Home | About | Donate

'Monstrous': Trump Blames Migrants for Appalling Conditions at Border Patrol Detention Facilities

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/07/04/monstrous-trump-blames-migrants-appalling-conditions-border-patrol-detention

2 Likes

The textbook definition of terrorism: “The systemic use of terror as a means of coercion.”

17 Likes

"If illegal immigrants are unhappy with the conditions in the quickly built or refitted detentions centers, just tell them not to come," Trump wrote. "All problems solved!"

Of course this was the bigoted moral monster’s plan all along. Recall the answer that the Norwegian woman said to Michael Moore who asked her what she thought of the US America: “I would not want o be your neighbor”. About that “illegal” claim–seriously, can one be “illegal” on stolen land? I think not. Today when too many celebrate the 4th of July not understanding perhaps that it was fought in great measure to keep slavery not only in the original 13 colonies but expand it across the land to accumulate wealth for these soulless settler colonialists you can be the counter force.

18 Likes

Who controls the purse strings on the funding of this program? Did voting those people into office make any difference in what’s being done in OUR name?

2 Likes

It be the greatest patriotic honor of my life to watch this Monster be led into his next.

6 Likes

As the USA looks into the mirror for reflection on this The Fourth of July it sees an overgrown, overripe, orange pustule so full of self loathing as to inspire new psychiatric diagnoses in the future. Still, its base will applaud the creature’s contemptuous attitudes and actions. I hope it reaches the end soon and that it is slow, painful, and captured on video for my personal purposes of schadenfreude. I bear no sense of guilt nor shame over my instincts, for they have been cultivated by the Evil One himself.

9 Likes

You know, it’s almost as if Trumpenfurher is intentionally using these imprisoned children as a means to further inflame the divisions he has already created in our society. He’s just itching to pit his “badass” (snicker) base against the rest of society as yet another means to inflate his grotesque ego. Just a thought. One thing for sure anyone who would treat an animal the way Trump and Border Patrol are treating these kids would be facing felony animal cruelty charges yet despite the obvious fact that Trump doesn’t possess a thread of morality or human decency the evangelicals believe God specifically selected him to lead this country. How totally warped.

16 Likes

Texas separated from Mexico because Mexico outlawed slavery and the American settlers wanted a slave based agricultural commodity economy.

8 Likes

In other countries “refugee camps” are the system used. That would be more humane than what is done here.

3 Likes

Meanwhile most of my neighbors will be flying the flag celebrating this day and I will be flying my peace flag. If you asked people about how we took the land from the Indians, most would not have a clue nor would they know that this country was built on the backs of slaves.

5 Likes

Wise Owl. Your words are so straight forward and deliver a powerful message. If only people that voted for this orange haired power driven monster, wake up and realize the mistake they made.

2 Likes

This bears repeating - The utter lack of humility, wisdom, integrity, honor, empathy, and intelligence in this odious, cretinous, pathetic excuse for a human being inspires nothing but contempt, loathing, astonishment, and anger at every action his malignant mind and regime vomit forth on our worlds peoples and planet! He isn’t worth spit!

The lack of legions of courageous people of integrity in high places challenging in no uncertain terms the evil morons words and actions runs a very close second! Notably the “opposition” party “leadership”. That lack must be filled by millions of people in the streets opposing this criminal madness!

Every moronic, pathological word spoken by this hideous gasbag is an affront to life on Earth itself…

6 Likes

What is also monstrous is the fact that tens of millions of Uh-meriKKKans continue to support this piece of putrid scum like they would a cult leader. Every justified criticism of this serial sexual predator, right-wing ideologue and incompetent fuckup is met with the ridiculous answer that it is all “fake news”. I am deeply ashamed of my country.
Trumpo the Klown is the real-life version of “Buzz” Windrip from the mid-1930s novel “It Can’t Happen Here” which described the rise of a “populist” who was elected president and then revealed himself as a fascist.

2 Likes

Correct. And idiots in the U.S. who know little of their own country’s history continue to glorify the American “heroes” who fought Santa Ana’s army at the Battle of the Alamo.

1 Like

Yep–absolutely right.

1 Like

My sign is simple: America Lower Your Flags and Raise Your Conscience.

7 Likes

Murka refined the art of blaming the victims while rewarding the perps long before Trump became President Swamp Gas (PSG). PSG is just taking it to the next level where its more in our face than ever before.

4 Likes

How about we give ourselves a break from this bigot today and celebrate the birthday of Louis Armstrong?

4 Likes

Trump also attempted to justify the squalid conditions at detention facilities by claiming they are “far better” and “far safer” than the environment migrants fled.

The environment the migrants (refugees seeking asylum) fled are beyond horrific and terrifying. Just because the squalid conditions at detention facilities are better, does not make them safe and humane.

Trump, Miller and Barr need to be indicted for conspiracy to commit kidnapping.

“Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe.”
― Frederick Douglass

5 Likes