Home | About | Donate

MNBC News Anchor Chris Hayes Applauded for Doing What Few Prominent US Journalists Do: Report Honestly About Israeli Massacre

MNBC News Anchor Chris Hayes Applauded for Doing What Few Prominent US Journalists Do: Report Honestly About Israeli Massacre

Jon Queally, staff writer

MSNBC news anchor Chris Hayes is receiving plaudits from human rights defenders and other progressive journalists after airing a segment on Wednesday night which offered a rare example of a major U.S. cable news outlet providing critical coverage of Israeli crimes against Palestinians.

3 Likes

Let’s hope that he is not the only one, but the first one.

10 Likes

Agree, but my inner pessimist was already wondering how long Hayes would remain at MCNBC even as I clicked. Still, it is a refreshing change from the usual line.

9 Likes

Yep, my cynicism went there too. Kinda hope the guy gets to keep his livelihood. Not because I’m such a fan of his - b/c I’m not. Just would be a nice stroke of justice if this guy showed some courage (something in profound short supply currently - like the media is breathing the rarefied air of sinclair and the likes)and wasn’t taken down for it.
I hope he doesn’t get whacked, and hope his example will stir some spinal cord uber-development in some of his colleagues.

Peace

9 Likes

A well stated and accurate report although the assumption that previous earlier American administrations would have been more critical is over-stated.

3 Likes

I guess someone at Comcast has some deep seated anti semitism left in them to let Chris do this.

Correct me where I am wrong;

The English carried out a premeditated holocaust on Ireland that is commonly demoted to a potato famine. That purposeful and for profit genocidal ethnic cleansing by the English killed a similar number of Irish as the German genocide of Jews, Gypsies and diseased aryans.

Even so; I have never heard Irish people claiming the english murderers were racially prejudiced against their Irish victims.

1 Like

It is more likely that MSNBC has a “we are still progressive” quota policy to make the left keep faith. To be fair, the network did expose the Saudis role in the Yemen conflict a couple of weeks ago. Again, it was only token coverage. The U.S. relationship with both of these countries is what kept the Middle East unstable for the past decades. The token coverage amounts to complicity in spite of the liberal wish fulfillment.

3 Likes

Keep the Truth coming Chris.

Perhaps you can convince Chris Matthews, Rachel Maddow, and Lawrence O’Donnell to tell the Truth about the oppression and murder of the Palestinians by the Israelis.

5 Likes

Hayes did a good thing - finally. The day after he is not at his seat? Hmnnn? Does he get his $35,000 if he is suspended? Or canned?

1 Like

Russia, Russia, Russia.

Battle Cry of the Democrats.

2 Likes

Anyone who criticizes the immoral, if not illegal, actions of the Israeli military is labeled “anti-semitic” by some Jews. We need to get past this rhetoric and call these horrible atrocities what they are and hold those responsible to account.

5 Likes

Be careful Chrisl I would not doubt that nutty/yahoo has called MSNBC to complain about you.

I am pretty sure that it was religious persecution.

There is such a thing as organized Jewish action and if that action is wrong, it’s appropriate to be “anti” it If we accept that any such opposition constitutes the abhorrent pure-prejudice Antisemitism we hear so much about, or is even prima facie Antisemitism, then we make ourselves slaves to organized Jewry (such as the Anti-Defamation League).

2 Likes

Yeah, I guess you’re right; my own dad was ashamed to admit he was Irish.

My idea was more about how touchy one of the ishes is when in fact the Irish suffered a very large premeditated genocidal holocaust as well.

1 Like

AMEN!!  Being disgusted by the gross violation of a treaty and war crimes up to and including the slaughter of innocent civilians is NOT anti-Semitism, it is anti-Fascism!!   BDS NOW!!!

2 Likes

Geez, is Chris Hayes fired yet for telling the truth? (1:42 PM EST)

1 Like

All for BDS
CMS can’t get sarcasm but can get ten likes for being a flame thrower.

The MSM is so badly skewed that it would take some thing like …to get them put the story of gunning down innocent civilian on the air - that is what I was getting at.

But lets take the opportunity to shame someone we don’t understand.

1 Like

Chris is a shadow of his former self