Home | About | Donate

Net Neutrality Repeal, Evidence Shows, Is Doing None of the Good Stuff Aijit Pai and Telecom Industry Promised

Net Neutrality Repeal, Evidence Shows, Is Doing None of the Good Stuff Aijit Pai and Telecom Industry Promised

Jessica Corbett, staff writer

The telecom industry and Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Chairman Ajit Pai justified the Republican repeal of net neutrality protections in December of 2017 with promises that a "light-touch framework" would spur investment, giving broadband providers "stronger incentives to build networks, especially in unserved areas, and to upgrade networks."

2 Likes

An arrogant dickhead idiot - eejit - is this trump appointee fool liar, just like all the rest of his crime regime!

2 Likes

This was the feature, not a bug. WE should all realize this was about nothing less than increasing corproate profits, period.

2 Likes

Net Neutrality— kind and fair and worked wonderfully, Thanks to Ajit , the name should probably be —Net Brutality, “The one and only,” doesn’t work you silly Pai man. Read the history of MA Bell for that .

3 Likes

0 Likes

Sadly he’s not Trumps appointee, he belongs to Obummer. Trump just bumped him up to chairman.
Watching Pia get bitch slapped on TV, that’s some pay-per view I shell out some money for.

3 Likes

What are the Dems going to do about continuing to fight this?

1 Like

One move among many by Obama - the great progressive fraud - that has cost us dear. The betrayals and servitude to various destructive interests by Obama are a source of great anger to me…he used progressives and progressive issues to get elected then betrayed all that believed hid deception, aa he undermined a rebuilt progressive base and independent’s seeking a New Deal - the 99% sold-out in his calculated timidity and overt betrayals …a great waste of time at a critical juncture that set-back important reforms and progressive growth and interests greatly! I have little respect for his tenure or person.

3 Likes

Note to underserved rural and other areas: maybe you could get together, float a bond or two, and build your own network? Be your own non-profit ISP? Screw Verizon, Comcast and the rest of those bloated tech ticks.

1 Like

I am shocked—shocked!—that Pai is not working in the interest of the people.

1 Like

Obama was forced to pick a conservative FCC member because that body is balanced politically.

On the other hand, Obama was indeed a disappointment.

1 Like

…He had 70+ days before he ended up with a Rethug Senate and Congress. Yes, he had some disappointment but was roadblocked for 7 1/2 years by the likes of McConnell and the others who met the night of the inauguration to make a pact to not let Obama have anything! The real disappointment was the four preceding Presidents, starting with Reagan. Even Bill was to the right of Barack. Obama had NO indictments, NO convictions, No prison sentences for his 8 years in office and that was under “R” Congress…

0 Likes

With Trump Nazis in control of all of our agencies and the White House we are
seeing nothing but the US sinking to the GOP’s long desired “third world America”
status for benefit of the Elites they represent.

Everything is being down-graded here – including citizens, our products, our jobs, our health.

And without the necessary tools required for a democracy we are forced to sit and
watch our government involve itself in “illegal wars of aggression” on citizens all over
the world – economically and murderously – for the benefit of Elites.

1 Like

Why aren’t guys like this in jail?

0 Likes

According to these capitalist ass wipes, welfare (public assistance) for individuals and families is not needed and is wasted money. Yet, corporate welfare is not only expected … it is being demanded.

You will never hear conservatives and Libertarians decry corporate welfare as it is a natural condition of capitalism for it to survive … a system that must feed upon the poor and disenfranchised to even exist.

0 Likes

Sorry, Lorenzo, but Obama enjoyed a 2-year window of huge majorities in both houses of Congress.

With that going for him, he managed to give us Romneycare, which enshrined the primacy of private health insurers in our terrible system while leaving tens of millions uninsured.

But no indictments, that’s great.

1 Like

…Aug 25, 2009, the day that Ted Kennedy died is when he lost the Senate majority. 70+ plus business days. So I call your BS…

0 Likes

When Obama was sworn in there were 58 Dem senators and 40 Repub senators. Even with deaths, delays and illness, he always had at least 58 senators until the election of 2010.

0 Likes

Strangely enough, the “2 Dixie Cups and a String” landline phone company that serves as ISP to our predominantly rural area is undergoing a rapid conversion to fiber optics. My joy at finally having FO service is tempered by the knowledge that once the hard work and investment needed to extend FO to outlying areas like mine is complete, it’s only a matter of time until our local ISP is gobbled up by a heartless telecom like Comcast.

0 Likes