Home | About | Donate

Millions of New Yorkers Disenfranchised from Primaries Thanks to State's Restrictive Voting Laws

Millions of New Yorkers Disenfranchised from Primaries Thanks to State's Restrictive Voting Laws

Democracy Now!

Voters head to the polls today in New York for both the Democratic and Republican primary in one of the most closely watched races of the election. But millions of New Yorkers won’t be able to vote, thanks to the state’s restrictive voting laws. The state has no early voting, no Election Day registration, and excuse-only absentee balloting. The voter registration deadline for the primary closed 25 days ago, before any candidate had even campaigned in New York.

New York - THE most corrupt state in the nation! Albany is the most corrupt State House in the nation - "three men in a room" dominate the Legislature and state politics - BOTH RepubliCons and Dems work together to maintain the status quo and profits/power for the players - division is a charade!

Without NY's corrupt politics and overt electoral fraud the Red Queen would not have won NY! We should demand a re-vote with ALL the disenfranchised included - frauds occured in other states but there was no re-vote - welcome to "democracy"......

Someone in the Board of Elections makes an "error" or "were backlogged" or too busy and voters were not be able to vote and nothing will be done!? BS! It will remain corrupted until the next time when the next election is stolen!

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/05/how-new-york-became-most-corrupt-state-in-america-117652

Every four years, towards election time, the many defeats in our voting methods are dragged out, damned, and litigated in the courts, amidst much head shaking and finger wagging. Then comes the election, the winners smile, their supporters cheer, and all the problems are swept back under the carpet for another four years.

I have traveled the world, and every other serious democracy celebrate their voting on a holiday. (Celebrate, because, like ours, their right to vote is, without exception, hard won with blood and sweat.) In most cases, voting is on a paid holiday, or a Saturday or a Sunday. So, my humble question is: why Tuesday? Can we not afford a paid holiday? A paid holiday would bring out the family. Adults would set an example for the kids. Neighborhood parties would break out. No one would have to excuse himself from the office, or even worry about a long wait. They visit, chat with neighbors, share music and food. Celebrate.

Call me naive, but I think for federal elections, it only takes a simple majority vote of Congress to bring that about. But I would bet the turn-out will sky rocket. So, how about it?

erecta. defects

Neither corrupt party machinery WANTS high voter or universal voter turnout. Why? more difficult to manipulate if a Bernie comes along. Same reason Dr. Jill Stein was excluded from the debates. Her platform would appeal to a broad spectrum of voters. Corrupt duopoly supports wars, weapon sales, and Pentagram terrorism for oil and the worthless petro-dollar. God bless America, shut up and salute.......and we thank you for your service.