Home | About | Donate

Mothers Renew Hunger Strike Over 'Absolutely Horrendous' Confinement at Immigration Prison

Mothers Renew Hunger Strike Over 'Absolutely Horrendous' Confinement at Immigration Prison

Sarah Lazare, staff writer

For the second time this spring, mothers held in a southern Texas privately-run immigrant detention center with their children have staged a hunger strike and work stoppage to protest their inhumane conditions of confinement and demand immediate release for themselves and their families.

I have a fabulous idea. Let's ship them back to where they came from so thay can apply to come here LEGALLY. Works for me!

"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me.."

So I can lock them up and abuse them.

Most are coming from countries made more dangerous and with greater economic inequality due to U.S. interventions.

They come here because it looks like a way out of the hells the U.S. created in their home countries.

They should come LEGALLY! Those "huddled masses" came through Ellis Island if I remember my history correctly. They came LEGALLY! I am not anti-immigration but rather anti-illegal immigration. No more unaccompanied children or illegal aliens. I want my tax dollars, however few are allotted, to help CITIZENS, not fund welfare for non citizens(otherwise known as ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS)

These are U.S. chickens coming home to roost. I'm more concerned about the illegal U.S. 'interventions' in Latin America than I am in trying to deny help to those fleeing the impact of those actions.

Google 'Iran-Contra' and 'U.S. overthrow Latin America' to get a better understanding of the issue.