Home | About | Donate

'More Evidence Trump Is Scared of the NRA': White House Retreats From Raising Gun Purchasing Age

'More Evidence Trump Is Scared of the NRA': White House Retreats From Raising Gun Purchasing Age

Jake Johnson, staff writer

It took President Donald Trump less than a month to go from taunting lawmakers for being afraid of the National Rifle Association (NRA) to submitting to the gun lobby himself.

You can’t buy a pack of cigarettes until you are 21, but you can buy an AR15 at 18.
The nation needs to rise up against the NRA which wields some very aggressive power.
Where does it come from? CIA , Koch Bros./ALEC?

CIA used the NRA to target liberals and moderates in both GOP and Dem Party in the
1970’s to get rid of those who were investigating the CIA and a threat to it.

Tell me again how 82% of the public can support this, but politicians cannot vote on their behalf. Tell me again why the citizens keep participating in an electoral system that has NOTHING to do with representing them. It’s long past time for massive boycotts and general strikes against the corporations and oligarchs who own the USA now.

Wayne LaPierre to Trump…"Remember what happened to that Kennedy guy? "

I bet Trump hears that a lot, “completely inadequate”, you know from the women he’s been intimate with.

Nothing inadequate about $130k (assuming that’s what you’re referring to ;)).

Trump: “On 18 to 21 Age Limits, watching court cases and rulings before acting.” Taking the cautious route, deferential to the courts that he didn’t take when he tried to ban Muslims and transgendered troops.

Not that I agree with the tobacco laws, but there’s no Constitutional amendment guaranteeing our right to smoke cigarettes won’t be infringed.
If 18 is the legal age of adulthood, then that’s the age in which your legal rights apply. Period.

It’s not just the NRA. All the NRA does is act to ensure that the rights of ALL citizens to keep & bear arms is not infringed (kinda sad it requires such an organization, when the rules all politicians, judges, & cops swear an oath to follow explicitly forbids them from infringing upon that right anyhow; but I digress). But there are tens of millions of other Americans (many of whom vote) who would prefer to not have their right to bear arms trampled. It’s probably them as well who Trump (& other politicians) are afraid of.

Of course a democratic nation would have tobacco laws to protect citizens and to
protect what we have of a Medicare System from the impact of former smokers who
now have cancer.

We also have a CDC allegedly dedicated toprotecting citizens’ health - once again
barred from reporting on the danger of guns to the nation’s physical and psychological
health by the GOP working for the NRA’s interests in return for the bribes they’re paid
by the NRA.

Age of majority should not be confused with the age of sexual consent, marriageable age, school leaving age, drinking age, driving age, voting age, smoking age, gambling age, etc., which each may be independent of and set at a different age from the age of majority.

Obviously, it’s common to set different ages based in the risks – it should be 25 to be able to buy a gun and 25 to enter the military.

I believe adulthood in US was once 21 – but there continues to be justification for 16 year olds to be able to vote as US/CIA continues to involve us overnight with new wars, but since Vietnam it’s been 18 years of age to vote here.

For more than 100 years the Supreme Court supported the original interpretation of the 2nd amendment, which INCLUDED recognition of the intent of the Amendment to relate “bearing arms” to a militia for the protection of States. Only recently, with the bullying and illegitimate political power of the NRA/Koch Bros. over the citizens of the US, the Supreme Court in its own corruption also surrendered to the NRA. Many of the appointments to the Supreme Court should be challenged – and we could begin with our pervert on the Supreme Court – Clarence Thomas.

Roberts, of course, aided the 2000 rigging of the Election by working to stop the vote counting in Miami-Dade County ordered by Florida’s State Supreme Court which earned him his appointment as “Chief Justice.” Roberts guided the fascist rally at the Miami-Dade Election Headquarters which did actually stop the vote counting – with absolutely no interference from Florida State police.

We can continue on with this right wing fascism, or we can begin to understand the threat of fascism to democracy which has been with us since the before the end of WWII as the control of our nation passed into the hands of the CIA fascists.