Home | About | Donate

Minneapolis as the 'New South': Police Data Shows Severe Racial Disparites

Minneapolis as the 'New South': Police Data Shows Severe Racial Disparites

Deirdre Fulton, staff writer

Black people and Native Americans in Minneapolis face "extreme racial disparities" at the hands of local law enforcement, with black residents nearly 9 times more likely than whites to be arrested for a low-level offense, according to a new analysis released Thursday.

The "American" South begins at the Canadian border. Now, what is wrong with the picture of arresting ANY indigenous, First Nation, person for "trespassing"?

Yes, of course. I'm NO fan of capitalism but what I was alluding to in my post was that the trespassers on Turtle Island--the land white folks call the USA-are white folks.

I know the miniapple and unfortunately found it to tbe true that the Northern Europeans who settled there are extremely nasty racist people with small brains.

But their children are all above average, especially those of the cornball clowns, living in Lake Wobegone. Is it true that all the residents of Minnesota can make the sounds of horses' galloping along? Or scolding squirrels? I know the emigrant Norwegians and Germans, added by the U.S. Army, liked to hang Native Americans in a circle. So, they got a really good idea of what was soon to befall them. They probably learned that from New Yorkers, like their community policing tactics, too. Birds of a feather.... and, all.

Did I mention the State Animal of Minnesota is the snowmobile?

What white church is disproportionally represented in the criminal justice system and the security business? Probably some goodie, goodie “I am better than thee”. And yes, they are in Minnesota!

And the State Bird is the mosquito.

These numbers make no sense to me. I think the writer must have meant "8.7 and 8.6 times more likely" rather than "8.7 and 8.6 percent more likely". If the White arrest rate is on the order of 1 arrest per 3 people, and the non-White rate 3 per 1, that seems intuitively (I freely admit I've no feel for numbers at all) to represent about a 9X difference. Doesn't it?

Just ghettoize your target minority, then expoit the ensuing criminality to put them under still further police repression: A well-understood characteristic of Fasscism. In Europe it is the Jews and the Sinti, in the USA Blacks are the "chosen people."

Exactly. It's as old as psychopathy itself: put someone in a cage without access to food, water, or hygiene, and in a few months exhibit the gaunt, filthy madman as an example of how depraved the victim's whole group is.