Home | About | Donate

Nationwide Rallies Are #OurFirstStand Against GOP Assault on Healthcare

Nationwide Rallies Are #OurFirstStand Against GOP Assault on Healthcare

Deirdre Fulton, staff writer

Rallies to protect critical healthcare safety net programs took place nationwide on Sunday, on the heels of a week that saw those very programs placed squarely in Republican crosshairs.

Thank you, Bernie, for leading this effort to protect what minimal public health care programs we have in the US. We're in agreement that health care for all Americans is a right. Medicare For All should be law.

Bernie is an advocate for all of us - no matter what happened at the end of the 2016 primary.

Maybe I've missed it but I see no information about the rallies going on across the country in the MSM "news"papers. Thanks Common Dreams for helping to keep the public informed.

Solidarity with Nurses United! Single-Payer now, Single-Payer tomorrow!

To join a local single-payer group:

https://www.healthcare-now.org/contact/local-contact-list/

Health care is a human need and why it should not be for profit and why it should be available to everyone!

If only there were some way to exclude the clueless trumpsters from any benefits that can be saved--you know, a "you get what you voted for" mentality. Then perhaps they would begin to realize that they need to start voting for their own best interests, while reaping what they voted for until then. As it stands now, they get to ride liberal coattails to a better safety net all the while spreading their hate and vindictiveness towards liberals doing the fighting for them.

Out here in Washington, the Seattle Times came out with an article re drug importation bill last Wednesday and Senator Cantwell's and Murray's vote to block it.

The article was factual and fair, and has raised a shit storm of comments locally.

I really wasn't sure the Times would ever cover it--am keeping my fingers crossed that they can tell more truths going forward.

Damn, we are so in the dark on so many things.

I think The vote on Drug Importation showed clearly the enemy of the people isn't just Republicans. I can't listen or look at either of my Sens. here in NJ both shills for big Pharma. and both Dems. Craven self-interest is the only way to read their votes against the interests of the American people. who have expressed themselves in poll after poll at wanting the right to buy drugs wherever? The drug safety issue is total BS and the Congress knows it. If you are against Single Payer - Medicare for all your NOT a Progressive. If you're against the right of the Federal Gov't to negotiate drug prices for Medicare etc. you are NOT a Progressive. If you are against the right of American individuals and businesses to import drugs from Canada or any other country that meets FDA standards during their manufacture you are NOT a Progressive.

hope you will let them know how disgusting their behaviors really are and what a threat they are to you and yours!

The Corporatist Democratic Party has to be dealt with its brought us all
to this awful passage because it no longer represents the interests of the
people and they know it. We must face the coming horrors of America's
first Authoritarian regime headed by a psychopathic demagogue alone. We
shall all be put to the test now. Someone has to pay a price for this.
Progressives must find the courage to act as the Tea party has in the GOP.
Otherwise the disgrace of votes like the one on the Drug Importation bill
will further erode any remaining trust or confidence in the Democratic
Party and result in strengthening the appearance of a one party State ruled
by a monarch.

casper http://commons.commondreams.org/users/casper

January 16

I kept saying all during the primaries that democrats had a miserable
history of pulling defeat from the jaws of victory.
Republicans do what republicans do. Like venomous snakes, you know what to
expect from them. The fault of this heinous attack on America lies solely
at the feet of the DNC, HRC, DWS and most of all, their blind supporters. I
will have to suffer right along with them but i will never forgive them.
Buried my affiliation and allegiance as a Democrat and went strictly
Independently Progressive, immediately after the Democratic primary. I cast
my vote for Bernie Sanders and did not change it. Likewise, I'll cast my
vote in opposition to any of these corporate "Democrats".

Visit Topic

or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

Seadog http://commons.commondreams.org/users/seadog

January 15

I think The vote on Drug Importation showed clearly the enemy of the
people isn't just Republicans. I can't listen or look at either of my Sens.
here in NJ both shills for big Pharma. and both Dems. Craven self-interest
is the only way to read their votes against the interests of the American
peo…

Visit Topic

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here
http://commons.commondreams.org/email/unsubscribe/4b3163d74e17b33fddb67a2641f60578ce8707b2dd08d29582ceada51c698d1f

Do save us all from Booker. He clearly as bigger plans.

Indeed he does. Like OBAMA another Wall st. owned pretend Progressive.

BWilliamson http://commons.commondreams.org/users/bwilliamson

January 16

Do save us all from Booker. He clearly as bigger plans.

Visit Topic

In Reply To

Seadog http://commons.commondreams.org/users/seadog

January 15

I think The vote on Drug Importation showed clearly the enemy of the
people isn't just Republicans. I can't listen or look at either of my Sens.
here in NJ both shills for big Pharma. and both Dems. Craven self-interest
is the only way to read their votes against the interests of the American
peo…

Visit Topic

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here
http://commons.commondreams.org/email/unsubscribe/c71092ac4ea1cbe24c474af0abec17bbbe030d0cf2d583458d1978426aae1303

Except that we've done this before only to see things continue on as they have before.
The Civil Rights March in the 60's was taken off the front pages by a murder of two women in NYC.
And where did the experience of African Americans here go from that march?

We are dealing with criminals -- super, super criminals running our government -- and controlling
our MIC and wars. They are sociopaths, psychopaths -- and I'm having trouble thinking that any of
this will impress them.

Seems there's also an argument that Trump stole the election, while -- of course -- Hillary stole the
primaries.

First thing we have to do is recognize that we have no leverage over these criminals and devise a new plan.

And, sure, GOP are the destroyers but so are the Democrats and anyone who doesn't believe that hasn't
been paying attention to the reality that Koch Bros. owns the Democratic Party as well as the GOP.

Hmmmmm,

Only 12 replies? Makes me wonder if a lot of CDer's know Obamacare is crap. I guess it's better than nothing. If you can't pay it, the IRS garnishes your bank account. Great plan. What's next? Mandatory life insurance policies?

But if the Repukes kill ACA, then they will go after Medicaid, Medicare and Social Security next. Best to throw a wrench in their wagon right now. Go get em Bernie!

I hope at least they get rid of the mandatory health care. We should not be fined. This is just another assault on the middle class. What right does anybody have telling you that you have to buy health insurance Only in a communist country.

Fines might be imposed as a last resort to get people to have insurance. Otherwise they go to the emergency rooms and cost the hospitals.

it's hideously ironic that many Trump voters wanted Trump to "REPEAL Obamacare but, KEEP the Affordable Care Act [or Medicare}!" The level of IGNORANCE (& racism) is breath-taking. I agree in part w/chunique "you get what you voted for" for Trump voters...excpe t that it's an all or nothing at all deal.