Home | About | Donate

Meet the “People’s Action 22”: Candidates Fighting For All Of Us

Meet the “People’s Action 22”: Candidates Fighting For All Of Us

LeeAnn Hall, George Goehl

In the final weeks of a dispiriting presidential election, hope is on the horizon – and it’s down-ballot. That’s where you will find more and more everyday people deciding to challenge neoliberal politics and build a bottom-up movement that fights for fairness in our economy and democracy for all people.

We are proud to announce the first slate of progressive candidates endorsed by People’s Action, a national organization of more than a million people in affiliated groups across 29 states.

I checked the party affiliation of the 22 endorsed candidates. All the candidates (20) who had a listed party affiliation were Democrats.

Of the two candidates who had no party identification I could find, one, Lauren Freedman, was endorsed by the Democratic Party, the other, Denise Lopez, showed nothing.

So, it looks as if People's Action, when looking throughout the entire United States, couldn't find a single progressive candidate who identified as something other than a Democrat.

Just Dems.

So I went to the People's Action Facebook page. Found this:

"There are many reasons to get out and vote, especially this year with big issues and interests at stake. While we have big differences with Hillary Clinton on many issues, Donald Trump is dangerous. Just look at the way he casually discusses using nuclear weapons."

People's Action looks like a Democratic astro-turf group designed to get progressives to vote for Dems.

I'm not saying there aren't progressive Dems. Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard and Senator Jeff Merkley are two good examples.

As a matter of fact, Tulsi is running in this election. She's got powerful progressive credentials.

Odd that she isn't endorsed by People's Action.

But then she endorsed Sanders, not Clinton.

And her being skipped by People's Action is the final nail in their coffin for me.

Vote Sane: Vote Green.

ON EDIT: Here's Tulsi's website - https://www.votetulsi.com/