Home | About | Donate

Millions Lack Food, Housing, and Healthcare, But 38 Democrats Just Joined GOP to Spend $716 Billion on Endless War and Empire

Millions Lack Food, Housing, and Healthcare, But 38 Democrats Just Joined GOP to Spend $716 Billion on Endless War and Empire

Jake Johnson, staff writer

In a vote that further "entrenches endless war and bloated Pentagon spending" and places greater nuclear capacity in the hands of President Donald Trump, 38 Democrats and Sen. Angus King (I-Maine) joined nearly every Senate Republican on Monday to pass a $716 billion defense bill that boosts military spending by over $80 billion and authorizes another $21.6 billion for nuclear weapons programs.

You now have the names of the folks who should not be reelected. Questions?

When I read or hear Vote Blue it’s coming from ignorance. Both paties are one as it’s all about making themselves richer at our expense. After what they did to Bernie, we saw how Elections are rigged. Our votes go to the corrupt superdelegates who are bribed. None of them care about our well being. Until we change this joke of a system never trust anyone in any party that has been re-elected. Get new people in, no matter what old one promise.

Democrats doing what they have been doing since the end of WW2. See the following for reasons why and current alternatives (hint: not the vast majority of labor unions):

https://www.counterpunch.org/2018/06/19/we-can-thank-top-union-officials-for-trump/

We have found the enemy, and it is us. Who is more guilty the liar or the person who is too lazy to be informed?

Just one Ditton: What makes you think the lame ass voters will vote them out?!

Those 38 Democrats should be replaced by true progressives.
I especially would like to see Manchin and Heitkamp booted out.
Schumer and Pelosi are also traitors to progressive causes and political aspirants.
The GOP and Trump are far more corrupt than the Dems and its leadership, but both are corrupt.
We have unfortunately reached the point where only general strikes, or perhaps Thomas Jefferson’s scary but accurate advice about unseating tyrants, have become our only remedies.

And congress speaks again in the name of the American people, more war!

Vote all 38 out of office when they run. They are traitors and not worth anyone’s vote.

It is difficult to resist the war machine - too profitable for both parties. The Unites States is a two party system - not a democracy.,

Their votes may be retroactively approved of by Americans when North Korea, China, Saudi Arabia, the Philippines, and Russia form a coalition to attack and conquer America. (I had that nightmare a couple of nights ago.)

And there’s this:

https://www.alternet.org/trumps-getting-us-ready-fight-nuclear-war

The vote was 85 to 10. Do people REALLY believe that those 10 show any substantial difference btween the two War Parties?

Note two of the votes against were from Republicans.

Just so we remember that’s 716 thousand millions!

This is what the MICC and “defense” industry has done to our nation…exactly what Dwight Eisenhower warned against! Both political parties serve the same master; vulture capitalism and rampant corrupt greed! The perfidy of the betrayal is especially contemptible in the current DINO “democratic” party.

The USA was founded on the premise of no King and no military dictatorship, with equal as a premise and certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness…"That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

After the coup, we are no longer such a civilian nation with a military, but have fallen to the same enemies as before.

We are now a military/corporate dominated and ruled nation with a civilian sector…some call that dictatorship or fascism…a government that works not for society and the people’s future and real “security” that includes all the things and qualities that have been usurped and destroyed to serve the war-machine. We now labor under a dictatorship of for-profit everything; war, education, health-care, everything is subverted to serve Mammon…a predatory and invasive parasite, with the people the host.

While our “elected” reps serve the hydra of greed at every turn, citizens, families, infrastructure, education, health care, infant and senior care are being destroyed and relegated to a lesser status…not for society but for the rulers and their masters!

All the things that make a nation really strong, moral, just and “great”, not just well-armed are led by complicit self-interested system of people of little to no moral compass or integrity…only shiny objects trotted-out once in a while to con the rubes…and.ill-educated “leadership”, largely ignorant of life on earth outside their own narrow spheres of interest…and corruption.

No matter how passionately you want to vote Trump and the Republicans out of office, a vote for the Democratic Party is automatically a vote for more war, more killing, more destruction, and robbing so many millions of our own people the funding they need to any chance to have a decent life. Strong support for defense and the military is built into the party platform. A D vote based on the handful of Dems who did not vote for this obscene level of defense spending is NOT justified and is NOT a vote against war and military spending. At the very least, if you do vote D, demand to know where the candidate stands on this all important issue. Vote as you must, but don’t delude yourself that this party is anything BUT a war party.

And don’t bother to give me that BS about needing to start, somewhere, so vote for the lesser evil, vote D, now, and pray the Democratic party will miraculously change it’s position, some day … maybe … sorta kinda, blah, blah, blah. I’ve heard this argument for the last 30 plus years. This is the result.

I absolutely agree. And if Trump is planning for nuclear war, he will not be deterred by the MAD principle (Mutually Assured Destruction) because of his ego – he believes he could “win”. Those Democrats are fools.

At this point, how can anyone be surprised at these filthy Democrats. They’re worse than the blood sucking Repugs. They’re supposed to know better. And we’ll soon be told to vote for them at any cost!! No thanks

These are our senate DINO’s. Look at the names, this is the Clinton wing of the Dem. party, and why a lot of us will not vote Dem because they are not Democrats. Where’s our Dem. apologists ? Are you listening ?

Make no mistake, this funding and the tax cut for the rich, will be the reason they come after social security and any other programs that help the common man/woman. These DINO’s will help with that effort, one party with two names.

Just think how many Americans hopes and dreams for a better future are crushed from the loss of 716 Billion dollars,that we can never actually pay back, spent instead on bombs to kill other people and steal their shit.

Alas, both of my Minnesota Senators, Amy Klobuchar and Tina Smith voted FOR more WAR $$$. So, I agree Totally with you:

"Vote as you must, but don’t delude yourself that this party is anything BUT a war party.

And don’t bother to give me that BS about needing to start, somewhere, so vote for the lesser evil, vote D, now, and pray the Democratic party will miraculously change it’s position, some day … maybe … sorta kinda, blah, blah, blah. I’ve heard this argument for the last 30 plus years. This is the result."