Home | About | Donate

'Morally Bankrupt' Budget: After $1.5 Trillion Gift to Rich, Trump Demands $1.7 Trillion in Safety Net Cuts

It will be “state sponsored manslaughter” when someone dies from what they are doing. Murder has to be through direct action one on one, that sort of thing but this is manslaughter and I have used the term before, here and other places as well during the fight over the ACA mess.

The Dalai Lama devoted a book on Karma and Compassion. Personal karma can be changed once delusions are recognized and corrected. Mass karma is a different animal and I haven’t a clue, you pose an interesting vision. Are we now paying for the damage we have done to others? A valid question, one I will spend some time on being a Buddhist. Another question arises, does the growing progressive movement figure into the balance? Ying and Yang are very flexible and in truth, not stable. What % does it play?

During the “Cold War” there were many articles published by politicians, think-tanks, and military pundits discussing nuclear war with the CCCP. It was thought by many that we (US) could “win” a nuclear war with Russia if we used our first strike capabilities, with the casualties here being only fifteen to twenty megadeaths. The Russians would suffer over a hundred.
*That term, megadeaths, doesn’t have the same impact as saying we could win a war by only losing fifteen to twenty million people versus slaughtering over a hundred million people in Russia in a nuclear exchange.
*To me, that is not strategic, it is immoral, insane, to even consider such things, but I am sure that such things are still discussed in the fetid swamps of political and military planning. There are few, if any studies that point out the savings that could come about if peace were waged instead of war.
*After all, war is a definite profit maker whereas peace would require thought, effort, investment, change. Too risky when you think of the instant profits in arming and rearming just a few bombers with the fires of Hell.
;-})

Gee, I seem to recall the Orange Prick saying over and over again on the campaign trail that he would not cut Medicare, Medicaid, food stamps, social security, etc.

Let me guess: his 40% of moronic worshippers don’t care that he broke this promise also, impacting a lot of them directly. What a deluded bunch of idiots you are, MAGA-whores.

Agree with every word you wrote. Sad that so many tens of millions of 'Muricans will just continue blithely supporting their Teams after the last few years, when both Teams have been revealed as the bankrupt, lying, corrupt, sleazy cults that they are.

Some people won’t learn not to touch the stove no matter how many times they get burned.

If America was originally founded on the principles of government of the people by the people and for the people then how do we explain what we have now? It’s nice for ambitious energetic harder workers to enjoy more prosperity than those who aren’t. But for those few who attain fabulous wealth to not only ignore but even shun the less fortunate and knowingly remain idle as they die… God’s law of Karma is not ignorant. Here are a few words from Jesus, food for thought for all: Matthew 5: 3-12
"Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of Heaven. (Matthew 5:3)
Blessed are those who mourn: for they will be comforted. (5:4)
Blessed are the meek: for they will inherit the earth. (5:5)
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness: for they will be filled. (5:6)
Blessed are the merciful: for they will be shown mercy. (5:7)
Blessed are the pure in heart: for they will see God. (5:8)
Blessed are the peacemakers: for they will be called children of God. (5:9)
Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. (5:10)
Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

From my writing some may ask, “Why do you believe in God, don’t you know He’s dead?” I have reason to believe He is not, and if there is an escape from this misery of Earthly life I want it. Even if I was stinking rich but had to endure the hatred of my fellow human beings over it, I would prefer to escape; to graduate. Wouldn’t you? Escape is by means of peace, compassion and unification with all of humanity, all of Creation. Greed, neglect and exploitation of others will not take us there. Neither will war and killing.

Have we reached our collective critical mass? Time for some serious disruption: Boycotts followed by total, rolling, non cooperation starting in our major cities.

And plenty of money over 20 billion for private schools .

Let me know when you start. I also think that all citizens need to give service ( required) to country- building schools , infrastructure, saving the environment( away from the military). This is OUR country- really it belongs to Mother Nature not the big corporations. Let’s put our heads together. I already do not shop at big box stores, and we grow a garden and donate to soup kitchens. Regular stuff. How about this also? Years ago, there were no such entities called nursing homes and assisted living. In the mean time, people lose their jobs for taking care of their aging parents.

America was not founded by the Europeans- the tribal people already resided here- it was called Turtle Island.

JFK’s military staff wanted him to approve a nuclear strike on Russia. They told him that the millions of American dead from a return strike was acceptable. JFK got up and walked out on them. The military is still lusting for a chance to use their nuclear bombs.

Funny how you mention teams. More people cared about the superbowl than climate change.

Millions of American dead? What fools- what they should say is millions of dead humans and other animals- yes, that is right. The military and their contracts- sick stuff.

What I have been told is that mass karma is the collective conscience of a nation.

And they also called it “ours”–not “theirs”. :wink:

Remember the majority of them are zillionaires, and do not want to pay taxes. When is this A hat going to be impeached- he has already broken the emoluments clause.

If you’re still waiting for that - it’s not going to happen. Stock market is doing too well! Still we can try- BTW I already received an e mail from our rep in congress’ aid. She said that she would pass the idea of government service to him. I have been calling about that for almost twenty years! More people need to do this. This is about the state of the country and for the people to come together to actually do something that is necessary - imagine if you will someone who has a landscaping company doing his or her time of service - imagine the work we can get done instead of bills sitting on idiot’s desks, Other countries have this. I think Italy and Spain have this. Israel has this ( besides military) and other countries. Division between peoples invites authoritarianism.

I’ll try to dig it up but congress did actually make homeland security laws about sociopaths last year. It wasn’t banning them from public office though. I believe it had to do with prison sentences. It’s a start.

I agree with you, dissent, but what is the American people to do? Please do not say to vote for the less evil, they are both evil. The way elections are set up, candidates are chosen by party bigwigs, third parties do not have a chance and the people’s choice may be over-turned by the EC. There is great anger in this country, but I fear that this anger is misplaced. It is not the fault of seniors, immigrants, gays, Africa Americans, the poor, etc that American lives are in the toilet. There just does not seem to be an escape from this hell.
Yes, I voted! and I will again.