Home | About | Donate

Minnesota Democrats Implore Voters to 'Drop Off Your Ballot' in Person After Last-Minute Court Ruling

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/10/30/minnesota-democrats-implore-voters-drop-your-ballot-person-after-last-minute-court

1 Like

Whatever happened to the rule that you can’t change a normal functioning voting process within 30 days of an election…and that goes for last minute rulings by partisan judges?

3 Likes

politics –

Exactly – nothing going on here except trying to limit voting –

The ballots themselves gave very specific deadlines – I think it was that it
had to be postmarked by Election Day – but this is once again the GOP fear
of voters and trying to stop them.

Saw Klobachur on CNN last night – telling them to get their ballots in directly –
to official boxes or to county offices/registrars –

She also commented it was two GOP Judges and an Obama Judge was the dissenter.

BUT WILL THE MESSAGE GET OUT TO EVERYONE – AND WILL THEY ALL
BE ABLE TO MANAGE TO GET THAT TO WORK – SHE SAID THAT VOTERS
IN MINNESOTA HAVE HIGH RATES OF VOTING AND IN PERSON – AND
SHE THINKS THEY CAN DO IT.

2 Likes

i can’t help but keep thinking, that any Trumpist can see all this lying cheating and stealing. Trump himself announces multiple times a day how he’ll be happy to steal this election.

Are they really happy to “win” with all this lying cheating and stealing? Really? That’s the world they want to build? That’s the world for their children and grandchildren?

7 Likes

Dismantle the Post Office’s efficiency then have right wing judges declare ballots arriving late are invalid. Could they be more blatant about trying to steal the election? They don’t even bother to do this in the dark. Trump supporters don’t care as long as their guy stays in power.

4 Likes

The next Trumptard who tells me that “liberal extremists want to pack the courts” is likely to end up with a bloody nose.

2 Likes

That’s the world they want to build? That’s the world for their children and grandchildren?

Are you kidding me? Have you seen these people’s climate policies (or lack thereof)???

They don’t give a phuck about anything except preserving their white privilege a bit longer - how many times does that need to be illustrated?

3 Likes

And thus it begins.
There as never any doubt that Trump, his cronies, and his partisan court system would attempt to steal this election by any means necessary.

Our government suffers from the long term inattention of our voting public. Not all obviously, but any perusal of the numbers of eligible voters who actual do vote quickly denotes the problem. We the people do not elect those who determine the direction this nation takes, those who vote do that.

In 2016 well over one hundred million eligible voters did not cast a ballot, not just for president, but for senators, congress persons, local and state officials and propositions as well.

So, to you who failed in your duty to vote, please reconsider now, it is not yet too late.

3 Likes

… build the kind of America we progressives want for our country and fellow citizens.

1 Like

Is it time to make masks and voting mandatory?

2 Likes

I have often debated making voting mandatory, and am challenged by those who think otherwise for various and not altogether spurious reasoning.

I think , perhaps, it a better idea to make election day a holiday, or to make employers give an employee paid time to vote as well…

Masks are currently ordered in many places and are just as frequently ignored as one might expect in these divisive times.

2 Likes

Blaming and shaming the voters? Sure that’s always helpful.

2 Likes

Judge Jane Kelly is correct.
The final mail in date given by the US Postal Service has already passed earlier this week.
{Ironic that it is a ‘service’ that has been diminished and discredited}

Minnesota may be able to only lose mail in votes that went into post offices 10/26/2020.What would happen if governor had state police inspect every post office, remove all ballots found, and deliver them promptly to the correct county election board office.

Or the “do nothing” democrats. Another upside down BS charge.

Just a few years ago the SCOTUS was not an overt place for voter suppression, but it is now. Who needs that? We should eliminate that court if it isn’t serving peoples rights under the constitution.

2 Likes

You only demonstrate your inability to read and comprehend with that off the wall and untrue opinion. Get an actual grown up to read and explain my statement which contained no blaming or shaming. But , of course, you have this undeniable need to get attention, any way you can.

the appellate judges acknowledged their decision would likely cause “voter confusion” and “election administration issues” and potentially further undermine “public confidence in the election.”

But they said, “What the hell. It’s only the most important election EVER.”

2 Likes

In 2016 well over one hundred million eligible voters did not cast a ballot, not just for president, but for senators, congress persons, local and state officials and propositions as well.

So, to you who failed in your duty to vote, please reconsider now, it is not yet too late

Whatever you say.

1 Like

and in your disordered mind those words are shaming? Perhaps it is your own conscience you cannot ignore?

1 Like

Yes, telling people they failed in their duty to vote is voter shaming. It’s so obvious that you embarrass yourself trying to deny it.

Millions of people who see no material improvement to their lives regardless of election results tend to lose faith that their vote has any effect whatsoever.

2 Likes

I suspect you didnt vote and thus perhaps I struck a nerve.
Call it whatever you choose, I care not. It was, and I believe honest citizens will see this, not insulting only cautionary.
Goodbye now.