Home | About | Donate

More Upsets on the Horizon? 'Yuuuge' Turnout Could Hand Sanders Big Wins on Tuesday

On April 26 I will vote for Sanders -- today I can only hope that tomorrow more do than vote for Clinton.

It's deeply disappointing that Sen. Sanders took a leap to the right, dumping his former advocacy for the poor and poverty relief programs. Out here in the real world, we're stuck with reality. Not everyone can work, and there aren't jobs for all. The US shipped out a massive number of jobs since the 1980s (and they're still being shipped out), ended actual welfare in the 1990s, and liberals have promoted middle class elitism ever since.

Our own 20th century history is a clear record showing why it's impossible to save, much less to rebuild, the middle class without shoring up the poor. The middle class are now under 50% of the population. Sen. Sanders indicates his support for maintaining the laissez-faire capitalism that has been costing lives. I can't support that.

FLYIN A ! Bernie and Danny, what a great pair of beautiful characters. This photo just made my day!

Hopefully tomorrow we will see the huge turnouts needed to carry on with our political revolution so brilliantly led by Bernie Sanders! Here's to all the Sandernistas!

The poor have indeed gotten a very short end of the stick and are forced to pay and pay, along with the middle-class for the greed and usury and abuses by the uber-wealthy and their corrupt complicit politicians.

• BUT - how in the blankety-blank do you back-up "Sanders leap to the right" and "Sen. Sanders indicates his support for maintaining the laissez-faire capitalism" ? "Indicates" ? - for flyin out loud, Sanders has done more in the last year to bring down many aspects of Vulture capitalism and banker/Wall Street than almost any other politician in memory! What are you talkin about specifically and where is the evidence to back up your assertions? - They are just a BS tear-down!

http://www.ontheissues.org/2016/Bernie_Sanders_Welfare_+_Poverty.htm

Oh, please... shove your scripted lines where the sun don't shine... or do you think Trump will give poor people as much as crumbs? Ditto Cruz?

So after you pushed this lie a hundred times in these threads, you recently grudgingly acknowledged that Sanders DOES fight for the poor.

But now, here you are again, lying again. And as always, NO CITATION OR EVIDENCE, just your lie.

Sanders fights for the poor.

Who is DHFabian fighting for with this campaign of lies?

I'd like to think Florida will--as per Spike Lee's title--"Do The Right Thing."

However, the disenfranchisement of 10% of Florida voters is a problem and it's unique to this odd state, a state that played a disastrous role in giving this nation the initial thrust of the Bush Junta.

Watch this:

http://www.democracynow.org/2016/3/14/thanks_to_jim_crow_era_law?autostart=true

I do believe that one has to be a registered Democrat to vote in the Ohio Democratic Primary, unlike what CBS-St. Louis said . . .

It seems to me that supporting an increase in the minimum wage is advocating for the poor. Doesn't Trump think the US is losing jobs because the minimum wage is too high? I guess we could reduce the minimum wage to under a dollar and that would create jobs. Probably the Republicans in Congress would support that. They certainly haven't supported raising the minimum wage.

Tonight Bernie will be at the historic Auditorium Theater in Chicago. In 1912, Teddy Roosevelt famously told the Auditorium crowd, he felt "as strong as a bull moose", during his controversial run for an additional term as United States' president.

Bernie, in the spirit of old Teddy, Raise the roof over there tonight.

You are just so full of it. Sanders has addressed the issue of poverty again and again and again, but you are just so intent on perpetuating your own particular propaganda.

From Sanders website points he makes time and time again…

The reality is that since the mid-1980s there has been an enormous transfer of wealth from the middle class and the poor to the wealthiest people in this country. That is the Robin Hood principle in reverse. That is unacceptable and that has got to change.

This campaign is sending a message to the billionaire class: “you can’t have it all.” You can’t get huge tax breaks while children in this country go hungry. You can’t continue sending our jobs to China while millions are looking for work. You can’t hide your profits in the Cayman Islands and other tax havens, while there are massive unmet needs on every corner of this nation. Your greed has got to end. You cannot take advantage of all the benefits of America, if you refuse to accept your responsibilities as Americans

There is something profoundly wrong when we have a proliferation of millionaires and billionaires at the same time as millions of Americans work longer hours for lower wages and we have the highest childhood poverty rate of nearly any developed country on earth.

And quoting Pope Francis on his website…

Just as the commandment ‘Thou shalt not kill’ sets a clear limit in order to safeguard the value of human life, today we also have to say ‘thou shalt not’ to an economy of exclusion and inequality. Such an economy kills. How can it be that it is not a news item when an elderly homeless person dies of exposure, but it is news when the stock market loses two points?” – Pope Francis

I think it is evident that your presence here has always been about diminishing the OWS message that corporate governance has taken over this country and driving historic inequities as a means of wealth transfer to the very top.

You have consistently disparaged the middle class (largely disappeared at this point) by making the argument that they were the driving force creating these vast inequities, which of course is a ridiculous argument given the fact that the middle class was intentionally lied to by the same corporate class of individuals who set out to screw the middle class while creating and perpetuating social divisions through right wing media.

You are correct that many in the middle class have not supported the poor, and have actually favored eliminating subsidies, etc. However that political movement was inspired by the corporate class to begin with.

The same corporate class structure that Sanders consistently calls out and is trying to build a movement against.

But here you are, spreading intentional lies in an effort to dampen Sanders's consistent message. Sanders, the only presidential candidate that is a true advocate of the poor, and of those desperately needing relief from what has become the pressures of barely getting by, not being able to afford medical care, getting saddled with student loan debt, the school to prison pipeline, a broken criminal justice system disproportionately targeting in particular African Americans, and on and on.

But no, you intentionally ejaculate your particular brand of propaganda onto this forum and to what end exactly?

What in the world are you talking about? Your comment is just nonsense.

Nope, Ohio has open primaries, you don't have to be signed with any party to participate.

May the Force be with you, Senator Sanders! Let's hope the headlines after votes are tallied on Tuesday read VICTORY for SANDERS across the board.

I will be jumping for joy if Bernie pulls out a victory in Illinois on 3/15/16. He is an amazing candidate. All I need to do is see how he is funding his campaign compared to his corporate opponent. I am so proud of my fellow americans that have donated to this historic campaign.

Glad to see DeVito here in MO betting on the best thing going.

I'll be at the polls tomorrow, as will my partner doing the same.

Go sanity!

Bernie himself grew up in relative poverty and it a subject he cares deeply about and I believe he will bring a change for the better for the many.

Go Bernie!

Logic tells me if huge crowds drawn to the Democratic primaries, the majority would be Sanders supporters. I just can not conceive of a scenario where people who might not otherwise have voted would vote out of a motivation to support Clinton or oppose Sanders.

Had Clinton this type of support it would have shown against Obama.

I note with interest that sensing danger Clinton tries to change the focus of her campaign.

What is she going to do , state "the record is clear I have always opposed free trade deals" ?

Her comments in the past and her record as a legislator wherein she supported endless wars and the enrichment of her pals on Wall Street are part of the public record.

She can not just dip her hands into a bowl and wash away that guilt.

An increases in the minimum wage does not always help the poor. When companies are forced to pay their employees more, they also choose to raise their prices to pay for the increase in labor expenses which leads to inflation and makes it harder for poor people to afford the things they need. Raising the minimum wage will help temporarily, but after prices catch up the minimum wage employees will be just as poor as they were in the first place. It only creates a cyclical self-perpetuating problem that will never get solved. Having a minimum wage at all is a policy designed to keep people down. The economy fluctuates, but their wage doesn't. That makes it so much easier for people to profit off of another person's life. It is called "wage slavery". Capitalism only supports the people the system needs. If the system needs you, then it employs you. The rest get left out in the cold.