Home | About | Donate

Mural Resistance: Judge Rules If Trump Can Spout Obscenities, So Can Artists

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/further/2019/07/10/mural-resistance-judge-rules-if-trump-can-spout-obscenities-so-can-artists

2 Likes

This may be a violation of Godwin’s Law, but this isn’t the first, nor will it be the last time, that artists were used as pawns in a dangerous political game. Hitler and his minions made a sport of it.

4 Likes

Authoritarians have always hated real art and every fascist government tries to censor and destroy it.
Search for CIA and the modern art movement to learn how the “modern” fascists go about it.

3 Likes

I sure hope the Ds run a candidate who can play that tape with a BEEP or two repeatedly in the run up to November 2020. Because in 2016, Hillary didn’t have that luxury – but that’s what happens when you’re married to an Epstein-luvin’ pussy grabber like Bill.

Oh, and I guess that leaves Uncle Joe “Gee-Your-Hair-Smells-Terrific” ByeDone out of the mix, too.

4 Likes

The Republican party went after Pres. Bill Clinton for all they could milk out of a consensual affair. Kenn Starr worked overtime to make every tiny bit of Clinton’s private life as tawdry and salacious as possible. Clinton left office with a near 70% approval rating.
Now we have a genuine monster in the White House who openly braggs about sexually assaulting women and the outrage simmersonly in the “alternative press”.
The only reason I can see that anyone can conceivably regard Trump as a possible second term president in view of his execrable character is that the election is rigged, again. We should be able to run a corpse against him and win.

1 Like