Home | About | Donate

More Proof Trump EPA 'Working for Coal Millionaires' as EPA Plan to Weaken Mercury Regulations Revealed

More Proof Trump EPA 'Working for Coal Millionaires' as EPA Plan to Weaken Mercury Regulations Revealed

Julia Conley, staff writer

A new proposal by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) would weaken a rule regulating toxic pollutants--including mercury emissions from coal-fired power plants—by eliminating government mandates that currently allow regulators to look at the health and environmental costs stemming from industrial waste and emissions.

1 Like

The antonym for progressive is regressive–not conservative.

3 Likes

They just don’t care if these relaxed regulations kill a few thousand more of us every year.

4 Likes

Don’t care? I think they’re counting on it to “decrease the surplus population,” as Ebenezer Scrooge once advised.

5 Likes

‘Dark Money’, a new documentary premiering tonight on PBS, dissecting the influences that are strangling US democracy…

5 Likes

Why no update on the coal ash holding pond at Sutton Plant that breached during Florence.

Last report before news blackout of the subject was that the holding pond had breached it’s banks.

Not to mention the tons of hog waste.

Gotta be a blackout

10 Likes

Thanks, I’ll check it out. In the meantime, I’m about 150 pages into the book by the same name by Jane Mayer (from which I assume the PBS doc is derived). It’s a good read, naming names, and dovetails nicely with Prof. Nancy MacLean’s “Democracy in Chains.”

1 Like

You’re welcome. There is also an article about the documentary in TI…

Good point!

1 Like

And I would add that if Trump gets selected in 2020 folks: WE HAVE NOT SEEN ANYTHING YET!

1 Like

Quoting Ebenezer Scrooge was perfect.

1 Like

Let’s look at the bright side:

Wheeler and his family will have enough money now to join the Washington D.C. Corruption Yacht Club where he can party with the all the cabinet members, big business, evangelicals, Kavinaugh, and most of congress. Pruitt will be there!

More air pollution makes for colorful sunsets.

They’ll have more to celebrate at the trump rallies. Since mercury affects the brain, more stupid people means more trump supporters. Goody for them.

2 Likes

Coal millionaires like Koch who don’t care if they kill us – and same for GOP.

2 Likes

Steven – Thank you –

Another reason why the Trump/GOP may be rushing 1,000 new attacks on
democracy and the planet – doesn’t give us time to actually review reports like this
and understand what they mean to Nature/planet.

We are only at the moment feeling the effects of harm to nature up to about 1968 …
everything will happen faster and with more severity in future.

Repeating your links –

Temperatures look set for a steep rise within years, as we now are fully in the danger zone 1.

arctic-news.blogspot.com

2 Likes

Yes, very true. Trump is not the disease but the result of the disease. In my view, the only antidote for this Amerikan, miasma is to eradicate the disease before it is too late and the patient dies!

4 Likes

Thanks for the link. I agree and one has to wonder if Trump loses in 2020, will he call it “FAKE NEWS”!

1 Like

Republicans doing what they have always done; nothing new here, at all.

3 Likes

Wonder how we do that.

1 Like

Of blackouts: There is a new revelation about Flint in Michael Moore’s new film, and it is not about water (though he covers that, too).

5 Likes

What coal ash holding pond? Don’t see no coal ash, God just washed it away.

4 Likes