Home | About | Donate

Month After Getting $3.5 Billion Tax Break From Trump, Bank of America Hikes Fees on Poorest Customers

Month After Getting $3.5 Billion Tax Break From Trump, Bank of America Hikes Fees on Poorest Customers

Julia Conley, staff writer
Online checking accounts, popular with low-income customers, may now be off-limits to many who can't afford new fees

In what reality must this “not” be against the law?

I closed my Barf of America account 3 years ago because of their ties to corrupt business practices.

To anyone reading this: Support your local banks and credit unions. Fuck BofA and “pull out”, like I wish Donald Trump’s father had.

Amen to PonyBoy’s posting. Why the hell do consumers do business with banks like BofA. There are plenty of small community banks and credit unions that actually care about their customers in ways that the mega banks will never do. BofA is one of the most criminally corrupt institutions in the USA. Stop enabling these god damn criminals by doing business with them.

Credit Unions!

Can you guess who the true enemy of America is? It’s not Russia, China, Iran Venezuela or Cuba.
I have always suspected the real enemy of America to be people like Trump and most of the corrupt Congress members.

That last line in your great post is a classic!

from 2014…has anything changed???

Everyone, please…Boycott Big Banks!

Indeed, the real enemies of Democracy live right here among us, including the “alt-right”.

I believe that Bank of America started in San Francisco where it was called: The Bank of Italy. Too bad they changed their name since their old name was so much more appropriate!

Methinks PonyBoy won the internet today…:wink:

Its not just the Bank of America. Ever since Trump was elected all of the other too-big-to-fail banks have steeply increased fees. They didn’t even wait for the GOP’s Inequality Exacerbation Act disguised as “tax reform”. My friends who have 401k and other retirement accounts have also seen steep fee increases during the past year.

During the Dubya years Senator Dick Durbin, in referring to the big banks…“they own Washington DC”. Since then it just keeps getting better for big banks at the expense of the rest of us.

America’s greatest enemy is U.S.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I’ll be performing all week.

There is a class war going on in America culminating in right-wing fascist actions against the working class. We have now reached the stage of unadulterated fascism and here’s what’s in store for us:

BoA is a business. It can charge whatever it chooses.

That is also one of the reasons I don’t do any business with them. My accounts are all with credit unions or smaller, local banks where you know the people and know what the heck they’re doing with your money.

Starve BoA - bank locally.

I belong to a credit union, thank goodness. I feel sorry for the poor that don’t get the option of joining a non-profit credit union, the best answer to vampire banks. Again, fees are regressive on the poor, they lose a bigger percentage of their meager pay just to have an account. Will this rape of the poor ever stop? These clowns in charge have no clue what it’s like being poor. A few should have to live on $8.00 an hour for a year just to see how hard it is these days.

I ended banking with BoA a long time ago and I don’t miss it.

If you do bank with them, try reminding them of the billions of dollars in illegal fees they had to pay back. Well, mostly pay back with our help.

And like, who making slave wages that bankers pay workers can afford to buy stocks, prey tell? Tellers make little more than minimum wage in most cases. Yeah a $1000 sounds like a lot until you consider the bonuses paid to the CEO’s are more than the 10,000 bonuses of the ones paid to workers. That’s if the bonus is 10 million. More bonus, more workers. Oh yeah, that’s a one shot affair, The board and CEO’s get that every year.

I filed a bankruptcy with over a 1K debt to them. I haven’t used credit since and don’t miss it. I’m poor too. While working I never even made $11 an hour usually far less.