Home | About | Donate

Mitch McConnell's GOP Is Destroying America

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2020/08/05/mitch-mcconnells-gop-destroying-america

4 Likes

Time and again, Trump and the Republicans have shown that they only care about two things: their wealthy donors and corporate backers.
Same goes for the Democrats. But only the Republicans are bad. Blah, blah, blah…

15 Likes

And thanks to the Dems who helped secure Amy McGrath as the nominee to try and defeat McConnell! Woooo hooo!

This is a problem and something that should to be added to Robert’s article:

The GOP and D’s are destroying “America”.

One glaring example (my bold):

“Retired Marine Corps Lt. Col. Amy McGrath survived a tight primary race in Kentucky to win the Democratic nomination for U.S. Senate over progressive state Sen. Charles Booker.
McGrath, backed by tens of millions in donations and the support of Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, banked enough mail-in votes to survive an in-person surge from Booker. The 45-year-old former F/A-18 pilot will now embark on a long-shot quest to defeat Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell.”

McGrath raised $41 million since entering the race through June 3, against roughly $800,000 for Booker, who saw a surge in the final weeks, more than 96 percent of McGrath’s fundraising came from out of state, versus 54 percent for Booker.

h-ttps://news.yahoo.com/amy-mcgrath-charles-booker-kentucky-democratic-senate-primary-results-164200472.html

From yesterday — Christo Aivalis : h-ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ksNdHjU_5g
Pro-Trump Democrat Amy McGrath Losing big to Mitch McConnell in Kentucky Senate Race

Even if it would have been hard for Booker to defeat McConnell, he would have represented the issues of Black Lives Matter and Medicare for all. This all shows, however, the the corporate Democratic Party donors who fundraised heavily for McGrath would rather lose than promote progressive values

13 Likes

Cast a wider net!

2 Likes

Come on Reich - Biden is your best ???

9 Likes

Someone on Sanders campaign who is now backing Biden, said something similar to that voting for Biden “is like eating half a bowl of shit”, whereas voting for Trump would be like eating the whole bowl of shit. So I guess now it’s everyone’s personal choice of whether they want a full bowl or just a half bowl.

6 Likes

Or,
The lesser of two evils is still evil

6 Likes

riech is still confused as big dog wrote off Main Street Amerika and so has every potus after that. Hay Robert how is that ten year going?

2 Likes

Nina Turner.

(h)ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu5WtbJ00WA
“Nina Turner: Voting For Biden Like Eating ‘Half A Bowl of Sh*t’” / Secular Talk Platform

4 Likes

I hope I live long enough to see AOC take Chuck Schumer’s Senate seat.

8 Likes

From ProPublica:

How Hotel Chains Got a Slice of Government Aid for Small Businesses

Up to $1 billion in small business relief dollars went to hotel chains with more than 500 employees. One beneficiary was the client of a former aide to Sen. Susan Collins who was among many lobbying her to create this special exception.

~https://www.propublica.org/article/how-hotel-chains-got-a-slice-of-government-aid-for-small-businesses

This is the new Herculean feat to clean out the Augean Stables that is the US American “representatives” of The People who think it means Corporations as “people”.

2 Likes

American elite’s religion: death worship. Stoke the killing machine. Destroy the planet. Rest your knee on all our necks. Aah…oblivion!

2 Likes

What a wonderful thought (AOC taking Shumer’s seat) on yet another challenging summer day!
Me too!

2 Likes

When History judges those responsible for the wanton destruction of the “American Experiment”, Trump can honestly plead “Innocent by Reason of Insanity.”  (Probably the only honest thing he’ll have done in his entire life.)   Barr, Bush I & II, all the Cheneys & Clintons, Cruz, Grassley, McConnell, O’Bummer, P’Loser, Pompeo, Reagan, Scalia, Schumer, Yoo et al, et al, et al will have no such excuse.

3 Likes

McConnell=Destroyer of Democracy

1 Like

If corporations are not people, why do we blame and try to tax them instead of blaming and taxing the people who own them (at FDR rates of 94%)?

You misspelled Republicrats.

You beat me to the punch. Democrats are also “care about two things: their wealthy donors and corporate backers.” While we suspected this already for decades, this election cycle makes it crystal clear. Voting D or R will not change a thing. Remember when both Clinton and Obama continued the policies of their predecessors? They kept up the wars and economic warfare just the same, but they had nicer ways of wooing us into complacency. Heed the warning: worse than Trump is coming unless we wake up to this duopoly scam.