Home | About | Donate

Monday Night Massacre as Trump Gets Nixonian, Fires Acting AG

Monday Night Massacre as Trump Gets Nixonian, Fires Acting AG

Jon Queally, staff writer

With a reference to the Saturday Night Massacre that took place during the Watergate scandal under President Richard Nixon, the hashtag #MondayNightMassacre came alive on Monday night after President Donald Trump fired acting Acting Attorney General Sally Yates and accused her "betrayal" for refusing to enforce a controversial order targeting Muslims.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
—Benjamin Franklin

Take the time to read Benjamin Franklin's biography. He demonstrated a most unique prescience in foreign affairs.

During the American Revolutionary War he was our greatest ambassador. He was able to obtain secure much aid from certain friendly nations. He had no equal in ability, tact, common sense, and diplomacy. He was highly respected and world renown.

Did you really know he had an important role in the writing of the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution? He was the oldest and one of the most famous signers of both those documents. He was also a great inventor.

No reasonable person would deny that certain types of restrictions must be imposed in order to provide for national security and defense. Most folks simply trust that the powers-that-be are sincerely acting in the citizenry's best interest.

Unfortunately, that is not always the case. Many wealthy and powerful forces lurk in the shadows. They heavily influence government policies and actions—to the detriment of the common man. Their ostensible motives conceal their true ones. The sad reality is that many times, there are already ample resources and measures to take care of almost all types of REAL dangers.

Watch out for the slippery slope. Once the elite gain a foot-hold on “convincing” the citizens to agree to more and more apparently justified intrusions, they will inevitably slip in more and more "protective" and restrictive measures. Ultimately, they seek to work towards ensuring that the citizenry will complain less, and acquiesce to even greater curtailments of their civil rights and freedoms. The sad reality is that many times, there are already ample resources and measures to take care of almost all types of REAL dangers.

[sarcasm]
After all, the Constitution is just a piece of paper!
[/sarcasm]

When people are afraid, they will agree to almost any type of change in order to rid their lives of apparent threats or danger.

“If you don’t know history, it’s as if you were born yesterday. If you were born yesterday, then any leader can tell you anything.”
—Howard Zinn

It is ever so easy for the ruling class to take advantage of perceived and actual problems—by introducing solutions that do not truly benefit the public-at-large. Instead, the proffered solutions substantially advance any number of agendas of the “power-elite” themselves. It is a classic example of the Hegelian Dialectic: problem->reaction->solution (thesis->anti-thesis->synthesis). It is a great way to persuade the citizenry to accept something that actually is not in their best interest.

Many people just don't understand this divide-and-conquer strategy. The power elite uses it to
keep the status quo in their favor. Moreover, most people are fixated on labels such as liberal, conservative, democratic, republican, etc. Meanwhile, the very wealthy are truly united. Consequently, the gap between the rich and the poor is increasing; the middle class is disappearing. Welcome to the modern version of a third-world nation.

At the highest levels of decision-making, distinctions such as the Democrats versus Republicans, Liberals versus Conservatives, the Left versus the Right and other such artificially contrived dichotomies become blurred; they substantially disappear. Things are not always what they seem, as the power elite’s ostensible motives conceal their true ones. Practically speaking, it is analogous to playing the roles of good cop -versus-bad-cop in a police interrogation room. In the final analysis, they all serve the same master: the international ruling class.

Such real power and control is primarily manifested through the “front” organizations of the global power-elite: governments, financial institutions and the mainstream media; it is largely enforced via the national security, intelligence, and military apparatuses. Divide-and-conquer strategy takes care of the rest. This inertia is built into the system. So, is it such a surprise that—at the lower levels—the citizenry question little, and effectively "police" themselves?

The cold reality is that the deck is stacked against the ordinary person. Even if a particular group or cause wins a victory against the ruling class, it is actually a hollow or Pyrrhic victory. You can rest assured that—at some point in the future—the global ruling class will take back the value of what they gave away, with interest.

Don’t you realize that they can manipulate world affairs to such an extent that you are more than happy to allow the government to take away your rights? Out of fear, you’ll all too willingly give up your rights—even those guaranteed by the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. What a scam!

Those in power will always seek a way to control and dominate—if not one way, then another. Who can say for sure how they will do it tomorrow?

Case in point: The House of Rothschild has been playing these types of manipulative games since the Napoleonic Era. In the long run, they always seem to win. (By the way, Goldman Sachs is actually an Illuminati front.)

The expression "Qu'ils mangent de la brioche" or "Let them eat cake" is a quote commonly attributed to the Queen of France, Marie Antoinette.

If the common man is able to survive on crumbs and scraps long enough, then there will always be hope—in the midst of despair!

Will this act by DT be the "Union's" Fort Sumter?????

Congratulations to Sally Yates for taking a principled stand. Of course as an Obama political appointee, she only had a few weeks left in her job. I hope that hundreds of the non-political appointees in the Federal Government covered by Civil Service begin to take similar stands as such illegal actions continue.

Agree. But will say Trump was elected and things aren't going to get easier for civil service employees. They've got families to feed and are technically nonpartisan. It's a challenge because our government still has to function, even if we elect someone mentally unstable.

All the civil servants, like the appointees (and djt himself, though not the likes of Bannon) have sworn to uphold and defend the Constitution. That should be principle enough for them to execute their offices and to stand up to unconstitutional orders. The government will be unable to function if its members indeed follow the C instead of orders that haven't been considered by those who understand the Constitution. For instance, I understand that, since Yates was the last Senate-confirmed officer at Justice, we are now without anyone legally qualified to sign off on national-security warrants. The Administration has hobbled itself.

Perspicacious post.

" When people are afraid they will agree to almost any type of change in in order to rid their lives of apparent threats or danger."

And that statement is nothing new. It goes back to at least Roman Empire times.
Oderint Dum Mutant. Let them hate provided they fear.

Probably not, but it could be the beginning of Trump's Watergate.

I get the sentiment, but the arbiter of the constitution will be a court system firmly in Republican hands after Trump makes his appointments. There's the added danger of civil service employees becoming arbiters of what is and is not constitutional. I can't remember the state, but there was a clerk who refused to issue marriage licenses because she felt gay marriage was unconstitutional. Was that a good idea? As a one-time civil service employee, the job is to serve the public, and I personally am a bit uncomfortable with it. That said, I understand the challenges ahead too.

That was one Kim Davis, a county clerk in Kentucky. Very different case from the acting AG of the US. I've not joined in on parallels to the German 3rd Reich, but remember where "just following orders" got us before?

I'd like to think "I hope so", and then, I think, Pence is next in line. Which is worse? I still think Pence is worse because he's a hard core right-wing Republican who will clearly march to the tune of the worst Republican theocratic ideology.

Trump, on the other hand, is more of a loose cannon, although the Bannon angle is extremely disturbing. For me, the jury is still out -- but overall it seems to be "heads they win, tails we lose."

... and remove illegal aliens? Human-beings, the human race, people, our neighbors, our friends, our love ones...

I'm afraid you're right, and "theocratic" is the danger signal with Pence, not so much "Republican" as "apocalypticist." The most reasonable explanation I've heard for why Pence was selected and took the job (and remember, he didn't resign as Gov. of Indiana until just before being sworn in as VP) is the expectation that djt's chaos may be enough to prod God into stepping in to rapture Pence and other good evangelicals to heaven. And if not, and djt gets impeached, then Pence will have the nuclear codes and other means to help God along.

Finally we have arrived at a constitutional moment. It will be interesting, as well as frightening, to see how it ends up, from water pollution to fair justice to human rights, to religious freedom. I'm no longer optmistic in the power of the constitution. and our escapade in torturing as constitutionally allowed under Yoo and Gonzales. I'm really in a panic at what a slimy lawyer can do with this. Listen to Conway whine for example or Ed Rawlins defend criminal behavior

Assuming we still have a functioning Democracy which is not certain, or that we are not attacked by the same group when these guys last had power.

First, they came for the Muslims.
But I was not a Muslim, so I did not speak out...

Good. Outstanding. Let's not ever re-fill the position. Since the Federal Government never does its job correctly anyway, I applaud President Trump's decision to fire two people for every one hired.

Fire them all, I say! These "civil servants" (tyrants) executed numerous unconstitutional actions in support of NDAA section 1021, torture, killing of US citizens abroad, kidnapping to black sites and smuggling weapons to Mexico (Holder) and smuggling weapons to terrorists in Syria.

The entire Obama Justice Department should fired and put on trial, imho.

It is very curious how some people want to apply partisan interpretations of the Constitution to just Republicans, and not to Democrats who wrecked the nation the last eight years. At least Trump killed the unconstitutional TPP. That was the biggest threat to our democracy since it overruled all Congressional and Judicial review, with a secret foreign investor "dispute resolution board."

It's going to be a real chit-show, isn't it? And this is only week two! We've got hundreds to go!

The wheels are really going to come off this thing when Mother Nature shows up! Global crop failures and mass climate refugees like happened with Syria and North Africa.

Trump or Pence? I'd rather have a man who worships the Golden Calf, than a man who worships as a Fundy and believes in the "Second Coming" in charge of the football!

Sounds like grounds for impeachment. Refusing to recognize the authority of one of the three branches of government is a big no-no. The possibility should be raised immediately. Of course he is protected by a majority in Congress but they won't have one past the mid-terms if this continues.

Thanks to the Corporate Democrats that you have been making excuses for on this site for the past week those appointees will be confirmed.