Home | About | Donate

Merging 'Loyalty to the Oil Industry' and 'Grudge Against California,' Trump Opens 725,000 Acres to Fossil Fuel Drilling

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/10/05/merging-loyalty-oil-industry-and-grudge-against-california-trump-opens-725000-acres

3 Likes

BLM is a literally a corrupt frat party worthy of Bluto Blutarsky.

6 Likes

Y’know, I’ve reached a point where I don’t give a DAMN about the political implications of impeachment: THAT BASS TURD HAS TO GO!!!

12 Likes

I’m pretty sure Trump and the repubs are trying to kill as many people as possible. That’s there solution (their “final solution”) to the climate crisis, with the assumption that somehow they’ll make it through. Ain’t the way it works though.

6 Likes

Anybody surprised about this? I’m thinking this has a LOT to do with the monsters grudge against the state, and , people of California, speaking of grudges, trump IS the “Grudge Fuck” we have all heard about, now installed, not voted into, the White House! Things are probably going to get much worse as the criminal is feeling cornered. Prepare for the worst, hope for the best, and expect nothing!

7 Likes

He is and always has been a petty tyrant. This action is totally in keeping with his adolescent mentality and a total lack of morality or integrity. I agree with Carl - Trump has to go NOW. His ability and intention to wreak havoc wherever he goes has become vicious and vindictive.

9 Likes

*When the last tree has been cut down, the last fish caught, the last river poisoned, only then will we realize that one cannot eat money."

11 Likes

Some Californians want to secede from the Union. This could be the spark for another Civil War.

1 Like

No need for conflict; We just join Oregon and Washington state and become our own country.

California secession talk is increasing.
Immediately, not having to pay half of federal taxes to the military cuts our taxes in half. Not halving to pay federal taxes to support the unsustainable Red States reduces them further. But the biggie is not having to share a country with millions who are not sufficiently troubled by Kids In Cages to initiate behaving like they live in a democracy.

12 Likes

President Caligula is a fan of Hitler. Remember that when Hitler realized it was over, he started a scorched Earth program that would leave not only the Allies with nothing they could use, but the German people as well. Caligula and his minions will do the same

8 Likes

The fascists have labeled Washington, Oregon, and California: " the left coast " maybe it should be called: the left the union coast!

10 Likes

We have to boot this asshole out of the WH ASAP before he gives away our national forests ocean shores and BLM lands to oil and gas conglomerates.

7 Likes

Simple edit to the headline:

“Merging the Oil Industry and California, Trump opens 725,000 Acres to Fossil Fuel Drilling”

1 Like

It doesn’t need to be “the last” our rivers are already poisoned, fish gone extinct, ocean higher temperatures causing threatening all ocean life.

1 Like

No worries: I call Republican led places “The Shitzone”.

HEY! Do not bad-mouth Bluto or the Delta’s! The correct frat reference should rightly be the neo-nazi Neidermeyer and the Omega’s, not Bluto!

1 Like

Republicans and Democrats are the SAME here just as the Liberals and Conservatives here in Canada are when it comes to promoting more oil and gas production.

https://www.offshoresource.com/news/regulatory/obama-administration-announces-21-million-acre-oil-and-gas-lease-sale-offshore-texas

In this video Obama boasts of increasing oil and gas production and opening Public lands to Oil and gas. Let us not pretend Trump started this. In this video Obama talks about producing MORE oil to ensure Americans can afford more oil and gas.

7 Likes

I do not think that the people in California will allow this. People will probably die trying and on both sides too as the oilers and frackers attack pristine lands. I am sad to think of so many dead people—people who will die due to Trumps stupidity and greed and people who will die in California when the air and water and soil is ruined forever. YOU cannot ruin your own nation, Mr. trump and expect the nation to last. I hope that you choke to death on your next hamburger. : (

5 Likes

The BLM has been captured by industry, whether it’s fossil fuels or cattle.

“This Land” by Chris Ketchum about public lands in the west is a pretty good book about how our public lands have been/are being destroyed by capitalism and dominionist religious beliefs among other things.

5 Likes

Sounds like it’s time for California to begin Taxing the Oil companies for Every Single Drop of oil they pump out of California.

7 Likes