything less.