Home | About | Donate

Mind-Boggling': Paid Actors Flooded City Council Meetings to Win Approval of Fossil Fuel Power Plant

Mind-Boggling': Paid Actors Flooded City Council Meetings to Win Approval of Fossil Fuel Power Plant

Andrea Germanos, staff writer

"What do you do when you want to push through a climate change-inducing, obscenely expensive fracked gas power plant in the USA's most climate threatened city?" asked "Gasland" director Josh Fox. "Well... pay actors to testify, of course!"

Soulless action of entitled elites.

Two can play that game.

Although “two can play that game” indeed, the fossil/nuclear cartel having exponentially more money to play makes it tough for renewables to make headway in the US’ pay to play culture.

Friends of my in-laws who were seeking a permit to install a wind generator on their Wisconsin farm more than a decade ago experienced paid actors showing up at the public hearing (required to get the permit) and protesting wind generation, with one actor going so far as to tell the hearing examiner that 'I would rather see a nuclear power plant on that farm".

The fossil and nuclear industries have always done whatever it takes to thwart renewable energy.

The message we get is that “infrastructure” consists of pipelines and canals and oil/gas wells, etc. But the Earth has infrastructure too, consisting of oceanic and atmospheric currents, rivers and wetlands, for example.

Which are more in need of protection?

It is much much worse than a few paid actors.

The Cancer of our Species

The Selling of One’s Soul

The oligarchs greatest advantage, and there are many, is that they have absolutely no moral or ethical boundaries. They are in short, psychopaths with unlimited money and resources. They will do anything to win. If you stop them once, they will keep coming at you again and again, bending, breaking, changing laws to achieve there desires. So paid actors at a City Council meeting is merely the logical thing to do. You see now why we are fucked right?

Guild – Wonderful message – thank you! (smile)

"The message we get is that “infrastructure” consists of pipelines and canals and oil/gas wells, etc. But the Earth has infrastructure too, consisting of oceanic and atmospheric currents, rivers and wetlands, for example.

Which are more in need of protection?"

To paraphrase Steve Miller: Go on, take the money and HIDE!!!
No names, huh?
SPINELESS, GREEDY, ENTITLED, SOUL-LESS FUCKS!!!
I hope someone digs the names up, but I’m not holding my breath…

Wake up. Really wake up. There are MASSIVE actors being used right now. Sane Progressive has been doing expose’s on the crisis actor industry for months. Go look up David Hogg on you tube and watch footage of him changing his story. He admits he’s an actor. Look at the people pointing to the crisis actors ads in news papers. Xi formerly Blackwater has some owners with links to new crisis actor corporations. Actors have been used in protests for quite a while. I nearly took a job to be one once but my liberal beliefs made me not be able to do what they wanted. Hey at the last DNC nomination, seats were FILLED by actors so nobody protesting Hillary could sit down and had to leave if they couldn’t find a seat. Those actors got up and clapped for Hillary when the TV cameras rolled to fake that she had support. They are used all over the place. It’s an industry and the owners are the biggest corps doing the worst stuff - defense industry corporations, etc., own them. Google crises actors, look who owns the companies and do a google search on them. What a wake up call.

No, OF COURSE we didn’t pay those actors (nudge, nudge, wink, wink).

$60 bucks to sell out. $200 bucks to give a sell out speech. That’s got to be right up there with giving some john a " local anesthetic " in an alley off Bourbon or Canal St. Nice folks down there in The Big Sleazy. Cheap is cheap, indeed.
I wonder what a summer job pays for having a bit part in A Streetcar Named Desire is worth to these local thespians?
I’ll never put my trust in the kindness of these strangers. Mind boggling is one way of looking at it, I guess.

Always pays to see if you’re reading truth or fiction, lol

hoggs story has changed

And, I’ve never heard of the high school claim. I did watched the footage where he admits he’s an actor and insisted, “so what.”

I want to point out - I am massively anti-gun. It’s the mental health database and how the cops can arrested anyone in it - and disappear them, that I’m concerned about. The laws coming down say anyone who’s ever taken anti-depressants. That’s half the US population. This isn’t a gun grab. It’s a rights grab. These kids are doing these anti-gun protests now but their start for weeks was the mental health database. It’s like they’ve been pulled into the gun protests and are pretending they’re one of us on the left. Revisit their initial mission. It was mental health and that’s the major Orwellian laws they’ve gotten passed.
BTW, people who have mental health issues are far more likely to be abused than abuse others.
Sane progressive did a great job covering this.

We should always be suspicious since, in 2000, when the election was stolen and we tried to get a recount in FL — all those well-dressed white people pounding on the glass to stop it — turned out to all be paid to do that. So this is nothing new that actors are being paid to do their bidding.

That was my first thought too.
They were from the local RNC…well of course THEY don’t want a true count.
It worked against Gore, lets do it again

Sad to say, it worked on Bernie as well.

Follow the money and find out who paid them. This is a criminal offense, is it not? Prosecute!

"In contrast, for the final meeting on the project in March when the vote took place, the crowd was mainly opponents—no swarm of orange shirts to be found.

The campaign was apparently successful; the city council approved it 6-1 on March 8."

I am confused. If the crowd was mainly opponents, it would appear the campaign was unsuccessful and yet the city council approved it 6-1?

Appears to me the campaign was unnecessary the votes were bought before the city council meeting. I guess having a few shirts and maybe a couple of speeches made, gave the council members a bit of justification.

If no supporters had shown up, it could have been a bit more difficult to pass the unpopular action that they were going to pass no matter who showed or didn’t show.

I find this hard to believe and I’m not going to go spend hours googling something to prove something I don’t find credible.

Now if you want to link to what you assert, then I’ll check it out.

Reminds me of idiot Bush campaigning in Tampa before a big crowd in 2000. Two women in the crowd then held up Gore signs and we’re quickly removed from the crowd. Hell no I didn’t go.