Home | About | Donate

Medicare for All Has Been Embraced by 2020 Democrats for One Key Reason: Bernie Sanders

Medicare for All Has Been Embraced by 2020 Democrats for One Key Reason: Bernie Sanders

Cristina Tzintzun

When all is said and done, there may be as many as two dozen Democratic hopefuls for the 2020 presidential nomination. But nearly all of them will have one thing in common: they'll be trumpeting one of Bernie Sanders' signature causes - upending our healthcare system in favour of a single payer system. We progressives call it, Medicare for All.

For all the “conservative” Bible-toting people who remain willfully ignorant and ever tuned to Faux News (think cross of gold wrapped in a flag), consider Matthew 25:40: “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’” Medicare For ALL, Now!

If a d-party corporate hack runs on a platform of pre-compromising away true, improved MFA, shun that hack in the harshest of terms.

Again: It is not Medicare For All but Expanded, Improved Medicare For All a.k.a. National Improved Medicare For All and based on the former HR 676: No co-pays, no deductibles, no premiums but a tax we all pay based on our income and vastly less expensive than what we have. It will cover eye and dental too.

When we pool our money together into one national plan (a.k.a. single-payer paying all healthcare) everyone is covered and far cheaper than what it costs in the current system that seeks to make a profit at all costs by denying care and making it so expensive that many people who need care don’t use it, many still don’t have insurance because they cannot afford it.

Tzintzun sez:
“And Beto O’Rourke has said, ‘Medicare for All is the best way to get people covered’.”

Haha. Beto O’bama, is more like it.
Read that quote again and tell us where he vows to work or fight for anything.

This author at least gives credit where credit is due. Sanders plowed ahead despite a party wide betrayal and a backlash from centrist conservative ‘do nothing Dems’ who do all in their power to avoid having the Democratic Party being too closely allied with the people’s wishes instead of that of well heeled corporate interests.

Sadly despite the obvious popularity of the hard working Sanders even progressive leaning Dems (much less the corporate centrists) willingly divide rather than conquer. Sanders did the work that brought progressive values into the mainstream but instead of the Dems recognizing him as the people’s choice yet again, the progressive and progressivish have flooded the field rather than unite in support of the undoubtedly progressive front runner.

The Repubs managed to get a guy elected that was the most unpopular candidate and in return the Dems seem hell bent on not electing the most popular candidate.

Meanwhile Sanders would actually make this country great again and return it to the people … of, for and by!

Yes we know you Canadians are LYAO :]]

That will be my guide. No half measures for this voter.