Home | About | Donate

Mike Pence Isn't 'Decent.' He's Insidious

Mike Pence Isn't 'Decent.' He's Insidious

Cynthia Nixon

Speaking at a forum in Omaha on Thursday, Joe Biden called Vice President Pence "a decent guy."

4 Likes

Mike Pence has all of the ‘decency’ of the Bible.
Enough said.
–Someone who actually has read a lot of it.

9 Likes

no one who supports the sexist, racist, cowardly bully trump can ever, ever be considered “decent”
if pence meets biden’s definition of decent, then that disqualifies biden from consideration as a nominee, period. there is no decency in the trump administration. NONE.

11 Likes

Well said, Cynthia. I’d vote for you.

4 Likes

The Anita Hill/Clarence Thomas disaster is an albatross around Biden’s neck.

You can’t be progressive if you don’t make waves or else be stuck in the same old shite Pence and other conservatives are.

3 Likes

Mike pence is just another ignorant, un-educated, religious anti-science extremist. He doesn’t believe in evolution or the science behind it but in “creationism” and the Bible as truth in every respect - who misrepresents life on earth to fit his narrow-minded “religious” ignorance - frightening for any person charged with making critical decisions for all Americans and our common environment.

Whatever happened to the separation between church and state?

7 Likes

He has been mined mapped by an old book that is mostly fallacy.
It’s best for humans and and our evolution not to continue to be so stubborn and cling to the past .
Organised Religion says no new thoughts allowed !
No wonder the process of evolution is so slow on this planet.
It’s time we transcended this way of thinking people like Pence are very dangerous .
Beliefs from a very narrow perspective like Right Wing Evangelical Christianity must never be allowed near government or policy .

5 Likes

Joe Biden encompasses everything wrong with the d-party.

The good news is, if the Republican Lite corporate sock puppet is stupid enough to run, he’s guaranteed to once again stumble and bumble his way to a quick fizzle.

4 Likes

For people of that ilk, the State is the carpet the church walks on, to keep its feet out of the mud. (Doesn’t work.)
;-})

4 Likes

Nixon sez:
“… Joe Biden called Vice President Pence ‘a decent guy.’”

Perhaps Biden meant to say Reverend Mike was ‘a guy in descent.’

2 Likes

Lesbian by choice (as opposed to someone who would clam “God made me that way”) Cynthia Nixon has once again shown her shallow and self-centered person to all the world to see. Go back to the pretend world of acting, Cynthia, and leave the dirty business of politics to those more experienced with it.

1 Like

I’m not sure I understand your rational? Can you clarify whether or not your ONLY reason for your basis of how well she would do as a representative, is based on a statement she made about her sexuality?

2 Likes

Thanks for saying it out loud Cynthia.
He’s a very strange clown.

4 Likes

While Trump is tantamount to a battleship in clear sight making a lot of noise firing big guns, Pence is tantamount to a submarine, running relatively silent and running deep and will prove as destructive as a Nazi U-Boat if he became POTUS.

Biden calling Pence “decent” proves that Biden is also a relic of an era that set the stage for Trump.

No Cynthia, the GOP does NOT “question Obama’s birthplace”, they continue to ACCUSE Obama of being born in Kenya a decade after irrefutable evidence confirmed that Obama was born in Hawaii. Please don’t demonstrate the same faux “civility” that you rightly criticize Biden for.

3 Likes

Why oh why does “lesbian by choice” render Cynthia Nixon’s spot on critique of domininist hack Pense shallow and self centered???
What a load of ignorant stoopid.
The only person playing at shallow (and clueless) is you, Tim.

8 Likes

Pence was put on the ticket to sustain the christian right vote. And to satisfy Trump’s bottomless ego. Who wouldn’t look relatively better standing next to that laughable simpleton? Republicans would have trouble holding power without the overwhelming support from religious conservatives.

5 Likes

Let’s take (for better or worse–and I personally think it is for worse!) Donald Trump. He has played a big deal make and gotten such great ratings that he has deluded himself into believing that he could do a better job at being president than anyone else. So he finds a line of reasoning (MAGA) that will get him attention and because he is running against an incredibly corrupt and weak opposition candidate (Queen "it’s my turn " Hillary). So he wins and we seethe result!
Ms Nixon has taken her award winning acting career, her gender (Its the year of the woman!), her sexual orientation (lesbian by choice,and proud of it!) and staked out easy positions–Cuomo is a corrupt governor, Pence is insidious and beats that drum to see who will stand up and salute. Meanwhile, her own lack of understanding about how politics works and the lack of any capacity to act on that which she touts is ignored, because we just love her act. Go back to acting Cynthia, one Trump is quite enough!

Hi Beija–

Please see my response to PCPrincess above–it explains what you (and she) failed to see from my previous comment…

Your reply comment is still woefully insufficient unto the day and does not answer my question as to why your statement. ‘lesbian by choice’ has any merit.

1 Like

Hi hefalumpe: I agree with you. He threw Anita Hill under the bus—and I’m sure if he’d been there, that he would have thrown Rosa Parks OFF of the bus. : (

1 Like