Home | About | Donate

'Moral and Intellectual Bankruptcy': Trump Seizes on Bush-Era Torture Memo Author John Yoo's Call for Extralegal Executive Authority

This from the article. BUT why didn’t the International Court of Justice in the Hauge take any action either?

4 Likes

The President of the USA must enforce federal laws as is his executive requirement.
He cannot choose to ignore federal firearms laws nor any other.

I believe saudi arabia has refined beheading to a fine art. (Especially on fridays.)

Our people in leadership positions around the country can no longer hide out. They can’t pretend that there is nothing they can do about trump. You are either with him or against him. No pretending righties.

Thanks Obama. That looking forward thing is working out swell.

6 Likes

My belly laugh of the day. Thanx.

1 Like

Unfortunately, Yoo now occupies an endowed chair at UC Berkeley’s Boalt Hall Law School, so not only is he not going away any time soon, he’s also indoctrinating young lawyers-to-be.

4 Likes

America has elected a traitor! A man guilty of treason and has chosen to ignore his sacred Oath to uphold the Constitution of the U.S.

2 Likes

Can’t help thinking that, possibly, This had something to do with Bernie dropping out

1 Like

From another angle - He WAS looking forward, and setting up what’s happening today.

They use to say he was playing chess.
I used to say if he was playing chess, WE were the opponents. Most people didn’t realize it at the time. Some still dont

2 Likes

Tar and Feathering and ridden to the edge of town on a wooden rail.

Second degree burns will remind them that pain is “real” and not just another abstraction they can deflect with impunity,.

The violence they are fomenting is terrifying.

When this nightmare finally comes to some kind of conclusion there can no longer be the “we must look to the future and ignore the horrors that we’ve allowed” to happen again.

1 Like

“Trump permit.”

Yoo shows just how deep fascism runs in our system. The fact that he is still walking free also proves it.

3 Likes

We have long known that it’s bankrupt in every conceivable way.
But here we are.

“…You knew I was a snake when you let me in…”

1 Like

Note how the right-wing continues to use and get away with the “liberal Berkeley” trope.

Sure he can.

I have no proof, but it would not surprise me.

1 Like

It has always run deep and the Nazi and war criminal Kissinger is further proof of it, Kissinger should have been locked up a long time ago! The fascism is just more transparent now.

4 Likes

High-ranking members of the “Mission Accomplished Society.”

1 Like

The republican party–fox “news”-----WSJ—are all complicit in backing Trump

1 Like

Good point. Shrub imho, started this “bad stuff in your face” with impunity. Trump is ridiculously adept at it. Daddy Bush, another war criminal and non war criminal was more secretive and nearly as bad as the disgusting Kissinger.

3 Likes