Home | About | Donate

Muslim Ban Blocked: Federal Judge Issues Nationwide Injunction Against Trump Order

Muslim Ban Blocked: Federal Judge Issues Nationwide Injunction Against Trump Order

Jon Queally, staff writer

A federal judge in Washington state issued a nationwide injunction late Friday against President Donald Trump's controversial executive order on immigration—widely denounced as a travel ban targeting Muslims and refugees from war-torn states—that stirred airport protests across the U.S. last weekend and dozens of lawsuits and legal challenges throughout the week.

Wonderful news. My accolades to the Attorney General of wa. state, Mr. Bob Ferguson and the Federal, district, court Judge, Mr. James Robart!

WA State leads the way, again...

At some point someone needs to fire Bannon. he is the salivating monster handling the puppet. A traitor.When is this going to happen? Anyone who has taken an oath to protect the Constitution needs to examine why they haven't made a move to get rid of that menace.

"No one is above the law, not even the president."

It is clear to me that Trump believes he above the law. A dictator-in-chief. How do we get rid of this miasma that is taking over America before Trump declares martial law on some boogey man pretense?

Maybe a start is if Pence is power hungry and greedy enough, to have him declare Trump mentally, incompetent ( very easy to prove!) so he can become president.

The EO does not even mention the 7 countries. Its meant to be a evolving list, with countries added or subtracted from a separate list than the actual EO

The amazing thing is the lack of coordination in implementing it. It really was ad hoc and the lack of due diligence was reckless and harmful.

The EO also talks of expediting biometric screening of all visitors, even citizens, and strong arming countries into providing to the DHS personal data on their citizens /residents or presumably ending up on the list.

It also says "In order to protect Americans, the United States must ensure that those admitted to this country do not bear hostile attitudes toward it and its founding principles". Perhaps criticism of Trump on social media could be construed as hostile and even be applied to Americans returning from abroad. It really is a dangerous document and more far reaching than a ban on Muslims from 7 countries. MSM has failed to point this out to the masses

Now if only we can get are tax system to not be absolute garbage or get our Democratic representatives to not be corporate Dems.

Imagine the Trump pacing, pacing, fuming, getting ready to catapult another clucking tweet.

Perhaps criticism of Trump on social media could be construed as hostile and even be applied to Americans returning from abroad.

And for US citizens at Border Patrol checkpoints. One doesn't have to be even heading tn the direction to the border to get queried at these Constitution free zones.

They are just so much fun! I despise Border Patrol after many tense and scary encounters. I live in San Diego, and one cannot travel very far East on Interstate 8 without having to go through a checkpoint.

That's great and all, but acting as if law was some source of justice in the world is bullshit on a grand scale.

Proud to be a resident of Washington State.

I have to admit, at his age and with the degree of anger he regularly exhibits how long it will be until he has a stroke, heart attack or aneurysm. Wouldn't it be strange if his own body took care of our problem?

Shout out to the Constitution and its framers!

I'm afraid that "Penced" would enter the lexicon most unfavorably.

Thanks AG Ferguson. I think it would be best for Washington along with California and Oregon to secede from the Union.

"When the president does it, it's not illegal."
Words spoken by Richard Nixon over forty years ago. And they are still as true today as they were then. Our presidents were unlawful before that, and they have been unlawful since. Jesus, Reagan and W should have been shot for treason.

I predicted that almost a year ago. And now, if Trump and Ryan are able to implement the Koch agenda, they may have no other choice. Short of absolute financial and social collapse, the Current incarnation of the USA is incapable of change.

"Maybe a start is if Pence is power hungry and greedy enough, to have him declare Trump mentally, incompetent ( very easy to prove!) so he can become president."

That could prove a bit spooky. Pence is a smoother Nazi Oilagarchian. I have a hunch that, if Trump's appointments are allowed to stand, he will be expendable, for the Oilagarchy will have achieved its ends. And pretty much ours.
* However, it is great to see Americans rediscovering their Constitution and using it properly for a change. Who knows?
;-})

Wishful thinking, Ann. It would be more fitting to eventually see the lot of them convicted of treason, or war crimes, or other crimes against the Constitution, and sent to the guillotine. I bet the attendance to see that would dwarf his Inauguration crowd.

"With a little help from his friends..."
;-})