Home | About | Donate

Nagasaki Mayor: 'Come Find Out What Happened Under the Mushroom Cloud'

Nagasaki Mayor: 'Come Find Out What Happened Under the Mushroom Cloud'

Nadia Prupis, staff writer

To mark the grim anniversary of the U.S. atomic bombing of Nagasaki and Hiroshima 71 years ago, the mayor of Nagasaki on Tuesday urged leaders of nuclear powers to visit the cities and see what their weapons are capable of.

"I appeal to the leaders of states which possess nuclear weapons and other countries, and to the people of the world: Please come and visit Nagasaki and Hiroshima," Mayor Tomihisa Taue said during a ceremony for the occasion.

oops.....hit the wrong reply button

Sorry to be picky CD. But how is it that Obama is mentioned in the context of this article, without pointing out that his Administration has authorized the largest effective buildup of nuclear weapons since the end of the Cold War.

From Forbes….

Obama has backed investment in new nuclear delivery systems, upgraded warheads, resilient command networks, and industrial sites for fabricating nuclear hardware that, when added to the expense of maintaining the existing arsenal, will cost $348 billion between 2015 and 2024. At least, that’s what the Congressional Budget Office estimated earlier this year. If the Obama plan continues to be funded by his successors, it will be the biggest U.S. buildup of nuclear arms since Ronald Reagan left the White House.

Yes. Obama needs to return his Peace Prize.

I think I'd vote for him! As a nuclear veteran, I know whereof he speaks.
* Japan, don't follow your bought and paid for "leaders" who now prepare for war and welcome weapons from the US Fourth Reich! Enough is enough, in fact too much!
;-})