Home | About | Donate

Mixing Business with Presidency, Ivanka Trump Sees Profits in China

Mixing Business with Presidency, Ivanka Trump Sees Profits in China

Nika Knight, staff writer

On April 6, Ivanka Trump's fashion brands got a massive boost when China approved three trademarks for her business, "giving it monopoly rights to sell Ivanka brand jewelry, bags and spa services in the world's second-largest economy," the Associated Press reported Tuesday.

Ah yes, some of the rewards of Fascism, but only for the few.
;-})

The myriad conflicts of interest swirling around this entire administration is completely over the top, just like everything else about it. I am not forgiving them their ethical lapses and wrongdoing in any way, but the fact is the whole campaign finance system and lengthy campaign trail is one giant maze of conflict of interests when it comes to the best interests of We the People. Campaign finance is a legalized bribery scheme that has empowered our elected representatives to legislate for the 1% and their multi-national corporations, while gaslighting their constituents. Regulatory agencies and departments pay lip service to We the People while allowing the industries for which they are tasked to protect us from, to walk all over communities and the environment. It's endless. The public should have been outraged long ago and really shouldn't be all that surprised now.

Grifter. At our expense.

Naomi Klein's recent video about Trump (and his family's) identity as a brand was pretty insightful.

Just more corroboration of what I have posted before: great business decision by Trump to run for POTUS! As long as you are part of his family businesses.

Good ideas!
;-})

Thanks for posting this video. $$$$$$$$$$ the only language Trump understands.

I found that I didn't know the meaning of 'gaslighting' - now I do - good choice. In terms of China's strategies, the benefits from funding the interests of the drumph klan seems tantamount to their engaging in treason at such a scale as to think no one will attempt any reset. :

Gaslighting is a form of manipulation that seeks to sow seeds of doubt in a targeted individual or members of a group, hoping to make targets question their own memory, perception, and sanity. Using persistent denial, misdirection, contradiction, and lying, it attempts to destabilize the target and delegitimize the target's belief.[1][2]

Instances may range from the denial by an abuser that previous abusive incidents ever occurred up to the staging of bizarre events by the abuser with the intention of disorienting the victim. The term owes its origin to Gas Light, a 1938 play and 1944 film. It has been used in clinical and research literature.[3][4]

The Chinese consumers who can afford the over-priced junk that this Trump trash sells are pretty savvy and will learn very fast just how shoddy ALL the merchandise is...clothing, shoes, jewelry and spa treatments included. And like Nordstrom, the lines will be dropped by any and all outlets when their sales drop off precipitously.

Piranhas and pikers all.

Now all she needs to do is make the uniforms for charter schools and she'll be set for life.

The corruption is unbelievable. In any other semblance of a democracy, a head of state presiding over such abuse of office for familial self-enrichment would be long out of office and likely in prison.

the Intercept has videos? Everyone watch this one....it's full of good ideas!

Nepotism at its finest.

Also, it appears Jared Kushner has opened a business office inside the White House under the corrupted title of Advisor to the President. Furthermore, add the fact that it appears that the White House is hiding the list of all people coming and going into the White House. As you stated, your exactly correct.