Home | About | Donate

Mobilizing Thousands for Labor Day Actions Across US, Sanders Touts 'Organizer-in-Chief' Model to Combat Corporate Assault on Workers

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/09/02/mobilizing-thousands-labor-day-actions-across-us-sanders-touts-organizer-chief-model

4 Likes

GO BERNIE.

The Bernster is right. Corporations have been at War with their workers trying to Increase Profits by Decreasing Wages.

They Hate Unions and they Hate sharing exorbitant Profits with the Workers that Created Those Profits.

Corporations Do Not have any loyalty to their Workers or the Towns they operated from, which is why that packed their bags and machinery and moved to China where they can pay close to Slave Wages and Do Not have to furnish Health Care Insurance to their Workers or deal with Unions.

The Irony is, we Americans gave these Unpatriotic Corporations Tax Breaks to cover their expense of moving to China.

Enough already, it is time to Vote for Candidates like Bernie who will Represent and Fight for WE THE PEOPLE instead of Candidates that take Bribes/Donations and Represent Corporations that have destroyed the Unions and the Middle Class.

BERNIE SANDERS - 2020

13 Likes

Bernie’s great. Where is Elizabeth Warren on sectoral bargaining? Does anyone know?

4 Likes

Warren - “I am a Capitalist”

3 Likes

These struggles today remind me of Pablo Neruda’s poem about the Spanish Civil War (this is a translation): “I met Bolivar one fine, long morning, in the mouth of the Fifth Regiment. ‘Father, are you, or are you not, or who are you?’ And looking toward the Quartel de La Montana, he said, ‘I wake up every hundred years, when the people awaken.’” Back in the 60s, when Bernie and I were first active, we learned about earlier struggles against wars, for union recognition, and so on. I’ve been slowly passing on my experience to younger people now. So is Bernie, I think. We aren’t talking down to young people. This is their movement! I think what we are doing is trying to make sure that today’s activists don’t have to reinvent the wheel. Bernie (and others like me) is trying to build a bridge to today’s activists…like in Neruda’s poem: “I wake up every hundred years, when the people awaken.”

7 Likes

I don’t know, Unmentionables. What I do know about Warren is that in 2018 she voted for the NDAA legislation. That’s the Act designed to dismantle/override the US Constitution, in conjunction with the Patriot Act:

2 Likes

Bernie is the only FDR/Henry Wallace candidate we’ve had in decades. He’s an organizer, a leader, and an inspiring presence.
He can’t do it alone and has asked for a grassroots coalition.
Someone with money and savvy should organize Hong Kong style strikes against Trump, the GOP, Pelosi, Schumer, and Trump’s golf courses and other properties.
Voting by itself isn’t going to do it.

5 Likes

Well that’s a separate question though it’s an important one. We need a broader politics than being anti-interventionism and defunding the war machine. We need to revive the union movement.

5 Likes

Seeing the phony Warren on CD makes me semi-ill.

3 Likes

Don’t forget the government assault, where you often have many managers and supervisors breaking the rules so frequently it is impossible for the business agents to keep up and do their job of helping the employees.

2 Likes

It’s not only about the war machine. After studying the NDAA and the Patriot Act you will see that these two vile pieces of legislation lay the foundation for the unadulterated fascism we are now experiencing in the US. In my view there is no separate question.

2 Likes

Liz uses the pronoun ‘they’ five times … meaning someone else. Reminds me of NY Banker Finkstine when he says ‘Hillary will be with us in the end’. Not to worry, Liz ‘I’m A Capitalist’ Warren will be with you in the end.

3 Likes

Warren is a fake progressive. Once a republican, always a republican & unlike Bernie she has never been consistent on any issues that affect the workers or people. And she already said she will take corporate $.

4 Likes

Unions better endorse Sanders & not the candidate the DNC tells them to. The only union who has done it so far is the UE of Pittsburgh. Unions have to think of the workers. I trust Bernie & if my union does not endorse him I will leave it. The democrats abandoned the working, middle classes, the poor, young & the elderly since neoliberal Clinton, so why should we vote for anyone but Bernie? I won´t.

8 Likes

Completely agree. The problem is that the same battle against neoliberalism needs to be fought within the unions as it does in the Democratic Party. It’s winnable though.

3 Likes

I’m for sending the Billionaire Class the way of the French Aristocracy.

"Viva La Guillotine!"

2 Likes

Guillotines are deliciously efficient and attractive, but probably won’t be allowed.
What I’d like are Nuremberg-style trials for all the criminals involved in all the crimes. The Bush administration for lying us into war, the Koch brother and his ilk, Wall Street for defrauding the world, the environmental destroyers, the gestation slavery crowd, etc.
Put them on trial for all the world to see. Ruthlessly expose their crimes against humanity, democracy and the biosphere.
Then humanely put them to sleep using pentobarbital.
It would be the best reality television show ever seen and would help purge the world of evil.

2 Likes

Frustrating to see the Green Party ignored by Common Dreams still. Howie Hawkins recently retired from working as a teamster for UPS. When he talks about workers, he says “we” not “they.”

3 Likes

I hope TO HELL more and more people see through her scam. She wants to take big money if she hits the general and believes we should maintain a presence in all countries where we currently are! (She probably loves it that Dumbf is putting troops in Saudi Arabia!) That’s two strikes right there and, for me, the third strike is that she will get votes from many ONLY because she has a vagina!

1 Like

Nobody has forgotten about anybody. Right now we’re focused on watching the unions frying bigger fish. Rough fish in the January caucus even might be on their menu. They’ve done it to The Sandernistas before and the DNC is up to their usual tricks in Iowa and Neveda, again. Different elections, same ol’ DNC.
Mr. & Mrs. Biden are attending fish fries in 2 small cities in Iowa today. We’re going to listen closely, making sure they don’t catch bones in their throats and cough up a bunch of " word salads ", like usual.

2 Likes