Home | About | Donate

Moral Corrosion of Drone Warfare

Moral Corrosion of Drone Warfare

Ray McGovern

Required by court order to appear before a judge in Syracuse, New York, on July 12, some out-of-towners had already arrived there when the court granted the prosecution’s last-minute request for more time to prepare its case against us, the Jerry Berrigan Brigade, for our nonviolent witness against drone warfare on Jan. 28, 2016. A trial date is likely to be set in a month or two, or perhaps three (so much for our Sixth Amendment right to a speedy trial).

What is wrong with us?

Good piece but the image is a fake; see

Thanks to Ray McGovern and activists like Jerry Berrigan who dedicated themselves to resist and fight war and the war machine! We all owe them a debt - and to try to approach their great activism......

We have been deceived, a long time ago. This is not democracy, this is oligarchy, with the main business being armaments, just as Eisenhower warned.

With this story about the positive influence of religion on society, we see that brave and principled Christians can make moral statements, can protest and dissent, as is the American way. Jimmy Carter is another example.

Thank God for those Berrigan brothers. The principled men are always the dissenters, it seems. Thank you Ray McGovern for printing the truth.

Interesting

Powerful and inspiring commentary, Ray. Thank you for your witness.

"Indifference to Evil is more Insidious than Evil itself."

That is why support for the "Lesser of Two Evils" still facilitates Evil.

A Moral Person finally decides "I can't".

Good article. I believe the original article stated "Three seconds" not "Three minutes."

Excellent article. My only concern is that it seems to have no place for those people of conscience who are not believers in some fictional god or other. Is there a place for caring non-believers in this struggle? Why haven't those of us who share the moral outrage been unable to form the sorts of supportive communities that would allow similar and ongoing actions?