Home | About | Donate

More Arms to Saudi Arabia: More Mideast Conflicts

More Arms to Saudi Arabia: More Mideast Conflicts

William Hartung

According to a report released this week by the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI), arms deliveries to Saudi Arabia have increased by an astonishing 279% between 2011 and 2015, compared with the prior five-year period. More then three quarters of the weaponry came from the U.S. and the United Kingdom.

"Common sense and simple justice demand that the United States and its European allies acknowledge the disastrous results of pumping up an increasingly aggressive Saudi regime."

Some people never learn.....wonderful massive profits from the arms trade feeding war, atrocities, and deaths of millions.....

Just insert the Saudi war criminals, their suppliers & US war-machine, and Yemen's civilians as the victims....among other co-conspirators and victims.....

"Come on Wall Street, don't be slow,
Why man, this is war au-go-go
There's plenty good money to be made
By supplying the Army with the tools of its trade,
But just hope and pray that if they drop the bomb,
They drop it on the Viet Cong.

And it's one, two, three,
What are we fighting for ?
Don't ask me, I don't give a damn,
Next stop is Vietnam.
And it's five, six, seven,
Open up the pearly gates,
Well there ain't no time to wonder why
Whoopee! we're all gonna die.

Well, come on generals, let's move fast;
Your big chance has come at last.
Now you can go out and get those reds
'Cause the only good commie is the one that's dead
And you know that peace can only be won
When we've blown 'em all to kingdom come."
- Country Joe & the Fish

"Common sense and simple justice demand that the United States and its European allies acknowledge the disastrous results of pumping up an increasingly aggressive Saudi regime."

Common sense and simple justice aren't very well represented in our government, now are they?

"Common sense and simple justice." Thanks for the laugh. Coming from the sociopaths running the US?

"Although the Obama administration has called for diplomacy and restraint, these words ring hollow given the centrality of U.S. arms and logistical support to the Saudi military campaign."

Bingo!

And this:

"In December, the Saudis announced the formation of a 34-nation anti-terror coalition, and earlier this month there was a 20-nation military exercise in the kingdom that the official Saudi news agency dubbed “the largest in the region’s history.”

The Bush Junta set the precedent: by calling any group that the dominant group views as a problem a terrorist organization, said dominant group is then "free" to bomb the ca-ca out of them.

The Saudis don't just want to purchase all those sexed up weapons. They need a cause to use them. After all, those selling all of the hardware no doubt jazz up all its uses and Kill-Power; and the Saudis see the U.S. armed forces blowing up people in a variety of nations. They want to join "all the fun," Mars-rules style.

British Blues Rocker Alvin Lee got it right back in 1971, 3 years before the Vietnam War finally ended.......
"Tax the rich, feed the poor, till there are no rich no more"-

Ten Years After- "I'd Love to Change the World"

Everywhere is freaks and hairies
Dykes and fairies, tell me where is sanity
Tax the rich, feed the poor
'Til there are no rich no more
I'd love to change the world
But I don't know what to do
So I'll leave it up to you
Population keeps on breeding
Nation bleeding, still more feeding economy
Life is funny, skies are sunny
Bees make honey, who needs money, No none for me
Oh yeah!
World pollution, there's no solution
Institution, electrocution
Just black and white, rich or poor
Senators stop the war

Song Written by Alvin Lee, who also was Lead Singer and Lead Guitar with band- "Ten Years After"-

Although Israel is not on the UN Security Council, it surely would fall into your list as A major arms merchant- Israel is real big on Drone development- They use Palestinians as their Lab Rats while "mowing the Grass"- Some very sick people with A very sick leader named Netanyahu....

As I heard somewhere, it was Saudi Arabia who engineered the drop in oil prices releasing it at a low price to help destroy the US fracking industry wherein oil is more expensive to produce. Not that that is a bad thing. They do not want an oil independent USA, they want the US to be in their pocket.