Home | About | Donate

Megachurch Pastor Says Trump Has God's Approval to Start Nuclear War

Someone with whom I converse on Facebook suggested we use the title “Christianist” for those like Jeffress who claim Christianity without following Christ. Unfortunately, Jeffress and his kin do not recognize any authority of Pope Francis, but Jeffress is under some kind of discipline of the Southern Baptist Convention. We could start demanding that they exercise it.

As for History it is a matter of interpretation . So what History we know becomes a bit of myth making or various narrative strains.
To the Pilgrims and Puritans et al the Americas were uncivilized and occupied by unworthy groups of peoples who were not civilized or had only a semblance of humanity but were of a lower order.
These tribal peoples were not Christian and were seen as demonic creatures or at least lesser beings whom the settlers could exterminate which over five centuries they did ‘til all that is left is a remnant. The Europeans believed that it was a matter of providence that they set up a City on the Hill ( see Wordy Shipmates by Sarah Vowell , Terror and Civilization by Shadia Drury , Kingdom Coming : The Rise of Christian Nationalism by Michelle Goldberg, American Taliban by Markos Moulitsas, America’s Deadliest Export by William Blum, American Apocalypse by Matthew Avery Sutton , Dark Crusade: Christian Zionism and US foreign Policy by Clifford A. Kiracofe, God’s Own Party : The Making of The Christian Right by Daniel K. Williams, One Nation Under God : How Corporate America Invented Christian America by Kevin M. Kruse, Hijacking America: How The Religious Right And Secular Right Changed What Americans Think by Susan George , Inventing A Christian America : The Myth of the Religious Founding by Steven K. Green , Under God by Garry Wills , One Nation Under Gods by Peter Manseau , An Indigenous Peopls’ History of the United States by Roxanne Dunbar-Ortiz , Listen Liberal by Thomas Frank , Dog Whistle Politics by Ian Haney Lopez , and Marci MacDonald’s The Armageddon Factor : Rise of Christian Nationalism in Canada see also Christian Fascists by Chris Hedges and his other books, also see works.d of Matt Taibbi , Glenn Greenwald, Andrew Bacevitch , Paul Craig Roberts, Seymour Hersh )
The first settlers and later politicians again and again including Reagan , Kennedy, Bush, Obama , Hillary , Trump refer to the USA as the Exceptional Nation chosen by Providence/destiny or God or as the Indispensable Nation which is basically the same thing. If Canada or Russia or any other country talked that way the US would deem the leader as insane and an existential threat. It is time for the USA to join the world as just one of many nations not the superior one that can intervene and invade other sovereign nations before the USA finally brings about Nuclear annihilation . But many American Christians would see such an outcome of Armageddon as merely Manifest Destiny or God’s will. This is a matter of better defining the American psyche and America’s MetaHistory or MetaNarrative. The main opposition to Trump was not over his overt racism or xenophobia or sexism , homophobia etc but what the Deep State and the supposedly Liberal Media and pundits is to do with Trump’s earlier notion of non-interventionism and the end of unnecessary wars and this pissed off the establishment including the DNC, Hillary Clinton and Rachel Maddow. Because they still believe contrary to all facts that the US is number one in everything . It is only No. 1 in military capability not in education, health care , poverty, nutrition, racism , social and economic equality . Since the Clinton era the USA has become a racist Apartheid State just like it was for the most part prior to the LBJ civil rights legislation which has been mainly overturned with the excuse of the war on Crime , war on drugs and Mass Incarceration and militarized Killer Cops see No DAPL and the use of counter terrorism strategies by Obama, DHS and FBI and private mercenaries also see Occupy and Black Lives Matter being crushed by Pres. Obama et al.

For more on the History of the USA see Gord’s Notebook Bibliography : http://gordsnotebook.blogspot.ca/p/usa-1900-2012.html#.WYyNJ1F9670

and Theocracy/Dominionism

and my pages On the Religious Right:

Religious Right

Rousas Rushdoony has been one of the major though rarely mentioned influences on the Evangelical Christian (Right) (Dominionism) over the last forty years or so.

Many Evangelical and Christian Right leaders who have read Rushdoony’s books and listen to his lectures though influenced by him tend to obscure the fact since Rushdoony’s writings and those of his followers such as Gary DeMar, Gary North , Ralph Reed, Greg Bahnsen, Keith A. Mathison etc.
Others influenced by Rushdoony include some who deny any connection to him or his theology include Pat Robertson CBN, James Kennedy of Coral Ridge Ministries etc.

The Christian theologists who proclaim the Seven Mountains Prophecy and The Coming Elijah Revolution or the Harvest Movements. International House of Prayer are also greatly influenced by the works of Rushdoony such as Lou Engle, James W. Goll , Johnny Enlow , Lance Wallnau , C. Peter Wagner, Bob Weiner (Most of whom now support the platform of President Donald Trump

"…Uploaded on 6 May 2011
Moyers: You’ve written that the Bible calls for the death penalty, and I’m just running down a variety of things as you can see. You’ve written that the Bible calls for the death penalty of some 15 crimes: rape, sodomy, adultery.

Rushdoony: Adultery because in the Bible the basic institution is the family. There’s no law of treason against the state. The Bible doesn’t even imagine anything remotely like that. But the basic institution is the family. And so, several of the death penalties are associated with the family and its life.

Moyers: So adultery was considered a theft of the family.

Rushdoony: It was, yes, it was treason to the family.

Moyers: Homosexuality.

Rushdoony: Yes, it was treason to the family.

Moyers: Worthy of the death sentence?

Rushdoony: What?

Moyers: Worthy of the death sentence?.

Rushdoony: Yes.

Moyers: Deserving of the death sentence?

Rushdoony: Yes, that’s what Paul says.

Moyers: But you would re-instate the death penalty for some of these or all of these Biblical crimes?

Rushdoony: I wouldn’t—

Moyers: But the reconstructive society–

Rushdoony: I’m saying that this is what God requires. I’m not saying that everything in the Bible, I like. Some of it rubs me the wrong way. But I’m simply saying, this is what God requires. This is what God says is justice. Therefore, I don’t feel I have a choice.

Moyers: And the agents of God would carry out the laws.

Rushdoony: The civil government would, on these things.

Moyers: So you would have a civil government, based upon–

Rushdoony: Oh yes. I’m not an anarchist. I’m close to being a libertarian. But–

Moyers: But the civil law would be based on the biblical law. And so you’d have a civil government carrying out a religious mandate.

Rushdoony: Oh yes…"
"So let us be blunt about it: we must use the doctrine of religious liberty to gain independence for Christian schools until we train up a generation of people who know that there is no religious neutrality, no neutral law, no neutral education, and no neutral civil government. Then they will get busy in constructing a Bible-based social, political and religious order which finally denies the religious liberty of the enemies of God."
Quote by Gary North ( Reconstructionist)
"This is our government. They (the secular humanists) stole it. And we’re coming to take it back."
Above quote by Oliver North ( Iran/Contra scandal-right-wing hero Only Following Orders)

"What Christians have got to do is to take back this country,one precinct at a time, one neighborhood at a time and one state at a time … I honestly believe that in my lifetime wewill see a country once again governed by Christians … and Christian values."
Quote from Ralph Reed (Religious News Service, May 15, 1990)RALPH REED (Executive director of the Christian Coalition)

"In winning a nation to the gospel, the sword as well as the pen must be used."
R.J. Rushdooney

And as Randall Terry leader of the anti-abortion movement explains below that those who agree with him must become more militant and filled with hate to achieve their ultimate goal of Dominion.
"I want you to just let a wave of intolerance wash over you.I want you to let a wave of hatred wash over you. Yes, hate is good … Our goal is a Christian nation. We have a biblical duty, we are called by God to conquer this country. We don’t want equal time. We don’t want pluralism."
Quote from: [TheNews-Sentinel (Fort Wayne, Indiana), August 16, 1993]RANDALL TERRY (Founder of Operation Rescue and a close friend of the Catholic Archbishops of New York and Philadelphia)

One of my favorite books caught my eye, but it’s not very relevant to the current topic, and you can’t make a case that all of these agree or would accept your one-liner amalgamations of the story and attitudes. History just isn’t that simple, and in fact the nuances are teased out by comparing the many writers (and by not letting anyone else set your syllabus).

One of my ancestors (well, actually 3, but his parents didn’t survive the first winter) arrived on THE Mayflower and lived into his 80s, dying in Vowell’s subject Mass Bay Colony, Scituate. And my shame is that he left his son (2nd child, my female ancestor being his first-born) “an Indian named Joel.”

Tell me something I don’t already have flowing through my veins.

The book, Hiroshima by John Hershey, in used condition may be purchased here: https://www.abebooks.com/Hiroshima-John-Hersey-Knopf/22173591668/bd

And the difference from Sharia Law is ? ? ?

“It’s an eye for an eye, and a toe for a toe . . .
 Go, Hammurabi — Go, Baby, Go!!”

Oh it is far longer than 3 decades. The fight against evolution has been strong with them since Darwin and others came forward with the theory of evolution. The people still celebrate the Scopes trial where evolution lost. They have had a statue of william jennings byran there since. Just recently someone put up a statute of clarence darrow and the town freaked out. That town was proud to be chosen as the site for the trial and use it as a condemnation of science.

Thanks, Sea…… I’m not sure this is the book, but I wrote the seller. This sell page says the publication date was 1985…… I’m pretty sure the book the I’m talking about is one I saw when I was a teenager and still lived in my parents’ home.

There isn’t a difference which I bring up to people like this. I follow a conservative site that talks about how this is a christian nation and only christians should govern or live here. They don’t get the irony that what they say is just what ISIS says in wanting to establish a caliphate.
When you tell them that they are full of hate towards others, they spew their hate back and say it is you who hates. No recognition, no admitting the truth about themselves.

Hi Toni,
*Ive been trying to write you as I wanted to tell you about another book. I was going to try to write a short review for you, but I can’t do it. It brings too much back.
*The book is titled:
AMERICAN GROUND ZERO
THE SECRET NUCLEAR WAR

*An American photojournalist named Carol Gallagher heard of the nuclear testing being done in Nevada and heard some of the problems that people had with the fallout, the radiation, and she decided to do a photojournalist book on the subject. It’s a big book it’s what you call coffee table size and it is 427 pages. Below is the flyleaf description, I can’t write anymore, too upset yet again, but I recommend the book as it really puts our government duplicity out in the open.

*American Ground Zero is the extraordinary product of one photojournalist’s decade-long commitment, a gripping, courageous collection of portraits and interviews of those whose lives were crossed by radioactive fallout.
*For 12 years beginning in 1951, the United States government conducted aboveground testing of nuclear weapons in the deserts of Nevada. For more than four decades it has tried to cover up the human and environmental devastation wrought by this testing. In American Ground Zero, Carol Gallagher has penetrated the veil of official secrecy and anonymity to document the incredible story of the Americans whose misfortune it was to live downwind of the nuclear detonations – those citizens described in a top-secret Atomic Energy Commission memo as “a low use segment of the population” – and of civilian workers and military personnel exposed to radiation at the Nevada test site.
*The above ground nuclear testing was “the most prodigiously reckless program of scientific experimentation in United States history” as Keith Schneider notes in his forward to the book. Many of its 126 fallout clouds floated across the American West and eastward with radiation levels comparable to those released at Chernobyl. Yet residents of the downwind areas were consistently told that there was no danger, and were even encouraged to “participate in a moment of history” by coming out to watch these fallout clouds drifting over their homes.
*Abandoning her career as a successful New York photographer Carol Gallagher moved to Utah in 1983 and spent the next seven years networking among the radiation survivors groups and finding people willing to be photographed and tell their story. She covered six downwind states in all including test site workers and atomic veterans. The result is a striking gallery of the undecorated casualties of an entire undeclared war. Never exploitative, Gallagher’s photographs only rarely convey the subject’s considerable physical sufferings. Instead they invite the viewer to witness the beauty and value of these extraordinary lives. Carol Gallagher is a photographer whose work is been shown in galleries and museums around the world. She’s currently living in New York City. Keith Snyder author of the forward is the national environmental correspondent for the New York Times specializing in the ecological costs of military development during the Cold War. The book was printed by MIT Press, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge Massachusetts, 02142.
*The copyright is 1993, by the way.
*I hope many people will read this and perhaps read the book. A real eyeopener.
;-})

Wow! Thanks, Steve. I HAD heard about that testing and had time to repress a lot of the info. I don’t think I’d heard of the book. The disillusionment about this wonderful, great, democratic experiment, land of the free, home of the brave…each decade of my life, I thought I’d hit rock bottom…but the lies and hypocrisy and toxic secrets are the gift that keeps on giving…:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I’ll try to get that book.

Sorry, Donald. God is not a branch of the United States Government.

Try Bookfinder.com, there are a number of copies available.
;-})

So is this god salesman planning to be out in front of the troops charging through the nuke dead zone to kill his enemies, or is he going to be far in the back waving a flag and cheering them on? On the other hand, he is for sure proving the point that religion is the root of all evil.

We all know God loves Americans the best. Duh.

That is fascinating, although too horrible for me to contemplate a book like that in these dark times. I thank you for educating me by at least telling some of the story. I also hope that many people will read and be informed of this history, before it is too late.

Wow just…Wow!:open_mouth: