Home | About | Donate

National Park's Climate Change Tweets Go Viral—and Then Dark

National Park's Climate Change Tweets Go Viral—and Then Dark

Andrea Germanos, staff writer

A series of climate change-related tweets from the official Badlands National Park account went viral on Tuesday—the same day the Trump administration continued its war on science by instituting a media blackout at two federal agencies.

The postings included factual information such as: "Today, the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere is higher than at any time in the last 650,000 years. #climate."

Keep up the badass resistance against the dumbass trump.

Someday,(soon I believe), the hens of industrialism will come home to roost, so to speak. What Trump is doing is reminiscent of when president Reagan removed the solar panels from the White House that Carter had put on to foster a more greenish form of living. So much for that. Now, apparently Trump believes that Americans are dumb as a piece of toast and removing any reference to global warming from 'official' sites will make it go away. Sorry but it's real and getting worse every year and now we have an administration that says bulls**t to the scientists. I hope this nightmare ends soon but it won't in my lifetime at least. You young people will have to make a movement of REAL change to have a planet worth living on. Good luck!

Thank you to whoever tweeted these facts from Badlands National Park Twitter account. We must resist this new administration's attempts to silence. We must keep giving the facts.

As for the new threat to our national parks and forests: My sign at the Women's March said "Our public land! Not for sale or profit!". It included a huge picture of the Grand Canyon.

I will be there on the frontline to protect our parks, if it comes to that, and if I can manage to travel to the parks being threatened with mining, drilling, or sale.

Keep calling your members of congress as well as your state legislators. Have a climate march in every state.

Me too. Large meeting in our community this weekend for many environmental groups.