Home | About | Donate

NC Voting Rights Fight Moves From the Courtroom to the Streets

I don't think it's restrictive. The Constitution requires only CITIZENS of the US to vote in a federal election.

56,200,000 foreigners in the US today
10,000,000 Immigrant & non Immigrant - work visas issued! (no count family visas)
21,231,396 “Visa Waver Program” 38 countries no longer need VISAS (1986)
11,000,000 illegals.
14,000,000 Legal Permanent Residents

All can provide a utility bill with their name on it. All of them can get a drivers license. All can get a Social Security Card if they want one!
If you can't prove you are a Citizen of the US you shouldn't vote! Why wouldn't you have a copy of your Birth Certificate?

A Cooperative Congressional Election Study released in October 2014 found, "more than 14% of non-citizens in both the 2008 and 2010 samples indicated that they were registered to vote. Furthermore, some of these non-citizens voted. Our best guess, based upon extrapolations from the portion of the sample with a verified vote, is that 6.4% of non-citizens voted in 2008 and 2.2% of non-citizens voted in 2010."

I'll be there in Raleigh on the 13th.

Voting rights are important, but only one of a host of actions people need to take to build the needed revolution. People will need to be active not just on Feb 13 for the march, on Mar 15 (NC primary day) and in November when they vote, but everyday from now on working in their communities for progressive change.

I hope the judge sees through the "provisional vote" sham and disallows the whole law. Provisional ballots are never counted. They go straight into the garbage..

By stating, "11,000,000 illegals" I know exactly what perspective you are coming from.

Please cite your source of the study and quote. There are many reasons why people do not have copies of their birth certificate.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Great! A new right winger Koch Brothers' funded think tank shill to push the Right Wing AGENDA on this site!

Go back to Bill O'Reilly.

In the next lifetime when you're Black, low income, and a woman... you MIGHT gain some empathy for people who have the deck stacked against them.

I think he should show up at this event or get some influential members of his team to make HIS presence felt at a Moral Monday meeting.

Bernie needs to get his message to the Black Community tout suite.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

They won't allow me to post my sites because I'm new.

Do you challenge 11,000,000 illegals? All you have to do is Google
Immigrant and non immigrant work visas issued in US
Visa Waver program
Legal Permanent Residents.
There are 5,500,000 EXPIRED visas in the US.

NC has also required Employers to register with E-Verify if they have more than 5 Employees.
Also Sanctuary Cities have been outlawed in this state because they bare OUTLAWED by the Immigration Law:
8 U.S. Code § 1324 - Bringing in and harboring certain aliens.
It is illegal to knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that an alien has come to, entered, or remains in the United States in violation of law, conceals, harbors, or shields from detection, or attempts to conceal, harbor, or shield from detection, such alien in any place, including any building or any means of transportation

Do you live in the US? Because you have little knowledge of what's happening here and what the laws are!

I am a labor Democrat and take issue with the Democrats importing 8,400,000 illegals to take US jobs (just google 8.4 US jobs American Progress)

I AM for Black women and men: US Commission on Civil Rights Member: Illegal Immigration Accounts for 40% of Decline in Black Employment

Just google Front Page Mag commission on civil rights.

That's how come Trump has gotten this far - Democrats forgot who their constituency is.
“ Much of Trump’s rise has been based on angry blue collar voters who have seen their wages eroded by decades of globalization.” - domestic and foreign! “What people want to see is their standard of living get better, and that has to be the focus.” And that's what too much immigration erodes.
From "Politico" ( I can't post links yet because I am a new contributor)

I worked on both Obama campaigns still get White House Christmas cards.

LOL - "Do you live in the US? Because you have little knowledge of what's happening here and what the laws are!"

You use the term "illegals" Illegal what? Are they illegal people? Do you even think of them as people?

True enough. Clinton seems to get the Black vote by default, something that mystifies me. Maybe because she is trying to hug Obama as closely as possible. If poor and working class Blacks looked at her record of what she has supported and supports they might understand that she is not their friend.

Sturgis sez: "(U)nder questioning from U.S. District Court Judge Thomas Schroeder ... the state elections board director revealed there's uncertainty about exactly how the new provision will work.

AKA "mission accomplished". The whole point is "uncertainty".

Whose focusing on someone who wants to send jobs overseas? Bernie says he wants to limit work visas and bring back jobs.

You are going to need your birth certificate for Social Security anyway. The SIU requires one to join the Merchant Marines and AGAIN to collect retirement! You need a birth certificate to get a drivers license. Getting a birth certificate is a ONE TIME cost. Cheap to vote the rest of your life!

TERM Illegal Alien: "Illegal Alien" as per Title 8 USC (Immigration laws)
"An illegal alien…is any alien (1) whose most recent entry into the United States was without inspection. It is the ONLY LEGAL TERM! Illegal Alien. Evidently you are ignorant of the law. Figures!

You make a lot of ASS umptions.

It is the only LEGAL term:
"An illegal alien…is any alien (1) whose most recent entry into the United States was without inspection.

Name 3 reasons someone would not have a Copy of their Birth Certificate!

There LEGAL term is "Illegal Alien". But you knew who I meant by "Illegals"!
"An illegal alien…is any alien (1) whose most recent entry into the United States was without inspection, or
(2) whose most recent admission to the United States was as a nonimmigrant and—(A) whose period of authorized stay as a nonimmigrant expired, or (B) whose unlawful status was known to the Government, before the date of the commission of the crime for which the alien is convicted." —United States Code, Title 8, §1365(b)"
The term "Illegal Alien" is used several times in the INA. The terms "Illegal Immigrant" And "Undocumented Immigrant" are not used in the INA at all.