Home | About | Donate

"Might As Well Hang 'Kick Me' Signs Around Their Necks': Instead of Trump Impeachment, House Dems Adjourn

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2021/01/07/might-well-hang-kick-me-signs-around-their-necks-instead-trump-impeachment-house

6 Likes

We must reach across the aisle. embrace each other .,work together :rofl: sarcasm I’m wondering which side of the aisle Pelosi stands?

20 Likes

The Week 's Ryan Cooper [tweeted] that Hoyer, Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), Majority Whip Jim Clyburn (D-S.C.) “might as well hang ‘kick me’ signs around their necks.”

An appropriate term for PayGo Pelosi, Hoyer, and SellOut Clyburn is collaborator.

15 Likes

But be sure to have the bandages ready for the wounds from the stabs in your backs.

4 Likes

The empire side.

9 Likes

Well fucking shit. A bunch of weak ass cowards and they all should resign right now. What does it take for them to find their spines and actually act in the interests of the People? Maybe if one of the dem ‘leaders’ had gotten shot, they would have acted. Or maybe not. Let bygones be bygones.

Every congress person who proclaims to be a Progressive fighter for the People needs to quit the Dem Party today! If not now, when?

I have been sliding from one side of the fence to the other since 2016 concerning trying to reform the Dem Party. I just jumped off that fence for good after this spineless, cowardly action. FUCK THE DEMS!

17 Likes

We must reach across the aisle after all… they are our war friends too!

2 Likes

Democrats are pathetic, worthless tools of the oligarchy. Democratic leadership would fold rather than fight against this Nazi white supremacist coup.

I’m glad someone stormed the Capitol, I just wished it wasn’t these Nazi Fascists. The 99% has had quite enough of these criminals in the USGOV. Sadly, there is no one standing up in a real way and leading a General Strike or organizing for the PEOPLE. Nope, the Dems/progressives only care about getting into office and then they throw the people under the bus!

Bernie and the squad really have no courage in their supposed conviction or they would have organized a full general strike months ago. No they could only organize to get behind Racist Rapist Imperialist Wall Street Whore Republican the BIDEN/HARRIS B.S.

The Justice Dems and Squad and Bernie are protecting their party rather than protecting the people. SHAME! SHAME! SHAME! SHAME!

#ForceTheVote showed the people who these #fauxgressives really are and who they work for. They only work for the party and the party only works for the Oligarchy!

#FraudSqaud

16 Likes

Yeah, well, they have been working very hard, and need a break, and all that bull shit.

Pelosi stands where ever she need to for Power, Privilege, and Profit.

She’s a prostitute for the plutocracy.

She throws the people under the bus all day long to get her scoops of ice-cream.

15 Likes

Gee, what a BIG surprise!!  P’Loser (and O’Bummer) let Cheney, Haspel, Prince and Yoo – along with several dozen other War Criminals – off the hook in 2009, so why not let several hundred seditionists and traitors off
the hook today — including DOMESTIC ENEMY #1, Donald J. Trump.

8 Likes

I’m reading this from a news feed - it may be that the plan is to have the republicans themselves remove Trump by invoking the 25th:

Trump’s cabinet is reportedly discussing the 25th Amendment to remove him from office after the Capitol riots

~https://ca.news.yahoo.com/trumps-cabinet-reportedly-discussing-25th-035028239.html

6 Likes

Here’s another issue
Just don’ seat them

14th Amendment Section 3

Section 3.

No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any state, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any state legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any state, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

16 Likes

Biden and the Democrats are all complicit with the Fascist in the White House.

The Rule of Law does not apply to the fucking complicit hypocrite Democratic elite.

Aren’t you proud of your party Registered Democrats?

5 Likes

Yes, the DimWit-Rats have to give the 'Poop-Lickans a way to save face and maintain the right wing of the Duopoly, otherwise the soiled tail-feathers won’t have a good excuse for not fulfilling their promises to the suckers who voted
for them.

4 Likes

Get ready for more craven complicit cowardice and “looking forward” deceit from the Chuck & Nancy show. The Democratic Corporate Party (wholly-owned neoliberal subsidiary) is an enabler and co-conspirator to the subversion of our Republic by great wealth in few hands that never met a campaign contributor they wouldn’t bend-over for - led in line by Chuck & Nancy as the soothing voices of corruption, the war-machine, predatory capitalism, corporations are people, money equals free speech, and Joe Manchin as foil to screw the public and keep the status-quo well-oiled and running!

11 Likes

Frankly, I think Trump’s presidency ended last night. He is reportedly remaining alone much of the time with occasional ranting; and some/many staff are avoiding him. Close aides are resigning or thinking about it. The national security advisor was going to quit last night but decided to stay on as he thought it would be bad for national security. He’s right someone has to put a leash on POTUS. Evidently El Duce has little or no authority left. I am sure the Pentagon is going to consider any aggression he orders as an illegal order. This has already been implied numerous times.

5 Likes

WTF!

What more can be said?

3 Likes

Always, always, always, afraid to do the right thing! They’ve come to actually enjoy living and wallowing in the swamp even though it’s become a cesspool of their own making, you know, home.

And what the fuck Pelosi, keep your religious BS beliefs to yourself. Ain’t no God in the House of sin. Just a bunch of power hungry Wall Street junkies.

9 Likes

Matt Pottinger, the Deputy National Security Advisor, has already resigned. I am reading “Rage” by Bob Woodward, and according to the introductory chapters, Matt Pottinger and O’Brien concurred in advising Trump that Covid 19 would be the number one security threat facing his presidency - this early on in the spread of the virus.

Of special note - Matt Pottinger is a former United States Marine intelligence officer.
@ReconFire