Home | About | Donate

'Monstrous Behavior': Mnuchin Slammed for Biden 'Snub' That Could Sabotage US Economic Recovery

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/11/20/monstrous-behavior-mnuchin-slammed-biden-snub-could-sabotage-us-economic-recovery

1 Like

Kamala Harris should use her vice presidential powers to force a Biden DOJ to do what she should have done as California attorney general to prosecute this arrogant, snarky, greedy traitor for committing financial crimes against Americans.

12 Likes

That POS asshole Munchin should be in prison not the head of the treasury. There will be no recovery. If one thinks this go to Disneyland, they have some happy attractions. Biden will inherit a big depression, an economy that’s been kept afloat with boatloads of printed Monopoly money from the Fed. It’s poised on the brink of disaster that many–besides myself–have been forecasting for years, since the “recovery” of the '08 meltdown. All propped up on fake money. I can’t wait. I just hope my ‘fake’ SS checks are still good for rent and food. That’s all money really is, ‘faith’, of the US govt.

6 Likes

Nah, she’ll embrace him surreptitiously behind the scenes. She obviously has something on him, or, perhaps, vice versa.

4 Likes

Hmmm…I wonder if Kamala and Mnuchin had a threesome with Willie Brown, lol.

Unless Biden launches Nuremberg style trials on January 21 that bring Trump, his appointees, and other enablers to justice he and Harris will be one termers who accomplish little if anything, while the GOP continues its half century crusade getting away with ever more egregious crimes with each passing year thereby becoming more powerful at the Democrats’ expense.

9 Likes

This has been Trumps end game all along. He knew that if he lost he would need to try and pull the biggest game of three card Monty ever if he had any hope of staying out of jail. His game plan now is what I have been saying for months. He is going to try and burn the whole nation to the ground and hope that, in the chaos, we forget, or lose our stomach, to prosecute him.

Biden and his cronies better be working on something really big, a new New Deal, because they will be inheriting a nation in the worse condition a new administration has ever faced.

11 Likes

There is a word for this type of behavior, TREASON! And the last time I looked, it is one crime which usually carries a death penalty.

6 Likes

The guy is a criminal just like his boss. Had Kamala prosecuted him over mortgage fraud he would have never served in government. But then they wouldn’t be able have drinks together at the new old boys/girls club.

5 Likes

Since when did a criminal record stop Trump from selecting any appointee ?

Not to say that Harris was justified in ignoring Mnuchin’s crimes.

5 Likes

I’d say that Mnuchin is aiming to get hired by Biden.

or at least steered to some very lucrative position as thanks for giving Biden the excuse to impose austerity.

5 Likes

Yes, I’m sure she and old Joe will get right on that. Just like they’ll be ramping up their dynamic economic stimulus/rescue that the nation so desperately needs. The difference between Trump/Pence and Biden/Harris is both real and meaningful, but far less meaningful than it could be and should be. The Biden administration must be scrutinized and opposed every bit as much as the Trump regime, and probably even more so because they’ll be even trickier and sneakier.

7 Likes

How about one thing worse than the death penalty - having to spend the rest of your natural life in a jail cell with…Donald Trump.

4 Likes

Biden is surrounding himself wirh austerity hawks. Look for nothing from him but the middle finger - and Simpson-Bowles 2.0.

7 Likes

You may be on to something. If there is no official “transition”, and a republican controlled senate flat refuses to hold hearings for Biden’s appointees, he may be forced to ask people like Mnuchin and DeVoss to stay on until their seats are filled. It’s happened before.

1 Like

Thanks for bringing that up. Many forget that it was probably the Simpson-Bowles committee that marked the full capitulation of the Democratic Party to Reaganomics.
It’s been downhill ever since, as Simpson-Bowles also marked the final nail in the coffin of the New Deal.

7 Likes

As did Obama, as did Cuomo.

2 Likes

You’re giving him too much credit. He never thought he could lose. He never thought he might have to face justice. He only thought he could game the system like he always has. And he still does.

2 Likes

You have to be kidding? This guy foreclosed illegally and made untold amounts of gold, donated to her campaign and walked free. He gave her a bribe for not prosecuting him. Obama & the Clintons made millions talking to Wall Street millionaires, billionaires and their kind at rubber chicken lunches. These folks are looking to kick the hornet’s nest. The fake out rage by the neocon and corporate dems is laughable just as the swooning admiration of their followers is as pathetic as the poor white people who bought Trump’s con. He never brought the jobs back. They could care less about his financial crimes, they don’t even care about war crimes. JFC.

9 Likes

Or Biden could just make “temporary” appointments, and forget about Toad Face and his fascist senate.

3 Likes