Home | About | Donate

Medicare for All Advocates Slam Bipartisan Healthcare Initiative Poised to Kill Single-Payer Efforts

Medicare for All Advocates Slam Bipartisan Healthcare Initiative Poised to Kill Single-Payer Efforts

Julia Conley, staff writer

Medicare for All advocates on Wednesday denounced a new healthcare initiative introduced by a bipartisan group of former lawmakers, health policy administrators, and healthcare sector CEOs.

“United States of Care”—the almost seamless continuation of the Obama/Romney/Heritagecare obstruction of the public will.

Edited for clarity and truth: _The Factitious United States of “Care”: Care of Corporate Profits over People’ Health.

Healthcare over politics of the Duopoly but still for private profits.

The biggest obstacle to MFA? The “never, ever” Democrats.

Quoting:

" The United States of Care puts forth three guiding principles for a healthcare plan for the U.S., writing that every American should be provided, an “affordable source of care,” “protection from financial devastation,” and a program with “political and economic viability.” "

To translate their third point from the language of political bullshit into its actual meaning:

A program that “does not harm the blood-sucking “health care” profiteers of the looting class.”

What’s not missed here is the weighing in by the supreme sh*theels Bezos, Buffett and Dimon with their "plan."
Note that even though he’s no longer in charge of Medicare and ostensibly can speak freely, Slavitt remains opposed to single-payer.

America you have a choice. A corporate fascist government or single payer healthcare. You cannot and will not have both. They are mutually exclusive…

and I believe every member of Congress should be forced to use this new “affordable, ‘basic’ care”

We all know what this means. It’s bare bones health care for those that well really don’t deserve any better. Don’t be fooled. Until the entire country has equal, universal health care people will continue to suffer, die, go bankrupt etc just trying to stay healthy.

“The two real political parties in America are the Winners and the Losers. The people don’t acknowledge this. They claim membership in two imaginary parties, the Republicans and the Democrats, instead.”
―Kurt Vonnegut

And

means “we’ll leave your last buck 50 alone.”

There are still far too many good 'mericans that believe that to abandon our failing privatized medical system would be an admission that the American Dream is bullshit.
It is.

A plan by a small group of really smart people to fool a nation full of really stupid people.
Rinse, repeat.

At the risk of preaching to the choir, anyone who says universal single payer healthcare is unfeasible is an asshole.
I hope that didn’t sound too preachie…

But only that buck fifty you get from your tax cut windfall…

God how I miss Vonnegut. I read Breakfast of Champions in its first printing when I was just a kid. My dad read Slaughterhouse Five, The Children’s Crusade: A Duty Dance with Death to me and my sisters when we were all just kids. I know why Veteran’s Day is bullshit and Armistice Day is sacred!

Your post alludes to another great comment made awhile back…“You can have massive concentration of wealth, or you can have democracy, but you can’t have both.” SCCJ Louis Brandeis

United States of Care = to quote an old phrase, “Lipstick on a pig.”

I just happened across this AMAZING convergence of thoughts!

THIS WAS WRITTEN 5 Feb 2017 - ONE YEAR AGO TO THE DAY! lol

Ralph Nader Urges Senator Sanders to Champion NIMA (National Improved Medicare for All) Now:

Open Letter To Senator Bernie Sanders
Dear Senator Sanders:

I hear that you will be debating Senator Ted Cruz next Tuesday on CNN in prime time where you will seek to defend Obamacare against Republican assault.

You have said in the past that “I don’t believe in Obamacare” and that Obamacare is “a good Republican program.” So, I’m not sure why you continue to defend it.

As you know, under Obamacare, tens of millions remain uninsured or underinsured.

Deductibles are expanding and networks are narrowing – not to mention numbing complexities, higher co-pays and higher premiums.

In 2013, you introduced a single payer bill in the Senate (S. 1782) – with no co-sponsors.

Throughout the 2016 campaign, you powerfully made the case all over the country before massive audiences for a more efficient single payer Medicare for All – without deductibles, co-pays, premiums – plus free choice of doctor and hospital.

But you have reportedly decided not to introduce or push for single payer in the Congress this year.

Your health policy adviser has privately told some single payer activists you will not introduce a single payer bill into the Senate this year because the Democratic leadership believes that such a bill will get in the way of electing a Democratic Senate in 2018.

Even without the Democratic Party or the labor unions making a major public educational push, a December 2015 national Kaiser public opinion poll found that 58 percent of adults in the US supported single payer – including 81 percent of Democrats, 60 percent of Independents, and 30 percent of Republicans.

I urge you to drop your defensive stance and introduce the equivalent of HR 676 – the gold standard single payer bill in the House of Representatives (with 56 co-sponsors so far) – into the Senate this week and come out swinging for the bill next week.

How many of your millions of supporters would not want you to do this?

Onward to Single Payer Medicare for All.

Sincerely,

Ralph Nader

Thank you. Exactly right and that basic health care will cost the same price as the old health care only less healthcare. It will all be billed on the basis of “medical necessity”. (which is really scary when you start hearing what is not medically necessary) (that is if you actually know what a medically necessity is)

It’s OK to ignore the people who want Medicare for all when looking at options. They just have opinions, like anyone else, and this non profit idea is valid competition. The idea deserves a fair hearing and maybe a try, instead of being written off for political reasons such as complicating the argument for something else.