Home | About | Donate

Media Were Already Running With Police Fantasy When Video Exploded It

Media Were Already Running With Police Fantasy When Video Exploded It

Adam Johnson

The New York Times (4/7/15) released a video of a black South Carolina man Walter Scott being shot, casually and without apparent mercy, eight times in the back by white police officer Michael T. Slager. The media’s outrage after the video’s publication was righteous and swift.

Should entities be held legally responsible when they act as PR for power? Should they be able to get away with "allegedly" this and "according to police" that? If they can't be made to suffer legal penalties for fellating the powerful, how can we coerce them into not doing it? They're owned by other members of the "power elite", after all.

When my eldest son, as a teenager, announced he wanted to go into broadcasting I felt like taking him outside and beating some sense into him. He did not, and now he can see msm's malfeasance as well as the rest of us.

Pimps for power, that is all they are. Gil Herron was right.

Groucho Marx must have had media in mind when he said "who are you going to believe , me or your own lying eyes"

The Media does not report the truth or the facts. They write down what they are directed to write down. The vast majority in the mainstream , which happens to be the very ones that same media gives "star status" to, are beneath contempt.

Sounds like you saved your son from being another presstituted, MSM whore! Like Jesse Ventura, who reports from Mexico, he would have to be " off the grid" if he wanted to report the truth.

"The Scott shooting, as Think Progress’s Judd Legum pointed out, provides unique insight into the way the police use inherent asymmetry of information to assert their narrative:"

Inasmuch as domestic policing constitutes a military presence at home, its extension into foreign lands in the form of U.S. martial forces makes use of precisely this same metric. How many "news" stories EVER show the innocence of citizens under imperial siege or caught in the crosshairs of planned and brutally executed foreign wars? All of them are based on geo-political advantages, the seizure of key natural resources, and/or sustaining the hegemony of the U.S. dollar (in global trade). But to the public--which counts on the information relayed from persons in positions to relay it--is always told that those who are gunned down deserved, warranted or required that fate. End of story.

Perhaps with the naked Mars-rules ethos exposing its raw brutality (and "ends justify its own means" rationale), citizens of The Homeland who have not yet considered connecting wider dots may recognize the inherent threat to so bloated a military industrial complex. This warning was presciently delivered 55 years ago by Eisenhower.

[repost from other thread, since it seems to be a better fit here]

The official story, from a Post and Courier report--prior to the release of the video:

"A statement released by North Charleston police spokesman Spencer Pryor said a man ran on foot from the traffic stop and an officer deployed his department-issued Taser in an attempt to stop him. That did not work, police said, and an altercation ensued as the men struggled over the device. Police allege that during the struggle the man gained control of the Taser and attempted to use it against the officer. The officer then resorted to his service weapon and shot him, police alleged. It was not immediately clear how many times Scott had been shot or where on his body he was wounded. Officers tried to revive him prior to the arrival of paramedics, police said. But their efforts were in vain."

Later:

"A North Charleston police officer felt threatened last weekend when the driver he had stopped for a broken brake light tried to overpower him and take his Taser. That’s why Patrolman 1st Class Michael Thomas Slager, a former Coast Guardsman, fatally shot the man, the officer’s attorney said Monday.
Slager thinks he properly followed all procedures and policies before resorting to deadly force, lawyer David Aylor said in a statement. “This is a very tragic event for all of the families,” Aylor said. “I believe once the community hears all the facts of this shooting, they’ll have a better understanding of the circumstances surrounding this investigation.”"

Aylor withdrew as Slager's attorney after the release of the video.

Regarding a previous complaint report in Slager's record:

"Slager went to the man’s Delaware Avenue home in September 2013 to investigate a burglary. When the resident opened the door for Slager, the burglary victim yelled that he wasn’t the suspect, the documents stated.
The man also insisted that he wasn’t the perpetrator, but he later told internal investigators that Slager threatened to use a Taser against him if he didn’t come outside. When the man followed the order and stepped outside, he said Slager “Tased (him) for no reason and ... slammed him and dragged him.”
But another officer there said Slager had been forced to use the device during a struggle. The investigators exonerated Slager of wrongdoing."

Which highlights a point I think needs underscoring. While supine media cooperation and stenography may be disgusting and despicable, the cooperation and coordination of other police in concealing crimes should at least count as criminal accessory after the fact, if not racketeering and criminal conspiracy. So long as officers who cover for other officers are insulated from accountability, the only message that convicting Slager will send is; don't get caught. Leave no witnesses, no video, and no evidence which can contradict your story.

My sentiments exactly! Only fools believe everything they see, hear or read, from almost all media outlets, throughout the world. Indeed, propaganda has sadly become the norm.

Wow... I'll be watching for news of the firing and prosecution of the murderer's accomplices. Not holding my breath or anything, but if they were really interested in justice... And how long will it be before some enterprising independent journalist starts interviewing people from Slager's past cases? Has he killed before? Maybe the reason they fired him so fast was they knew they should have fired him years ago.