Home | About | Donate

Nearly 700 Protests Planned for Saturday at Post Offices Across Country as DeJoy Slammed for Defense of Mail Sabotage

Not quite understanding why the protests are occurring outside of post offices - that doesn’t deliver the message to the corporate scum in washington. it’ll make 1 news cycle and then fritter to nothing. I recall millions protesting the invasions of iraq, what good did that do? I recall something about a wall street 1% protest, what good did that do?

The protests need to be outside of representatives, senators, cabinet members, lobbyist homes and cushy clubs. The protests need to focus on the perpetrators (congress, white house) and not the victims (usps). The lives of the corrupt must be made unbearable until they are “forced” to do the right thing. Anything less and you are wasting your time and energy.

But I digress, please be safe and wear your sunblock.

2 Likes

Fire the incompetent, the greedy, and the seedy.

1 Like

I can remember hurricane seasons where we were only up to ‘C’ by mid August.

But then, I also remember when a Sharpie on a weather map was a good thing. ~https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jT8PoIEn938 (Nash Roberts comes in ~1 min)

(I still have trouble reading weather maps without Nash to draw in the pressure systems.)

1 Like

Think back to when Senator Rick Santorum of Penna. presidential wannabe, also wanted to, and tried to sell the National Weather Service to Accu-Weather also based in - surprise - Pennsylvania, and a campaign contributor - introducing a Bill that was smashed,

"In 2005 a representative of AccuWeather visited the office of then-U.S. Senator Rick Santorum. Joel Myers, AccuWeather’s founder, or his brother Barry Lee Myers. Santorum “can’t remember”.

"In October 2017,Trump nominated Barry Meyers to be NOAA’s administrator - in the corrupt tradition of Trump regime, blurring the line between personal interests and public ones, Myers will use the position to enrich AccuWeather while muzzling an agency that people rely on to make life-or-death decisions". exactly as trump installed the lying scum DeJoy in the US Postal Service - a clear proven pattern of criminal conflicts of interest and actions, created by trump to destroy public entities USPS and NOAA and “privatize” - sell to crony co-conspirators cheap!

Treasonous conflicts of interest by trump & co sabotaging the Public and Common Good for crony profits? Goddamn Right!

Where TF are the prosecutors doing their goddamn jobs?

~https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2018-06-14/trump-s-pick-to-lead-weather-agency-spent-30-years-fighting-it
– background of the conspiracy & crimes by trump

4 Likes

I am a proud Democrat and you have been flagged for that post. I’d like to say that to you. My partner is a 20 year veteran of the USPS and HE KNOWS WHO HIS FRIENDS IN CONGRESS ARE AND THEY ARE THE DEMOCRATS, NOT THE REPUBLICANS.
The union leaders are solidly for the Democrats because they know the 2006 Act sabotaging the Postal Service WAS PRIMARILY A REPUBLICAN BILL SIGNED BY A REPUBLICAN PRESIDENT.
So keep your filthy remarks off ME and our party.

HERE ARE THE TRUMP APPOINTED BOARD OF GOVERNORS OF THE UNITED STATES POSTAL SERVICE, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM APPOINTED BY THE VERY CORRUPT DONALD TRUMP:

ROBERT M. DUNCAN
JOHN M. BARGER
RON A. BLOOM
ROMAN MARTINEZ IV
DONALD L. MOAK
WILLIAM D. ZOLLARS

ALL VERY RICH WHITE MEN. ALL APPOINTED BY TRUMP. ALL CONFIRMED BY THE REPUBLICAN CONTROLLED SENATE.

STOP SHITTING ON DEMOCRATS FOR GOD SAKE.

And for the record you fool, the USPS is NOT Constitutionally mandated. Congress however does have the power to create and regulate a postal service. They don’t have to. WHAT IS IMPORTANT IS THAT THE WHITE HOUSE DOES NOT HAVE THAT POWER, THE POWER THAT MNUCHIN THE THIEF IS USURPING AT THIS VERY MOMENT.

SAVE YOUR FOUL INSULTS FOR THE REPUBLICAN PARTY WHICH IS ACTUALLY BEHIND THIS ATTACK ON OUR REPUBLIC.

ANYONE who reads this article and attacks the Democrats is a shill/troll/tool for the fascists.

1 Like

Hi 1EdBenti:

Why are you so angry at other peopIe’s opinions? That is one of the few things that Trump and his cronies have not destroyed—yet. Free speech = free thought-----and so many nations have lost even that, : (

3 Likes

It’s hard to understand what the point is, EVEN WHEN PHRASED IN ALL CAPS. I can’t come close to imagining myself shouting at and characterizing others like that, in person. I’m not any kind of social text paragon, I’ve strayed badly at times, somehow getting a defensive urgency mixed up with my writing – like accidentally putting a teaspoon of salt in my coffee. It doesn’t work. It doesn’t accomplish anything, one comes to learn. So why keep shouting at folks like that, in here? I’m flummoxed.

2 Likes

The Postal workers are organized and can resist orders from DeJoy like removing sorting machines which undermine the mail and their own jobs. In this regard, I called APWU president Mark Diamonstein – (202) 842-4250 and left a message asking for organized resistance to De Joys destructive orders. I urge as many of us as possible – a national call in campaign – to press him on this issue.

2 Likes

"Eminence Front"

The sun shines
And people forget
The spray flies as the speedboat glides
And people forget
Forget they’re hiding
The girls smile
And people forget
The snow packs as the skier tracks
And people forget
Forget they’re hiding

Behind an eminence front
Eminence front - It’s a put on
It’s an Eminence front
It’s an Eminence front - It’s a put on

Come and join the Party
Dressed to kill
Won’t you come and join the Party
Dressed to kill
Dressed to kill

The drinks flow
People forget
That big wheel spins, the hair thins
People forget
Forget they’re hiding
The news slows
People forget
The shares crash, hopes are dashed
People forget
Forget they’re hiding

Behind an eminence front
An Eminence front - it’s a put on

• Pete Townsend
3 Likes

This is long but interesting to me. What else am I to do betwixt Covid and sm0000000ke, coughcough. At least skip to the end, the wording, hmmm.

Article 1, Section 8, Clause 7

Document 7

Joseph Story, Commentaries on the Constitution 3:§§ 1119–42, 1144–45

"§ 1119. The next power of congress is, “to establish post-offices and post-roads.” The nature and extent of this power, both theoretically and practically, are of great importance, and have given rise to much ardent controversy. It deserves, therefore, a deliberate examination. It was passed over by the Federalist with a single remark, as a power not likely to be disputed in its exercise, or to be deemed dangerous by its scope. The “power,” says the Federalist, “of establishing post-roads must, in every view, be a harmless power; and may, perhaps, by judicious management, become productive of great public conveniency. Nothing, which tends to facilitate the intercourse between the states, can be deemed unworthy of the public care.” One cannot but feel, at the present time, an inclination to smile at the guarded caution of these expressions, and the hesitating avowal of the importance of the power. It affords, perhaps, one of the most striking proofs, how much the growth and prosperity of the country have outstripped the most sanguine anticipations of our most enlightened patriots.

§ 1120. The post-office establishment has already become one of the most beneficent, and useful establishments under the national government. It circulates intelligence of a commercial, political, intellectual, and private nature, with incredible speed and regularity. It thus administers, in a very high degree, to the comfort, the interests, and the necessities of persons, in every rank and station of life. It brings the most distant places and persons, as it were, in contact with each other; and thus softens the anxieties, increases the enjoyments, and cheers the solitude of millions of hearts. It imparts a new influence and impulse to private intercourse; and, by a wider diffusion of knowledge, enables political rights and duties to be performed with more uniformity and sound judgment. It is not less effective, as an instrument of the government in its own operations. In peace, it enables it without ostentation or expense to send its orders, and direct its measures for the public good, and transfer its funds, and apply its powers, with a facility and promptitude, which, compared with the tardy operations, and imbecile expedients of former times, seem like the wonders of magic. In war it is, if possible, still more important and useful, communicating intelligence vital to the movements of armies and navies, and the operations and duties of warfare, with a rapidity, which, if it does not always ensure victory, at least, in many instances, guards against defeat and ruin. Thus, its influences have become, in a public, as well as private view, of incalculable value to the permanent interests of the Union. It is obvious at a moment’s glance at the subject, that the establishment in the hands of the states would have been wholly inadequate to these objects; and the impracticability of a uniformity of system would have introduced infinite delays and inconveniences; and burthened the mails with an endless variety of vexatious taxations, and regulations. No one, accustomed to the retardations of the post in passing through independent states on the continent of Europe, can fail to appreciate the benefits of a power, which pervades the Union. The national government is that alone, which can safely or effectually execute it, with equal promptitude and cheapness, certainty and uniformity. Already the post-office establishment realizes a revenue exceeding two millions of dollars, from which it defrays all its own expenses, and transmits mails in various directions over more than one hundred and twenty thousand miles. It transmits intelligence in one day to distant places, which, when the constitution was first put into operation, was scarcely transmitted through the same distance in the course of a week. The rapidity of its movements has been in a general view doubled within the last twenty years. There are now more than eight thousand five hundred post-offices in the United States; and at every session of the legislature new routes are constantly provided for, and new post-offices established. It may, therefore, well be deemed a most beneficent power, whose operations can scarcely be applied, except for good, and accomplish in an eminent degree some of the high purposes set forth in the preamble of the constitution, forming a more perfect union, providing for the common defence, and promoting the general welfare.

§ 1121. Under the confederation, (art. 9,) congress was invested with the sole and exclusive power of “establishing and regulating post-offices from one state to another throughout the United States, and exacting such postage on the papers passing through the same, as may be requisite to defray the expenses of the said office.” How little was accomplished under it will be at once apparent from the fact, that there were but seventy-five post-offices established in all the United States in the year 1789; that the whole amount of postage in 1790 was only $37,935; and the number of miles travelled by the mails only 1875. This may be in part attributable to the state of the country, and the depression of all the commercial and other interests of the country. But the power itself was so crippled by the confederation, that it could accomplish little. The national government did not possess any power, except to establish post-offices from state to state, (leaving perhaps, though not intended, the whole interior post-offices in every state to its own regulation,) and the postage, that could be taken, was not allowed to be beyond the actual expenses; thus shutting up the avenue to all improvements. In short, like every other power under the confederation,

it perished from a jealousy,

which required it to live,

and yet refused it

appropriate nourishment and sustenance."

~https://press-pubs.uchicago.edu/founders/documents/a1_8_7s7.html

2 Likes

Please be aware that there’s still reason to keep on hoping for a progressive party. There’s a new “political home” available to you and me and the millions of other progressives who are longing for a government truly intent on improving our lives rather than keeping us down, a government that’s not bought off and controlled by big the oligarchs and the big corporations. It’s the Movement for a People’s Party.

From 4 p.m. until 6 p.m. Eastern time on August 30, a mere 8 days from now, that upstart Movement for a People’s Party will conduct it’s virtual convention. Please, please, please do not let it take place without your presence, for that would be a crying shame. You can attend simply by registering and logging on at the designated time.

Here’s a brief excerpt from the Movement’s website:

The People’s Convention will discuss plans to build the largest party in America in the next four years, including building local hubs and state parties, sending representatives to Congress and local office in 2022, and winning the presidency in 2024. We will discuss why we must finish the political revolution in a major new people’s party and how we can do it.

Now, I don’t know how it’s going to turn out but this, I do know. It will only work if enough progressives and others hoping for a better future for themselves and those they love finally come together to make it happen. And if sufficient numbers participate, that progressive political party with meaningful impact on the quality of our lives and the lives of our loved ones will become a reality and a force to be reckoned with. Go to their website, register for the convention scheduled for August 30 and show up!

1 Like

Is it safe to assume that you’re the cowardly censor who flagged another post of mine recently?

Also, a quote from Barack Obama:
“UPS and FedEx are doing just fine. … It’s the Post Office that’s always having problems.”

Thanks for this.

1 Like

There are shills on these boards. Their purpose is not to promote practical change, nor any roadmap towards progressive accomplishments: they exist on these boards simply to spin every single article as an attack on the Democratic Party. I think they are paid shills.

They are worse than nothing.

Common Dreams spends a great amount of “ink” reporting on mostly Republican malfeasance. And yet, it seems to me, that a good third of the comments on these articles viciously go after the party that has the House Progressive Caucus. I have no tolerance for shills who obviously are sowing division and disruption in the only serious opposition to the fascist GOP.

Hi 1EdBenti:
I find that I do not trust much of the RNC, but sadly the DNC is faiIing the PeopIe too.
I guess neither party much beIieves in climate change as both are feathering their personaI nests thinking that wiII save them. This is a good time to meet your neighbors if you don’t know them. It appears that the coming hurricane wiII change a Iot of Iives. Maybe it wiII change a Iot of minds too, about what it means to be a citizens in a changing nation. : (