Home | About | Donate

Millions of Dead Bees, Millions More Signatures Highlight Threat to Bees & Other Pollinators

Millions of Dead Bees, Millions More Signatures Highlight Threat to Bees & Other Pollinators

WASHINGTON - A truck full of dead bees will make its final stop at a rally outside the headquarters of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency this afternoon, culminating a coast-to-coast tour to raise awareness about recent massive declines in pollinators.

While the millions of dead bees will remain in the truck, advocates and beekeepers will deliver over 4 million signatures urging an immediate ban on bee-killing pesticides.

###

I'd really like to support your effort, but "A truck full of dead bees" just doesn't have much impact without visuals. And the Facebook link at the bottom of your release didn't work. And when I typed in the URL for the project, I found it said "details of the tour are still being arranged," which seems at odds with the published release. I did find a picture of a truck, but without a caption to tell me whether those are hives (it would be good to know how many and what kind of geographic spread, or numbers of beekeepers, they represent) or boxes of loose bee carcasses. Clearly you understand the value of the visuals, but you seem to have squandered it.

I must say, what an excellent use of your energies, essentially editing their Facebook release for them. One thing that you can bee certain of, is that it is very appreciated by them.

One thing that might bee considered an insult however, is your beerating them for having "squandered" it. I think that as human beeings we can learn to beecome a bit more generous, such in this case, actually applauding their efforts, rather than beeing hyper critical.

Heaven knows we can all improve!!!!!!!!! :blush::kissing_heart:

Even though it's known that certain pesticides are carcinogenic and/or kill bees, we go right on using them.
Same with bPa, the chemical used in food can linings and cash register receipts.

No f*cking problem, at all.