Home | About | Donate

Monsanto Faces People's Tribunal for Crimes Against Planet and Humanity

Monsanto Faces People's Tribunal for Crimes Against Planet and Humanity

Nika Knight, staff writer

The people are taking Monsanto to court.

An international tribunal is being staged in front of The Hague this weekend to highlight the human rights violations and ecological devastation wreaked by the GMO and chemical giant around the world, as well as to draw attention to the failure of the International Criminal Court (ICC) to bring such corporate criminals to justice.

Recall Clinton admonishing attendees at a June 2014 GMO cartel meeting in San Diego to "make GMOs more appealing to young Americans" who she need to get to vote for her in 2016. 2016 primary results confirm that the cartel did not fullfill her request.

The court of public opinion, at least that part of the court with functioning brain cells, found Monsanto guilty long ago.

The court at the Hague should take andrweboston's suggestion and put the US Empire on trial instead.
MarkJNovitsky should be appointed the judge at that trial.

What do you think about that suggestion CD readers?

The evil empire is the Big Nasty; yet, smaller victories will eventually bring down the empire!
The corporate entity, monsanto, dow, bayer have gotten away with Murder, and environmental destruction for decades! They must be brought to Justice! Shut down, and jailed!

Trump and his foolishness isn't worth the screen time it's being afforded. He loves to play to an audience.

Now this however is real news. Real work by people who deeply care about the world.

My kudos and support go to every human being at the Tribunal.

I say yeah!

Monsanto's monstrous crimes against humanity is as plane as the nose on our face. Pray that the united nations will call them out, shut them down and imprison these criminals no matter how rich or sophisticated they may appear... their hearts are as cold as ice and as dark as the darkest part of hell. May the Lord and only God of Heaven and earth rebuke them. And may all innocent men witness this.

Is international law relevant to the US government and corporate powers? How much do Americans care? In the US, we (those not on the right wing) even shrug over the fact that we stripped our poor the most basic human rights (UN's UDHR) of food and shelter. We want to save the planet, but not reduce/quit private ownership of motor vehicles. On "crimes against planet and humanity," we aren't exactly marching in the streets to end US military aggression. On being bombarded with chemicals, well hey, we grew up listening to the TV ad ramble on about "better life through chemistry." We eat, drink, breath and drink mysterious cocktails of chemicals daily, and watch the campaigns targeting those who use a very narrow range of products, from tobacco to (dare I say it?) Coca Cola, all while there are fingers twitching inches from the nuclear button.

The UN's UDHR lists basic food and shelter as fundamental human rights, even for the jobless poor, and denying these basic rights is a crime against humans. We have been doing this to our surplus population (those who aren't of current use to to employers) for the past 20 years. The international community is more aware of this than our own middle class. Add in our frightening prison system, and the fact that the US has remained engaged in wars almost constantly, almost always by choice, for the past century. The US has zero credibility when it comes to crimes against the people and the planet.

It is with interest that I read and then marvel about just how easy it is to demonize almost any company or individual these techy days. It seems not to be a requirement of social media to actually have policy suggestions about how to make agriculture more productive. Yes, many of you folks seem to get a rush about throwing oranges at apples.
You imagine, with NO DOCUMENTATION, that "GMOs" are bad, and that tiny organic farmers with heritage chickens and early Egyptian varieties of wheat are good, again with NO DOCUMENTATION except blind acceptance of your favorite 'mental koolaid' dispenser.
You imagine, with no documentation, that herbicides are Poison.
The one thing you're good at is literay turns of phrase. because no one will do much more than try to ignore your vacuosness, Poison, Frankenfood, factory farm - - all well turned phrases, stand in stark contrast to modern realities 'on the ground. There! I've ranted! Didn't need to provide any more evidence than you guys - - - except to point to consumer behavior. Grocery chains seem to be doing well. There seem to be more than a few folks using Glyphosate as a chemical hoe and avoiding cultivation of fragile soils

We marvel at your abhorrent, willful blindness - perhaps caused from too much glyphosate in your diet.

My sense is the corrupt capitalists and politicians who've usurped so many government agencies to protect human life from dangerous corporate products, are more concerned with citizen action against their immoral deeds than ISIS. I suspect this is the primary reason for the step up on spying on U.S. citizens - to protect the profits of these ghastly corporations.
It is from the toxic cauldrons of Dow Chemical, Monsanto, Bayer and others; that have delivered to humanity and fragile ecological-systems of our planet - the killing fields. Immense world wide, public citizen action, is mankind's only defense against the narcissistic parasites running these businesses, that not only poison precious habitat but, feverishly undermine democratic avenues for arresting their criminality.
For these "businessmen" despoiling the planet and causing human misery is inconsequential - to keep stock prices moving north.

After Monsanto's Agent Orange destroyed and poisoned, and are still currently poisoning, and destroying South East Asia, for Agent Orange never left, it is still there poisoning, and destroying the South East Asia People, their land, their waterways, the American troops, etc. with horrible cancers, birth defects, and endless horrible deaths, etc. How many American Presidents, and Congress sessions have refused to hold Monsanto's top brass responsible for what happened in South East Asia many years ago? Every stinking American President, and Congress sessions has refused to hold Monsanto's top brass responsible for their evil in South East Asia! I and many of us will never forget what Monsanto did in South East Asia! And, hence the evil still roams the planet!

You seem to think that by SHOUTING you will convince intelligent people that the earth really is FLAT.
Plus your logic is flaky: if as you say there's no evidence, that doesn't prove Monsanto's herbicides etc are not poisonous.
But of course your premise is wrong. There's a lot of well-documented evidence about the effects of these chemicals.
Herbicides are among the pollutants which are routinely found - highly concentrated - in aquifers (groundwater).
And that groundwater is increasingly polluted - including with gas/oil/petrol leaking from aging tanks, heavy metals, and long-lasting radioactive fluids leaching from storage tanks and deliberately injected by the gung-ho fracking industry, etc.
Yet this groundwater, incredibly polluted as it now is after decades of chemically-enhanced agriculture, after more than a half-century of nuclear activity, and over a century of heavy industry, is what we rely on for our drinking water!
So RDT1944 - you run a tap, fill a kettle, boil and re-boil that water a few times, and then, with this cocktail of chemical and industrial nasties suitably concentrated, only then do you drink this sludge, and offer it to a toddler, or pour it into the baby's formula. Because in a few decades this is the stuff your grandchildren may be having to use .
Just look - the evidence is there, lots of it.
Don't forget the disasters of Love Canal, of dioxin, of Bhopal etc.
Big Business - especially Big Pharma - have shown - over and over - that for them what counts is their profits.
We should be saying that people and the planet are of far greater importance than those irresponsible profits.

True and worth saying.
But never forget that that war was fought with US armed forces, with an elected US President making decisions. Backed by - I assume - a majority of Joe Public, conned into supposing the 'enemy' was a dire threat to their 'way of life'.
Like all wars in our crazy capitalist world, it was fought for issues of so-called 'national interest'.
And that - translated - means the interests of big US and other corporations.
Like the arms industry, the chemicals businesses profited from war-mongering. And their share-holders were happy.

CharSkel
October 17

You seem to think that by SHOUTING you will convince intelligent people that the earth really is FLAT.  HMMMMM.
  Plus your logic is flaky: if as you say there's no evidence, that doesn't prove Monsanto's herbicides etc are not poisonous. Just a bit of a loaded word, “poison”. Your literary skill is laudable.
  But of course your premise is wrong. There's a lot of well-documented evidence about the effects of these chemicals. Hmmmm? Specifically Glyphosate, I’m sure you read actual peer reviewed studies. Besides, I’ll take Health Canada over you any day.
  Herbicides are among the pollutants which are routinely found - highly concentrated ( W - in aquifers (groundwater). Yes, we do have good testing devices now. PPB anyone?
  And that groundwater is increasingly polluted - including with gas/oil/petrol leaking from aging tanks, heavy metals, and long-lasting radioactive fluids leaching from storage tanks and deliberately injected by the gung-ho fracking industry, etc. 
  Yet this groundwater, incredibly polluted as it now is after decades of chemically-enhanced agriculture, ‘chemical’ agriculture has benefitted many. The unspoken wish of folks who hate big companies is a world with 3 billion people. Just a tad anti human.after more than a half-century of nuclear activity, and over a century of heavy industry, is what we rely on for our drinking water!
  So RDT1944 - you run a tap, fill a kettle, boil and re-boil that water a few times, and then, with this cocktail of chemical and industrial nasties suitably concentrated, only then do you drink this sludge, and offer it to a toddler, or pour it into the baby's formula. Because in a few decades this is the stuff your grandchildren may be having to use . 
  Just look - the evidence is there, lots of it.
  Don't forget the disasters of Love Canal, of dioxin, of Bhopal etc. 
  Big Business - especially Big Pharma - have shown - over and over - that for them what counts is their profits. Large pharmaceutical companies or any big companiesare a target because they ARE big. I have no need to defend them or bash them. Wikileaks does all that for us. perhaps a bit of envy? We should be saying that people and the planet are of far greater importance than those irresponsible profits.another good turn of phrase. perhaps you should apply for a job as a policy maker.

rawdulse
October 17

If Monsanto and other promoters of GMOs were not so dead set against labeling of their products, you might have a point. Folks who accept or are not put off by GMO technology would then wonder why labeling of a legal, science proven food would need to be labeled. The inescapable implication of labeling is to cause intuitive thoughts.

Why is it they don't want us to know the simple truth? GMOs are fairly new. It can take many years for toxic substances to do their damage. My grandfather died a painful death of cancer due to exposure to DDT decades after it was abolished in the United States. If Monsanto or any other corporation wants to introduce something new and bizarre (bizarre? a sure indication that you have abandoned objectivity and are already not persuadable of GMO safety and value) into our diet, it is up to them to prove it is safe.  

Your research assumption would need to be the assumption that to be GMO is to be toxic -  a very big stretch, especially since you appear to me to be automatically opposed to big companies attempting to improve productivity - - my background is Ag and while farmers may have some Monsanto gripes, they generally accept that GMO crops add productivity. There was one farm fellow who took Monsanto to court. He claimed contamination of his non GMO canola. However, sampling and testing showed the GMO canola was in remarkably straight rows. Anecdotal of course, but it showed that this chap wanted the extra productivity as well as the publicity of the little guy taking on Monsanto.

We do not have to assume it is safe until people start dying unnatural deaths. I’m probably not good at explaining cause and effect, but perhaps that’s a good starting point whenever we have misgivings about an action taken

I must finally say how much I enjoy such discussions, even though we obviously disagree. My ability to explain some aspects of crop science is limited by my having only a Bachelor of science in Ag, a 50 year old degree at that! The Plant science department prof I listened to explaining different methods of improving plant genetics should be on You Tube. His explanation puts in layman’s language or relatively so, what working with plant genes means. It is a reinforcement to me of the safety of the technology even though someone could easily trip me up. Just as I accept the reality of turning on my yardlight without trying to explain how electricity works, I’m at peace with believing (in the absence of new evidence) in GM technology.

Many activists, at their core, oppose anything that has more than an innovative organic farmer’s agronomic skill behind it. I accept both ends of the spectrum.

Thank you for your enthusiastic rebuttal and I’m cool with this continuing a bit.

ON another topic, I have Canadian’s viewpoint on the US election. It is critical for Canada that we watch US political activity. It has a great impact on us. For us to have an impact on the US scene, we’d have to reincarnate John Candy in his role as Uncle Buck and sic him on Mr. Trump!

Dave Whitehead
North Battleford, Saskatchewan. Canada