Home | About | Donate

Medicare Is Best Way to Cover the Millions of Americans Whose Health Insurance Has Been Taken Away

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2020/05/20/medicare-best-way-cover-millions-americans-whose-health-insurance-has-been-taken

Yes, Pelosi leads the charge to funnel money into the insurance industry that has lobbied both sides of the aisle for decades. No surprise in that. Medicare is the fiscally responsible and the most compassionate option on the table, of that there can be no doubt. Medicare for all.
BRING BACK BERNIE 2020!

6 Likes

it’s not the best way for employers to terrorize us peasants into working crappy jobs in order to retain what measly care we get.

the last thing capital wants is an independent and emancipated labor force. so you’re not getting it. please pass this note around to every dunderhead liberal you knpw until they finally figure out that there will be no casual or easy reforming of this system. it’s working the way the masters want it to. they want change? pick up a pitchfork, like everyone else has to. otherwise, shut up already.

4 Likes

We have the worst candidate we could have in place (courtesy DNC, dem establishment, corporations) with Joe Biden.

M4All should be a NON issue at this point after covid stripped away the veil allowing the full reveal of greed in this country which includes the murderous health care system.

All democrats should be rallying around this---- forcefully united---- and oust trump in November. But no, we have the demented, egocentric, likely sexual predator Joe Biden who is clearly against all that we need now in this country.

Is there anyway out of this f—ing nightmare given we had Biden shoved down our throats?

They won’t “bring back Bernie 2020”. I don’t think Bernie would come back either.

How much is Biden getting right now from the insurance industry and Pharma?
Does anyone know?

These are the facts that were clear going into the election as outlined last July
(h)ttp://inthesetimes.com/article/21984/medicare-for-all-money-2020-biden-buttigieg-harris-sanders-warren

JULY 30, 2019

Biden, Buttigieg and Harris Rewarded by Industry for Waffling on Medicare for All

Sanders and Warren voiced unequivocal support for single-payer. Health insurance and pharma execs showered money on their opponents.

OpenSecrets’ research shows that of the candidates polling in the top five (Biden, Sanders, Warren, Harris, and Buttigieg), Biden has received the most money from health insurance and pharma employees, and Sanders has received the least. At $97,453, Joe Biden accepted almost three times more money than Bernie Sanders ($36,728). Pete Buttigieg, a close runner-up, received $93,954. Harris took home around 1.5 times more money than Sanders, at $55,359. Warren accepted $43,680, less than 1.2 times more than Sanders.

You’re right about the “shut up” already. Ranting and saying the same things over and over again (as I just did above!) isn’t going to do anything. I don’t have a pitchfork and wouldn’t know where to take it or what to do with it if I did.

I used to be great at mucking horse stalls with one!

Suggestions?

2 Likes

Simple solutions are not the reason they bought off our government.

But don’t worry… Biden will fix it.

…crickets…crickets… crickets.

1 Like

The Pelosi Trump axis of evil: Jimmy Dore and Dylan Ratigan.
-ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doNxe8M-xWo

Peace
Po

If elected, Joke ByeDone (R-Visa) will get right on that. Oh…wait a minute…

1 Like

We had our chance in 2004 but we sat at home and went for DLC Dean instead.

Then we had another chance in 2008 but we sat at home and went for Hopey Changey instead.

What will it take for us to learn?