Home | About | Donate

Nadler: Judiciary Panel to Request Docs From 60+ Entities Tied to Trump in Probe of 'Obstruction of Justice, Corruption, and Abuse of Power'

Hell, the next one year. By this time next March they will have already begun their focus on the 2020 elections.
The dims seem to have but one plan. Disgrace Trump and the GOP in order guarantee that they win the 2020 election cycle. Then they can do what Barry and Harry and Nancy did in 2009. Look forward.
How’s that working out for us?
I remember when I was a young man one of the biggest reasons that democrats gave for not going balls to wall to get rid of Reagan after Iran-Contra was that many felt the US couldn’t survive a second president removed from office so soon after Nixon. After witnessing the now countless scandals and crisis since, maybe Americans should stop asking the question “how do we save our republic?” and begin asking ourselves whether we should.

1 Like

These modern politicos would dismiss Thomas Paine as a crazy commie.
They would shout “ Give me liberty, or give me money.”

2 Likes

So far these investigations do not seem to be working, Trumps poll numbers are going up.

The public seems to like Trump more then the like the guys investigating him, like Nadler and Schiff.

These committees should hire an experienced Trial Attorney instead letting the committee members bore everyone with nonsensical questions.

Remember what happened when the republicans dragged Clinton through the mud and Impeached him; his popularity increased.

Come on Dems do not let this opportunity slip away, coordinate and do this investigation stuff professionally and stop the boring members from spewing nonsense.

2 Likes

What we need in society in general which BTW was discussed on C Span this AM is to return some “normalcy” to society. Ever since the financial collapse ( which was planned by the banks with help from pols) we have witnessed extremism which has been embraced the the hoi poloi and the low lifes as well.

1 Like

Dump’s base is clinging to him for an even odder reason. Why? Because they like him! Yep, they like the cheat, the fascist, the liar, the criminal , the bigot, the ignoramous because they see themselves in the mirror.

2 Likes

Rather than repeat the Republican M.O. of attacking by investigation; I’d rather have the Democrats use the tried and true IRS tactic that snared Al Capone: tax evasion.

After watching Michael Cohen’s testimony, there is no doubt that tax evasion is provable via IRS government documents. The fake Russia hacked the election meme is as fake as the Benghazi nonsense.

I get the feeling that the same wealth and corporations who bribe finance the Republicans finance establishment Democrats. They prefer tRump to Sen. Sanders.

2 Likes

Trying to catch up on all that went without challenge the last 2 years.

Jerry, Russiagate equals Pearl Harbor, Nadler, enough said.

Corbett sez:
“House Minority Leader Rep. Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) … insisted Trump has not done anything to warrant impeachment.”

Sweet! Nadler and his crew should skip the document “request” from the 60-plus “entities” and simply share the results of McCarthy’s painstaking and comprehensive investigation.

2 Likes

Both parties have been allowed to slander and defame their political opponents with campaign fliers, and dishonest TV ads, and it gets worse every year. We now have a president who has told over 8,000 mis-truths in just 15 months.
We are approaching a time when everything said or printed, or shown, will be a lie or at least misleading. I don’t know what you call that, but I hope it isn’t called America.

2 Likes

That has to be one of the most asinine, outrageous, and egregious statements I have ever heard! Fascism has come to Amerika from within the Republican party!

3 Likes

Reminds me of what Pelosi said about Bush that “impeachment was off the table”. Nadler just said the same thing in a more subtle way.

1 Like

Sad but true…

Yeah, I think he could shoot someone on 5th ave. And get away with it, truly mindbending.

3 Likes

Can you say RICO?
…sure you can.

83 people and counting. I guess we’ll see.

"The larger the mob, the harder the test. In small areas, before small electorates, a first-rate man occasionally fights his way through, carrying even the mob with him by force of his personality. But when the field is nationwide, and the fight must be waged chiefly at second and third hand, and the force of personality cannot so readily make itself felt, then all the odds are on the man who is, intrinsically, the most devious and mediocre. Тhe man who can most easily adeptly disperse the notion that his mind is a virtual vacuum.

“The Presidency tends, year by year, to go to such men. As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

H. L. Mencken on elections
Baltimore Evening Sun, 26 July 1920
*Mencken had it wired a century ago!
;-})

2 Likes

You may have to be very patient, Mr. van Winkle!
;-})

Maybe you saw a post I made weeks ago: We should all send our respective congressional delegations the spinal columns from plastic model skeleton kits.

2 Likes

He left out the adjective “dangerous,” maybe redundant.

You’re reminding me of a quote I have on a wall; supposedly it’s from George Bernard Shaw. “No diet will remove all the fat from your body because the brain is entirely fat. Without a brain, you might look good, but all you could do is run for public office.”

2 Likes