Home | About | Donate

Nearly 15 Years and $70 Billion Later, US Troops Still Endlessly Fighting Taliban

Nearly 15 Years and $70 Billion Later, US Troops Still Endlessly Fighting Taliban

Nadia Prupis, staff writer

More than a hundred U.S. troops were sent to Lashkar Gah, Afghanistan on Monday to continue fighting the Taliban, in the first deployment of forces to the area since the drawdown in 2014—offering another signal that the U.S. military presence there is expanding, not decreasing, as President Barack Obama has promised.

What an incredible waste of lives and money.

And for what?

What are we doing there? What were we ever doing there? End war. Save our vets and provide food, shelter and treatment for them. Stop the One World Empire drive. Cut the Military Budget in half. Stop making nukes, stop harassing Russia. Save Americans. in my city more than 25% are living in poverty. We are not taking it any more.

Afghanistan has been eating armies alive since the time of Ancient Greece. Alexander, the British Raj, the CCCP and now the Fourth Reich and NATO. I wonder who's next?
* Every two-bit "power" seems to think they can do it better, but eventually they go broke or run out of cannon fodder.
* Then Afghanistan gets a breather until the next one in line steps up.
;-})

Did Obomber say he would end this war 8 yrs ago? I think I remember that, but not sure, I believe it's the longest 'war' in American history.

That's easy. For MIC profiteers.

Peace.
ths.

Eternal occupations and eternal wars create an eternal revenue stream for the military industrial complex, courtesy of US taxpayers.

Profit.

Where are the roots of freedom in the Middle East that we planted with our bombs, drones and solders lives? It is not under the feet of the citizens running to camps of little resources and less hope, to escape death and destruction. Perhaps death is the freedom. I would argue that America has murdered peace, freedom and hope.

I have been asking "WHY" for years and the only thing I can is the transfer of tax dollars to the elite and ;politicians.

As Gen. Butler said.......

" What are we doing there?"

I think Gen. Charles Cleveland gave you the answer: " we are staying there for security reasons".

The General failed to mention whose security.

Nearly 15 years and $70 Billion Later, US Troops still losing to the Taliban. Title fixed.

Something about digging a hole in the wrong place comes to mind. If America was once a nation of well educated and intelligent people it is no longer.

WOW! $70,000,000,000.00
If you were a war profiteer, you would love it! And do not forget the untold billions made off of the poppy trade.

Afghanistan, US troops still endlessly fighting, and the heroin market is still big business endlessly.

When the Taliban controlled Afghanistan zero heroine was exported from that country. Anybody caught growing poppies was hanged and the crop was eradicated countrywide.

Then the good old USA invaded the place.
Now 90% of the world's heroine supply is shipped from Afghanistan.

That can't be a coincidence. Money, money, money, money......

Everyone should become familiar with who John P. O'Neill is.

Tell me again why we are at war with the Taliban?

Oil rights.

And the pipeline bringing natural gas to Europe.

Exactly. For what? We have the collapse of the climate bearing down on us and all we can think of to do is kill Afghanis? What a pathetic "world leader" we turned out to be. I makes me sick to watch this pathetic lack of imagination when we need it most.