Home | About | Donate

'Naked Political Ploy': Outrage—and a Top DOJ Official Resigns—After Barr Memo Aims to Bolster Baseless Trump Fraud Allegations

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/11/10/naked-political-ploy-outrage-and-top-doj-official-resigns-after-barr-memo-aims

3 Likes

I almost hate to say it folks, but what the hell did you think was going to happen? Did you think that, if he lost, that the Trumpies would just bow out gracefully? That doesn’t even qualify as delusional.
The plan now is what the plan has been since 1980. Destroy any confidence that the public has in its government, then throw a grenade over your should as you exit Washington DC. The wells will be poisoned, the fields salted, the Senate will be controlled by republicans and their conservadem enablers, and the SCOTUS will, over the next two years, destroy the underpinnings of collectivism.
While there will probably not be a shooting civil war (although that’s still on the table) by 2030 we will either be a fully fascist republic, or two entirely different and separate nations. In reality, we already are.

11 Likes

So, what’s the weather like in Hungary today?

Every time I see a picture of Barr, I see in his facial expression and eyes…trump has something on him! I see fear, shame, guilt.

4 Likes

What does Trump have on Barr, cement shoes?

6 Likes

Nope. Barr was an immoral shyster when he served as GHW Bush’s AG, and his character hasn’t improved one whit since then.

7 Likes

In the illustrious words of our AG Bill Barr: Not to worry Mein Fuhrer, I have unleashed all the members of the Gestapo, Americas Finest Secret Police, to wreak havoc on their silly Democracy.

These Naive idiotic Voters think they have eliminated our Fuhrer through the ballot box.

These Democrats are no match for Heir Mitch McConnell and our Fuhrer.

Gangster Politics and the Theft of our tax dollars from the national treasury will continue.

And we thought that Sieg Heil Fascism would never come to our phony half baked “Democratic” America.

Heir Trump is more difficult to get rid of than the Pandemic, obviously the Vaccine we call Elections did not work.

4 Likes

Even if Barr is just soothing Trump’s delicate ego, as he did with the millions he spent reinvestigating the investigators in the Mueller probe, the damage the headlines do will exist. Trump’s followers believe this stuff. They believe what they hear on am radio, they believe what the see on FOX. That’s the real danger. Just like Obama being a secret Muslim who wasn’t born here, it undermines the credibility of a new president and justifies extremist actions on the part of Republican politicians who have to keep their base happy.

7 Likes

They aren’t a “base” as much as they ARE a cult.

AG Barf needs to be second on the docket, right behind Trump when Biden’s Nuremberg style trials are launched January 21 to bring the hundreds of organized crime bosses within the GOP to justice.

5 Likes

We’ve been forced to endure political realities completely controlled by the loopiest lunatics for so long, it’s still difficult to dismiss the possibility of some stratagem emerging to obstruct USA’s orangectomy in January. We also need to keep in mind: The reason these stunts look more and more desperate might be because they are. Everyone knows the King lost – His juju is so bent out of shape he just golfs and sulks. Patrick Cockburn’s take (my emphasis):

Pundits issue ominous warnings about the abiding strength of Trumpism. Yet cults-of-personality like Trump’s that are enhanced by power are also vulnerable to its loss. He himself will see this as he makes his last desperate efforts to fend off defeat.

~https://www.counterpunch.org/2020/11/10/trumps-cult-of-personality-will-be-badly-damaged-by-defeat-but-his-toxic-politics-marches-on/

Just once I’d like to hear from one of Orangeman’s golfing “opponents” about who keeps track of the scorecard. We’re talking the most phenomenal golfer in history – never lost a game, by the numbers.

1 Like

Barr must stand before the Bar Association and be held responsible for his blatant besmirching of the Justice Dept and the violations of his oath of office. He must be stripped of his ability to practice law, as he hasn’t the vaguest idea how to do that.

5 Likes

The new attorney general of the USA - I’m sure will find out. Can hardly wait!

They are actually a cult within a cult (evangelicals)

3 Likes

You left out, “the streets will be mined.”

Interestingly, Fox has on several recent occasions cut off Trumpists who are spouting lies, has called the election for Biden, and is not playing this purely as a propaganda arm of the Trump regime.

3 Likes

Great to see Warren speak so bluntly, and call for Barr’s impeachment (technically not call for, but say he “should have been”).

But Barr has been a despicable criminal throughout his career. Did she do anything in the Senate to propose impeachment, or to resist his original appointment?

4 Likes

That was snark? wasn’t it?
Because it ain’t gonna happen with Biden.

1 Like

Great comment, BigB. I’ve just read Jason Stanley’s “How Fascism Works: The Politics of Us and Them,” a concise, 140-page primer on the fascism playbook, and I’ll put it this way: Stanley confirms your comment in every regard.

There is nothing in this election result that changes the delusional mindset of Trump’s millions of supporters. Biden has no mandate that will alter the Republican course of action directed toward fascism. The Democrats have already made clear that progressives are the red-headed stepchildren of the otherwise neoliberal party. I believe Chris Hedges is right: the system cannot correct itself, so it’s either revolution or fascism, and the revolution has neither leadership nor organization compared to the fascists. All this in a context of pandemic and accelerating ecospheric collapse. So, I guess we can all enjoy a breath of relief that Trump is defeated (we think–we hope). Just be aware that this breath of relief may quickly transform to a last gasp. It’s that close now.

5 Likes

Only three Democrats voted in favor of confirming Barr - Doug Jones (AL), Joe Manchin (WV), and Kyrsten Sinema (AZ). I can understand why the first two voted for the shyster as they’re merely posing as Democrats, but Sinema? Here’s what she had to say regarding her vote to confirm:

“I listened carefully to Mr. Barr’s public hearings and had the opportunity to interview him privately. I feel satisfied that he believes in faithfully executing the laws of this country and will defend not only federal laws, but defend our constitution against any threats to it.”

WTF? I frankly believe she owes the country an apology for being a gullible twit.

6 Likes

Well, I’d say FOX daytime has done that, but their nighttime hosts, who get the most views, are still playing footsies with fascism. That said, I did see the hardcore base has accused Tucker of being a closet liberal now because he didn’t spin the “stolen” message hard enough.

1 Like