Home | About | Donate

Media Falsely Portrays Iran's Nuclear Deal Breach as Dash to Bomb

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2019/07/06/media-falsely-portrays-irans-nuclear-deal-breach-dash-bomb

Once again the media does what it does best and that is stoke hysteria against another nation or people in order to keep the MIC flush with cash. They are an embarassment and in fact do much the same work Julius Streicher did in Germany in the 1930’s.

6 Likes

We’re looking at a version of the Monroe Doctrine thoroughly sifted with Full Spectrum Dominance, which equals Bernaysian alphabet soup/temporal disruption/schizophrenic power on the amphetamine load provided by the Commodity Futures Modernization Act. Wall Street wants Biden in there - or his replacement by a DNC/DCCC smarme-alike to keep the ponzi scheme pumped. What were the seven countries dear General Wesley Clark said were to be sacrificed?
The dead bolt and the pompous one together with he-who-shall-not-be-named are the three musky tears (as in RIP) to unfold the demons as recognized by all spiritual traditions

3 Likes

Given the media’s lock-step parroting of any phony trump regime blather, crimes, and overt lies, coupled with the near total control of American MSM by wealthy, hyper-partisan “owners”, it isn’t any wonder they do not tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but to the American people,

The “news” media, our Fourth Estate, are now a propaganda tool for the trump regime, oligarchy, war-machine, and corporate/banker/wall street business as usual domination, with a very large helping of treasonous subversion from zionist/Israeli interests and control over American media, used to cover-up brutal Occupation of Gaza, the West, Bank and Golan, taken by force in 1967; the illegal ethnic cleansing and colonization (read theft) of whats left of Palestine not already stolen or “annexed”.

The false narratives against Iran, including the nuclear deal, is a major case in point, used to condition the American people to war against Iran via outright lies, in large part to divert attention from Israeli crimes against humanity…

6 Likes

Pompeo and Bolton should be taken out and have a stake of Holly driven into their chests, then be taken out and shot, just to be safe!

b

If you’re taking volunteers, I’d like to get in line for that.

1 Like

There’s a case to be made that even this reporter has slightly fallen for the claptrap the MSM spews with his headline. Iran didn’t breach the deal, the US did. Iran has informed the other parties involved in the deal, more than once, it was going over the limits of the deal, because of US sanctions.

4 Likes

Communism was used to demonize and justify murdering innocent people; then terrorism was used to justify murdering innocent people; and ever since Iraq, nuclear weapons have been used to scare people and justifying murder. Let me ask, even if Iran had nukes does anyone think they would be stupid enough to use them against the U.S.?

6 Likes

Demonization and lying about Iran seems to be fooling too many Americans. Don’t we ever learn from “weapons of mass destruction” “Gulf of Tonkin” “Remember the Maine,” Cuban soldiers in Grenada (they were doctors) In this case its not that Iran did anything at all to America, quite the reverse.

I wouldn’t blame Iran if they did want to develop a nuclear bomb, its seems they need one for deterrence, I can’t imagine what else they could do with it.
That said, it would be good if Iran did more to respect human rights, for its minorities (e.g. Bahais) and women’s rights and cooled the “death to America” “death to Israel” rhetoric.

UK Royal Marines have seized a super tanker carrying oil from Iran off the coast of Gibraltar. The UK says that it is enforcing US’s sanctions on Syria…

https://www.wsws.org/

4 Likes

I agree because the death to America and death to Israel rhetoric is exactly what the Amerikan, Fascists love to use to brainwash Americans.

1 Like

good old piracy.

3 Likes

at this point, Iran would be negligent if it didn’t develop a nuke or 10.

would get a few countries off their backs.

it’s a shame that our foreign policy actually rewards proliferation, but that’s the US for you.

2 Likes

I cant believe this. Trump ruined the deal that was keeping Iran in check, he purposefully sabotaged it driving Iran into the opposite position, he ans his filthy, low life zionist pig advisers have been war mongering and now the MSM is acting like Iran is the aggressor we better go after. WTF. It is really hard blaming it all on Trump when so many people and entities keep lying for him and doing his bidding. Fuck all these people. Im sick of the traitors and grifters running the shitshow that has become the United States.

1 Like

Britain’s ambassador in the United States has described President Donald Trump and his administration as “inept” and “uniquely dysfunctional” Ambassador Kim Darroch, one of Britain’s most experienced diplomats, said Trump’s presidency could “crash and burn” and “end in disgrace”
“We don’t really believe this administration is going to become substantially more normal; less dysfunctional; less unpredictable; less faction riven; less diplomatically clumsy and inept,” Darroch wrote

He wrote that the “vicious infighting and chaos” inside the White House – widely reported in the US but dismissed by Trump as “fake news” – was “mostly true”.

Darroch criticized foreign policy on Iran as “incoherent” and “chaotic. He said the president’s assertion that he called off retaliatory missile strikes against the Iranian regime after a US drone was shot down because it risked killing 150 Iranians “doesn’t stand up”. “It’s more likely that he was never fully on board and that he was worried about how this apparent reversal of his 2016 campaign promises would look come 2020,”

2 Likes

We really need to take this sort of thing a step further. Any way that any media might portray an “Iran’s Nuclear Deal Breach” would be false.

If you have a “deal,” your expectations of behavior by the other party have to be conditional. If you do not keep up your end of the deal, you cannot expect the opposite side to do so. In this case, the guild is redundant, obvious, and largely ignored even by Armbruster, who surely is not sympathetic to the American military buildup and ought to re-examine the language of groupthink here. The US has emphatically and redundantly violated its side of the agreement, and any discussion of accusations of a breach by Iran ought to involve a discussion of the breach by the United States of its agreement, and to discuss it as a breach and a unilateral breach.

The battleships are surrounding Iran, not the United States. Iran is not leading us into war nor pushing proliferation; the US government is.

4 Likes

Hi Emphyrio:
The major news media in America is a major FAIL The truth teller is Julian Assange, and see what has happened to him, and then looked what has happened to major media who published Julians work-----o right h nothing happened to them. And those guys want us too PAY to read their news. Their LACK of real news should be the biggest story of the year–

I would like to see them stretched out against a wall and tied there. Then people with little crossbows and darts tipped with things like stinging nettle or what have you, stick these ogres for months on end. Feed them and let them soil their pants while the wounds from the darts fester.
Then maybe a little waterboarding for sport?
So how does Iran breach a deal we already have cancelled?
And who is going to murder the first little old grandma and her grandchild?

You’re a good man Gandolf. Let go of those hateful feelings. They’ll eat you up and change you.

Somehow I got to reading an article on Canada’s CBC with the headline… “Iran increases uranium enrichment above limits set by 2015 nuclear deal”. Naturally it was biased and at no time did it mention the context of this headline and it’s relationship to reality.

I use articles like this each day to teach anyone who will listen about how all mainstream media follows these false narratives to demonize a particular person of country or organization. They are easy to dissect, they stick to a very strict formula, they always avoid straying from the narrative and they never have debates aired where a progressives and non-progressives candidate can square off in a fair and just forum.
What is particularly disturbing about this article is that it is printed in a publicly owned national media network that is OUTSIDE of the U.S., yet a Canadian owned media powerhouse follows U.S. propaganda to a tee. When I chimed in on their commentary section, and merely offered other pieces to the puzzle so as to show how the article was out of context, I was quickly censured and my comments were removed. The most peaceful opposition that the 99% has to offer in response to this right wing jingoism, are mainstream progressives. I’m referring to the traditional, western leftists that have never waivered from the two and most basic fundamental tenets of modern liberalism; social equity and social justice are the roots of any thriving liberal democracy (or at least they should be!). Yet no kind, progressive insights are ever offered to the mainstream audiences that incidentally encompass most of the world. When any article dealing with world diplomacy doesn’t offer a serious argument in how we can improve social equity either here or abroad and if justice is being served by such actions, then the article is incomplete.