Home | About | Donate

Moms' Group Sounds Alarm Over Worst GOP Bill "You've Never Heard Of"

Moms' Group Sounds Alarm Over Worst GOP Bill "You've Never Heard Of"

Julia Conley, staff writer

The environmental group Clean Air Moms Action released a new ad campaign Monday urging voters to fight back against two pending Republican anti-regulation laws.

The actions of this Congress, unpopular as they may be, should not be characterized as ‘whims’ because they are quite deliberate in what they are aiming: screw the population to benefit the wealthy.

The bill in some states that allow motorist to drive over people in the street seems on par with shoot and kill anyone how makes you feel threatened. Preventing studies on the health effects of marijuana is still a classic.

This is part of the whole misunderstanding of the regulatory process. Regulations can be neither established nor removed by edict. It’s all posturing.

Accurate insight, Giovanna-Lepore.

Excellent, Helpful, informative Article and Comments, except for one.

Regulations are the mechanism whereby Congressional intent is translated into policy or action. George Lakoff says that regulation is protection. This bill therefore removes protection.

Explain, please. What I’m understanding is that there is legislation pending, that would become law. I’m not at all sure that what they are talking about is an ‘edict’. To me it sounds like a law that the GOP would like to pass. Please enlighten me - what am I missing?

Usually, there is a reason certain regulations are enacted…The main reason is corporations doing harm to citizens in the name of profit…The only way to combat against their terror is regulations stopping them from doing harm and huge fines…This keeps them honest…NOW here comes Trump and the GOP regime of anti regulations…Now corporations can kill and main all they want with impunity…If they sell you something that Kills you or a family member you’re only option is to not buy anything from them anymore…Problem solved republican/libertarian/teabagger style…These morons represent the corporations that want to kill or maim you and make huge profits and never be accountable for their incompetence plus not pay taxes (Republican motto; go fuk yourself PROFITS RULe People suk). So tell me why anyone with a brain would vote Republican, and then you realize Trump supporters are some of the stupidest people you would ever meet…To say they even had a brain would be a miracle…So the mindless vote for the soulless thinking they are keeping Jesus safe.

The first part of what @akita96th just said. Look up the current laws on how regulations are made and unmade. Sorry, but I have a personal crisis going on and can’t do the legwork.

Reality is that our “elected officials” are NOT accountable to voters –

We have NO leverage over our “elected” officials.

That has to become clear to all of us.

Over decades now – like 60 years – Elites/wealthy have worked through the two
corrupted political parties which they now own, in order to dismantle New Deal
protections which benefit the planet and Humanity.

What consequences were we able at any time over those decades to impose upon
any of these elected officials or Elites/wealthy?

My scorecard says NONE.

Going forward in the same way is meaningless –
Even when we win, Elites take it to another level and they win.

Instead of fighting anti-regulation legislation one by one, we need to remove
those for whom those regulations are being overturned … Elites/wealthy.

There are any number of ways to do this without violence.

It is citizens who create economies and it is Elites/wealthy who manipulate them
for their own benefit.

akita –

Sadly, there is no way to keep Elites “honest” as they simply lie in wait and plan violence to
overturn order … just as their man Hitler did.

And just as we’ve seen in many ways in US with assassinations of key leaders over and again.
And coups … and now “regime change” throughout the world for Empire.

Elites rule by violence; there is no other way for the right wing to rise.
And right now these “Dr. Strangelove’s” have control of our MIC.

Only non-violent revolution in self-defense will change things which means we must UNITE
based on the reality that we are all LABOR for Elites.
We must STOP cooperating with Elites, with Organized Patriarchal religion which underpins
them, and with their system of capitalism which is suicidal for the planet and all humanity.

However, BOTH parties are now owned by the same Elites and DP will just as quickly betray us
as we’ve seen many times before.

The good thing is that the elites don’t want to dirty their hands to commit the violence.

And I must say, I’ve been reassured that the “generals” seem to be the best moderating force with have in this administration. Remember also that regulations are carried out by career regulators, not the political appointees. And again, federal law requires public comment before any change to regulations. One of these laws is just grasping at a way to give the regulated more standing in that process. If it were enacted, it would only mean that the public must raise its voice in every such hearing.

bks –

The good thing is that the elites don’t want to dirty their hands to commit the violence.

I don’t know about that –
These are men without conscience who send our sons and daughters to war as “fodder” for Empire.
That’s pretty “dirty” in my book. And these men have always controlled armies … even many who
controlled armies who killed for a “god” and tortured people for their “god.”
“Introducing the sword with the cross” and “The Inquisition” were ways in which the “one-all-male-
god” took hold of nations and held power over the minds of citizens of those nations.
We might right now question whose “god” is pleased now that the US has murdered more than
1 million Muslims in what “W” called a “Crusade.”

The men who participated in the planning and assassination of JFK are countable and their names
are known and they of course knew that their actions were treason and that they were not only
taking our president but our “people’s” government. Many of them were in Dealey Plaza to watch
and guide those who actually pulled the trigger and to protect them.
And all of the presidents who came to power since then were either involved in the assassination or
in the cover up. Beginning with LBJ.
You can’t join the club of Murders, Inc. as I understand it without having dirtied your own hands.

I don’t, of course, know who is reassuring you but it was the Joint Chiefs who gave us "Operation Northwoods."
And you might recall the infamous “Nuke 'em La May” was one of them. They all wanted war with Vietnam and
LBJ gave it to them.

You might also recall that the purge of liberals from government has gone on steadily since the McCarthy Era
and there are few liberal regulators any longer who might do what you suggest.
Recall the sadness of people working for “W” who proclaimed their loyalty to a president rather than to the
nation or the Constitution.

You might also recall the FCC ignoring the will of the people over and again.
And often there is no meaningful opportunity for public comment any longer.
The internet is still threatened, of course.

This is a liberal nation which stands against these illegal wars of aggression and which has stood against them
since before they were begun.
We are also anti-MIC by 84% – and the figures are even higher internationally.
I don’t imagine either that there is any support for anti-Constitutional spying on citizens 24/7 by the NSA.
FISA itself is a violation of the Constitution.

If the government had not been all along ignoring the will of the people of this nation we would
have had National Health Care for ALL decades ago.
We would have no wars.
And we certainly wouldn’t have US/CIA warmongering around the world or on the march to
Russia and/or China.
Take a look at how NATO now sits on the doorstep of Russia.

Quote from bks –

And I must say, I’ve been reassured that the “generals” seem to be the best moderating force with have in this administration. Remember also that regulations are carried out by career regulators, not the political appointees. And again, federal law requires public comment before any change to regulations. One of these laws is just grasping at a way to give the regulated more standing in that process. If it were enacted, it would only mean that the public must raise its voice in every such hearing.

You’ve gone off the rails into conspiracy theories and responded only to the part of my post least relevant to the topic. But note you’re still talking about the elites coopting others to do the dirty work for them.

Of course, while they can afford it –

But it doesn’t preclude the reality that they are always prepared to do violence –
Whether it’s taking your land by violence, or raping your daughter and killing your son
if you protest.

Many of them, as I’ve said, are involved with violence.
You have only to look at CIA’s/MKULTRA/Monarch to understand that.
Direct violence – hands on.

To imagine a US that is “conspiracy free” is to ignore all of the history of the US.