Home | About | Donate

National Green New Deal Tour Aims to Make 2020 a Referendum on Visionary Energy and Economic Transformation

National Green New Deal Tour Aims to Make 2020 a Referendum on Visionary Energy and Economic Transformation

Julia Conley, staff writer

The youth activists leading the Sunrise Movement are expanding the scope of a planned nationwide tour into a wider initiative to ensure the Green New Deal is a major focus of the 2020 election.

0 Likes

You GO kids! IF you want something to ‘inherit’ it’s going to be up to you to save it. The republicans and corporate Dems will not help. In fact they will try to stop you - like they did when ‘we’ were trying to get our friends and relatives back from Vietnam. I think this struggle will be similar, and, as violent on the right.

1 Like

There has been the annual “Energy Fair” for many years in Custer Wisconsin. Maybe a different approach to grassroots initiation to ideas of “alternatives” and mitigating energy loss, with government support, would be non-partisan enough to grow faster community by community rather than push for a national policy. Of which the Reds are still knee deep in oil and oil stocks.

0 Likes

From my perspective the only candidate that meets the criteria of taking bold climate action is the Governor of Washington State,Jay Inslee. That is why he has no chance with the super delegates.

0 Likes

The Green New Deal costs nothing. USA burns $1tn carbon fuel per year. Green energy devices will return 10% per year on average. Some will be 5% and some 20%, but on average 10%. So $10tn will displace all fossil fuels at 10% return on investment. That is just 6% of GNP. We can do GND at zero cost and supply millions of jobs…

1 Like

People like the Kochs and GOP members always talk about the cost of the Green New Deal, but never talk about the costs without a Green New Deal. And these are the costs, the externalities, the corporations should pay for. Maybe that’s why they are so afraid to talk about them.

0 Likes

The referendum need not be on the Green New Deal, the referendum must be on the 1%.

0 Likes

I ignore the troll from the fossil fuel industry’s ad agency.

Thanks for whoever drew that yardstick on the picture. I lost my four foot yardstick last month at my prototype, and it had a bit of sentimental value. I inherited it from the president of the Rhoide Island Solar Energy Association.

0 Likes