Home | About | Donate

NEA President: Trump's Plan to Reopen Schools Is Dangerous for Students and Teachers

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2020/07/09/nea-president-trumps-plan-reopen-schools-dangerous-students-and-teachers

1 Like

Let us begin with high school. 9th thru 12th.
Classes in person are science, chemistry, physics and all math.
Classes for e-learning can be english, government, geography, writing, literature, etc.
The day is split into two.
Shift one is 6:15 am to noon and second shift is 1 PM to 6 PM.
Free food to all.
Now, we have 20 students in the classroom if both math shifts are on the same day.
We cut it in half again by having 10 students in math class twice one week = Tuesday and Wednesday and three times the next week, = Monday, Wednesday and friday.
Option is to go to six day school,week.

Portable classrooms are mentioned and should be considered for health safety. Heck, I’ll even promote tents !!

7th and 8th grades can follow a similar pattern with math and science in the classroom.

I do not know how music will be taught for orchestra and band.
I am sure some teachers will not like this but factory workers, military, and many others do split shifts.

The HS math teacher. I am willing to have them teach 8 hours per day, four classes, which is reasonable.

ALL SCHOOL BUILDINGS NEED FRESH MAKE UP AIR INPUT AND A SLIGHT VACUMN INSIDE THE CLASSROOM. Masks, hand sanitizers everywhere.