Home | About | Donate

Nancy Pelosi Has Chosen Her War, and It’s With Her Own Party’s Future

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2019/07/08/nancy-pelosi-has-chosen-her-war-and-its-her-own-partys-future

1 Like

I wonder if videos of an underage mushroom tasting contest would be enough to get Pelosi to act. I shall never use the word leader in regards to her if she doesn’t, and then only with great reluctance.

4 Likes

Nancy Pelosi is the best organizer the US Green Party has ever had.

12 Likes

Pelosi - Change ‘L’ to ‘T’ and you have Petosi, a poetically parallel homonym to the originally indigenous lands in modern day Bolivia, the silver mines from which colonizers extracted a genocide lasting centuries and funding for European colonization and empire.

Oh, excuse me, I meant to explain choices behind ‘real politic’

5 Likes

Pelosi sez:
The Squad … made themselves irrelevant and shouldn’t have voted against “our bill” (to fund border security [sic]).

I wonder if Mitch “Paulie Turtles” McConman is bemused or pissed off at Madame Speaker having assigned herself co-ownership of his work.

6 Likes

As expected and all so predictable.

Why is anybody surprised?

9 Likes

If anyone would like to read the full article (it’s behind a paywall), I used developer tools to get it and is available via my Evernote here: https://www.evernote.com/shard/s5/sh/599c2698-ab22-4568-bed4-07124a017d1d/c4eac7b323df91ed59044306b3dc88d1

Note: I left behind some html elements, just ignore them!

2 Likes

Whose side is she on,anyway? Rhetorical question. It is obvious.

10 Likes

There are a lot of little green guys here in California that would argue that the gang of four, have a very large and very angry following. most of them are gathering fire-bundles and pitchforks along with a bunch of buckets of water (in case the old myths are accurate), personally I’m working on a tiny house with a homing system and praying for the miracle of a Cali tornado,…one way or another that witch’s pointy toed crocs are gonna curl to the chants of Ding Dong!

Once there was a wicked witch in the lovely land of Oz
And a wickeder, wickeder, wickeder witch there never, never was
She filled the folks in Munchkin land with terror and with dread
'Till one fine day from Kansas way a cyclone caught a house
That brought the wicked, wicked witch her doom
As she was flying on her broom
For the house fell on her head and the coroner pronounced her dead
And thru the town the joyous news was spread
Ding-dong, the witch is dead! Which old witch? The wicked witch
Ding-dong, the wicked witch is dead
Wake up, you sleepy head, rub your eyes, get out of bed
Wake up, the wicked witch is dead!
She’s gone where the goblins go below, below, below, yo ho
Let’s open up and sing, and ring the bells out…

And there will be a holiday declared as all the munchkins make merry in a most munchkin way!!!

2 Likes

I’ve heard people who say they don’t know the difference between a liberal and a progressive. Nancy Pelosi is an example of a liberal.

6 Likes

The Democratic Party has drawn the battle lines, Progressives.

Which side are you on? Are you with Pelosi and the Neo-liberal Corporatists? Or are you with Bernie, and “the Squad?”

There is NO middle ground.

15 Likes

Phuck Pelosi!

3 Likes

Why would turtle boy get mad, they work in tandem to block progressive or even liberal legislation.

11 Likes

Primary Pelosi:

4 Likes

It still makes more sense than Nancy posing as a Democrat for all these years.

2 Likes

No, Nancy is an example of a Republican.

5 Likes

Pe-lo-si: Pri-ma-ry: OTP! (Out To Pasture!) Or let her switch to the other party. She is after all, as Mr. Hasan suggests at the end of the full article published by The Intercept, one of its (and Trump´s) greatest enablers.

4 Likes

The Neos ( Cons & Liberals ) want to force a 3 Party System which renders the populists of the left and right, irrelevant.
Look at all the Talking Heads getting all the air-time from the MSM, and old pols gabfests on the weekends, right now. The Uniparty has been real for decades and it’s a little " nervous in the service " currently to the service of the Plutocrats of both parties.
Enter the updated version of the Penopticon from McCarthyism 1.0 to McCarthyism 2.50.

Ms Pelosi is in for a very rude shock in 2020, when the left doesn’t play ball with whatever corporate owned nominee gets the nod … I for one am going to enjoy her meltdown… maybe 4 more years of Trump will finally wake her upto the fact that fewer and fewer people are buying into her corporate whore kinder gentler fascism…

3 Likes

Not sure I agree. Pelosi is among the 1% who gained the most from Trump’s policies especially the tax cut. The only reason she has to oppose Trump is so that the ideas she stands for can take effect. But what are the ideas she stands for? Pretty much nothing.

No sarcasm or exaggeration that she has a lot more to lose if a progressive wins in 2020, than if Trump wins. (I should say progressives, since the House is up for election, too.)

7 Likes